4/29/24 - Donuts and National Tea Rose Day

Good morning everyone. I had to double check the date because I'm easily confused on Monday mornings. I've put the wrong date on paperwork a few times this morning, too. Maybe a moderator will change it to 4/29.

I was MIA for most of the weekend. Bursitis has decided to pay a visit to my left shoulder. I kept ice on it. Doc won't give me a shot until next week. I don't know which hurts worse ... the bursitis, him pushing his thumb between the bones to open the joint, or him moving the needle around inside the bursa sac while doing the injection.

I have an office week. Yep an entire week in the office. Make that the entire month of May if I don't hear back from the senior centers and senior living centers that I left messages for 2 weeks ago. Guess I better call them all again.

Tea roses were my Mom's favorite flowers. All she wanted for her birthday and Christmas were the extra pieces to go with her Pfaltzgraff tea rose pattern dishes.

Last edited:
Good morning.... I have the summary up and am now heading back to bed. Tested negative for COVID but I feel as bad as I do when I get the vaccines so I'll test later in the day.....

It is a sunny day so I may take one of my outside patio chairs out (I pulled them in for the stormy weekend which was a good idea) and sit in the sun to bake out the germs.....

rs ouch!! I thought getting cortisone in the palm of my hand to calms the tendons was painful.... nope after reading your description.... not even close.... enjoy your office time...

Really caught up on all the lost sleep of late. Fell asleep watching TV, woke at 10:15, off to bed, woke once during night for a bathroom visit, slept til 8:15 this a.m. Sheesh. Guess there was a jim dandy storm during night, early a.m., cuz one of folding patio chairs is down, the thermometer blown off it's perch, patio full of puddles, wet street and sidewalk, but no wind, and still very cloudy skies.
Supposed to be a rainy week here..... Tues. & Wed. perhaps free of the showers, note I said perhaps. LOL
Enjoy your day!

It's a beautiful afternoon with partly cloudy skies and in the 70s. Since the flowerbed is
so wet, I won't be out there today. I did get out and did other things.

Busy morning going to church, taking Fenix out, ate lunch and finished cleaning since
it's trash day. I did a few things outside. I'll be in the rest of the day doing something.

robin, thanks for doing the summary. I hope you'll feel better soon.

rs, I'm glad you can stay in the office since your bursitis is acting up.

Poirot, I'm glad you were able to catch up on your sleep.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day.

2nd test negative.... sore throat better... cough still there... headache gone..... shivers returning.....

I almost wrote you at 4 am kat to tell you I wouldn't be able to do the summary..... but I got it done and then rested..... now I looks like I need another rest.....

robin, I'm glad your 2nd test negative. I hope Vinnie is behaving himself.

Robin, I'm sorry you're sick, regardless of the cause. Sitting in the sun sounded like a good idea.

Kat, busy you, no matter what. Glad you had a beautiful afternoon to enjoy.

Poirot, it made me feel so happy to hear you got a good night's sleep. If we could do that consistently we would feel a lot better.

Squirrel, I've never had Bursitis but I know it must be terribly painful. But I did have the shot in the shoulder one time when I had "frozen shoulder" (Adhesive Capsulitis) so I can say without reservation how painful that was. Even worse, the shot didn't do anything to help, as far as I could tell. I hope in your case it does help.

I don't know what tea roses are but a couple who lives about two miles from me has little pink roses blooming all over their front yard white picket fence and they are so beautiful. I think they were planted decades ago by some of this man's relatives who have long since passed. I don't know what kind they are but we've always called them "wild roses" or "antique roses."

Sexton, thanks for starting the thread, especially with thoughts of roses.

My niece and I went to the city today. I had an appointment and she had a couple of errands. We ate at a Mexican restaurant neither of us had ever heard of before. It was a nice place. She liked the food but I didn't. So we stopped at McAlister's Deli and I got each of us a big chocolate chip cookie. The weather was nice, in the 80s* and sunny, not too windy. By Wednesday we'll have more chances of storms.

I'm having trouble staying awake. My sleep was disrupted last night from about 2:30 a.m. on with headache, vertigo, and muscle cramps in my feet/legs.

Back