4/21/17 - Donuts and Thunderstorms

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's raining. It's pouring. Goldie & I got a small walk in around 6 in between the heavy rain. I'll
be going out around 8:30. I'll decide then if Goldie stays in or not while I'm gone.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Morning, Kat and others to join. Currently drizzling in Calgary. The weekend is supposed to be nice. I have a huge family campout planned this summer at a campground just south of Calgary so we are planning to take the Thunderbird for a cruise to check it out. I have a poker game tonight at our place and that's about it for the weekend.

A quick hi........daughters made it in safely, not happy with the cooler weather, but at least today, tho a mite foggy this a.m., is now sunny and better. They are helping their dad sort stuff accumulated over years (he never ever throws anything away...as there is to be an auction on Sunday. My leg is hurting me, don't know why, so am limping a bit. Have a good day, everyone.

Good Morning Everyone,

It finally stopped raining and the sun is out, but it's very chilly today.

Our Girl Scout Meeting last night was fun. We invited the girls from the 4K class at Gena's school to join us to learn more about Girl Scouts, and for the parents to learn more too, for the district coordinator. We only had 1 girl and her mom come, but I think they are both very excited to give it a try and the mom, just might be their leader. For a project we made Cheerio Bird Feeders that we hung up in the school courtyard to feed the birds that live in the pine tree. All the girls thought it was so "cool".

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Oil change for hubby's car, grocery shopping, church, same old, same old at least for now. Who knows how many other things will pop up on me. :)

kat - try not to get drenched

muzz - enjoy poker night and the drive.

poirot - enjoy your visit with your daughters

Have a great weekend.

A very warm, glaringly sunny day without a cloud in view. We're headed to 98F today and 101F on Sunday. I need to change out clothes in my bedroom closet to crop pants and tee shirts! A busy day of errands after work and softball practice for kiddos. Just an average American family this Friday.

Kat: glad you snuck in a walk this early morning. Hope the rain stops for a while.

Muzza: win a bundle at your poker game tonight and enjoy your T-Bird cruise!

Poirot: enjoy your daughters' visit and hope your leg feels better today.

Manda: your Girl Scouts meeting did sound fun and productive. Here's a toast to a few fun surprises this weekend!

Let's all have a quick Friday and a great weekend!:)

Late morning all.

I slept all night without an issue. Didn't wake up till way after normal get up time. The surgery site called and asked how am I doing. I said pretty well, slept all night, pain under control. The only problem I have, you can't fix. Oh, I'm pretty good at solving issues, says the nurse. Ok, I reply. I have a 8 pound poodle who doesn't like the ice pack on my knee because it takes up space and it's cold and he can't curl up on my lap because of it. Nurse laughs. Well, you need the ice pack again today, and the poodle is an important part of healing. But you are correct, I'm not sure I can solve this problem.

I shall take the day resting and enjoy it.

Have a great Friday.

Good afternoon. Nothing much going on here. My landlord bumped the propane tank with his mower and it was about to fall off the blocks. I helped him set it straight. New picture of the mockingbird babies. Do they look like they are partially feathered? I have to put that in my report (naked, partially feathered, or fully feathered).

threemocks.jpg

Good afternoon everyone,

It rained here too last night, and today was overcast and upper 60sF. Spent much of the day indoors at day one of our pre-Cyprus seminar, which went well and even ended a bit early. I really can't wait to go! I just have to finish up this senior thesis and some other last-minute homework to get it outta the way for good.

I'm beat--haven't gotten good sleep since before Coachella. But I have two homework assignments to get done first, and this weekend is full of senior thesis and work. Rest can come next week.

Hope all of you have a nice evening.

It's been raining most of the day here. There was a slack time at 1 when I got Goldie
out again. Rain tomorrow too.

Today I noticed the purple finches moved back in to the container they use each year.

They took down April's live stream feed today.

kt, thanks for the baby bird pictures.

Poirot, good luck with your auction.

robin, surprised that you slept at home last night. Good luck with your new knee

I hope everyone has a good evening.

I still have my knee. I don't have a meniscus anymore in my right knee. Nor do I have any arthritis spines, they have been removed. Yes, they will return, but for now they are gone. And my tendons were cleaned up too. I had similar surgery 20+ years ago and that knee is still going strong. Fngers crossed this surgery will last last 20+ years too!!

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been an okay but pretty busy day. I went to work, came home and had dinner which was what I have every Friday night, spaghetti. It was really delicious as per usual. After dinner I did some chores around the house and right now I am relaxing for the evening. WOW, am I ever happy it's Friday.

The weather has not been really good this week, a lot of cloud and too much rain. Right now it is cloudy and cool. I don't think I remember what the sun looks like.

Wishing all of you a fabulous Friday evening. Much happiness to each one of you.

Back