4/25/24 - Donuts and National DNA Day (seriously!)

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
How could I NOT start this post with this particular information? Too perfect for Days.

Other than that, it is a sunny 50 degrees.

Everyone enjoy your day, and keep your DNA to yourself!:)

1714058371828.jpeg

We have the next 3 days of Severe weather ahead. Currently Cloud Cover is what we have. We were supposed to have rain at commute time but according to HB nope. Do I go water the plants? or wait till it rains? choices choices.

I need to get out and run some errands but have no desire to do so. It still will need to be done....

"Lest we Forget" it's ANZAC day in Australia and New Zealand, a day spent remembering the lives lost fighting in wars for their countries.

I foolishly sent my DNA off to Ancestry discovered I'm not German as my father claimed I was, but I was English, Irish and Italian, the Irish and Italian I was aware of. My Siblings joined in and we are actual siblings... but not German....

Good Thursday to all.....

Just popping on to say hi. I'm currently in a training session but the French portion is happening right now.

A nice day here but a little overcast. Last night's Edmonton Oilers game had a 50/50 draw the almost came to a cool $5 Million.......that I did not win but should the Oilers continue, these will continue to grow.

Have a good everyone

Today must be Sami Brady's favorite holiday :)

It's cloudy, damp and in the 60s. Rain started around 4 AM. It was over before 8, but I missed my
walk time. Rain is suppose to start again later today.

Since I missed my walk, I started my cleaning chore before going to the little library. I'll be in this
afternoon doing studies and maybe more cleaning.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunshine.

robin, I hope the bad weather passes you by.

Muzzaman, I hope your training session goes well.

Wishing everyone a nice rest of the day.

Hi everybody. Finally back from day 4 of kindergarten registration. Everything went very smoothly all week until the very last 2 kids today. Not only were they both late, but they were also referrals. That meant I had to meet with the parents before I could pack up to leave.

I need to grocery shop when I leave the office. My refrigerator is bare, and leftovers from Sunday are gone. I'd rather go straight home, but that just won't work.

WW - Thanks for the laugh today.

rf - We get new Forensic Files shows on The CW network.

robinsnest - Poor Little Beastie. So brave when the neighbors and passing traffic can't get to him or you, but scared of the thunder that didn't get him.

kat - I'd pay you to help me clean my house.

muzzaman - Rooting for the Oilers since the Penguins didn't get a wild card.

Still shaking my head, hard to believe there is actually a day in the year devoted to DNA.....boggles the mind. LOL
Beautiful day today, 62, very slight breeze.........a gift from the weather, because Fri thru entire weekend is to be gloomy, cloudy and wet! Hard always to tell how wet........because rain forecasts just say rain here......and sometimes it lasts a long time, and brings thunder along, and sometimes just a cloud burst that lasts at most 15 minutes.
Really is nice out, I did get out to the store, and even was out on the patio for a bit, sweeping off some dirt and leaves. Can't do anything out there really, despite the stores all stocking out the flowers and veggies. Mother Nature is not trustworthy until end of May. Almost caved today, but turned around and left that flower/veggie area at the shop. Not gonna be tempted yet. Learned my lesson several years ago.

Come to think of it, I can't do much anyway. My back just won't cooperate, which is why I bought a couple pots last year. flowers were pretty, thought I could use them again this year, but boy, the roots of previous residents are hard to come up. Figure I will wait and see if perhaps they might grow again (doubt it, I pulled some out of one pot, a struggle for me, so figure I will wait and see if anything decides to green up. Ha. I left all my gardening tools at my lake house, thinking that all the outside is done by the owner here, we pay monthly dues for that, but he really doesn't do anything except mow, so last year I asked him if he would please mow the weeds down and plant grass. We'll see.

Redsquirrel, I'm so glad you're cheering for the Oilers! My home town. I suspect Muzza may not as Calgary is our rival. Ha
I'll be rooting for the OIlers, Mrs. Clean. We have to support the teams in our province regardless of our city's rivalry..........plus, I'd have no problem winning one of the huge 50/50 draws that your games bring in.

Back