4/3/24 - Donuts and Storms Continue

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good very early morning everyone. The thunder, high winds, hail, and torrential rain woke me up around 1:45. Thank goodness the basement pumps are working and the electricity hasn't gone out.

We have a flash flood warning through the weekend as the rain will continue. It will eventually turn to snow and rain mixed with the snow melting as it hits the soggy ground.

Prayers for everyone in the path of these massive storms that are bringing rain or snow across most of the US and parts of Canada.

Be careful
Here, the weather is nice. Chilly start 52 feels like 49. Sunny and clear....I am hibernating for now, waiting to see if I am going to be called into work for a couple of hours to assist 11 to 1.
I try to be available when they need me for extra days

Last edited:
Snowed a lot during the day yesterday, (wet snow) and again, lightly during the night. Being so wet, mostly melts on the cement or asphalt, so the street & sidewalks seem o.k. I have to return that Chrome book today, is all packed up, nice, just like it was when I brought it home. Hope all goes well.
Tis very cloudy so not sure if we are getting more snow or rain or what. Very windy, which makes it seem colder than it is. (32 currently) Have a good day.........

Thankfully the storms passed us. Quite a bit of rain though. There were many buildings damaged, as well as trees down and electric outages in other parts of the state. Now comes the cold spell, possible snow/rain mix. Guessing it's "Redbud Winter", since they are in bloom.

Have a good one!

RS.....saw your solution this morning, but I have everything all repacked, so am still going to retu rn, get a plain ol laptop. THANKs for the help hint. :)

Looks like I'm part of the bad-weather club, alas. 44 now, very windy, winter weather advisory and wind advisory issued for certain parts of NY. The worst is yet to come, they say, but not as bad as a few weeks ago. Time will tell.

redsquirrel: So sorry you will be dealing with bad weather for so long. Fingers crossed you don't lose power. And I also am sending good thoughts and prayers for all affected by various storms. April is an angry month so far.

rfsexton: Enjoy your cold, but clear, weather.

Muzza: Hope you get just enough precipitation, no oversaturation, and then blue skies.

Poirot: Good luck with your technology stuff. I have only ever used Dell laptops at home, but they can only be purchased through their website or Best Buy, far as I know. But agree with redsquirrel about Lenovo, they are an excellent brand, too.

Nameless: That is so sad about buildings being damaged. Hopefully, no one was hurt, and after a spell of bad weather, there usually follows good weather. One can only hope.

Let us all weather our respective storms and get through the day. At least it's Wednesday!

For inspiration. Mother Nature, are you seeing this?

1712156424323.jpeg

It was in the 40s when I walked this morning. It's sunny and in the 50s now. After 8 this
morning, the wind picked up. I'm glad it wasn't windy when I walked.

Busy morning. Time to go to PT.

rs, I hope your pumps keep working with your rainy forecast.

rf, I hope you get a call to work today.

Nameless, I'm glad you missed out on the storm.

Wilde Woman, stay safe during the bad weather.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Went out this morning to return the chrome laptop. And decided to go to the small computer place (they are A+ repair outfit, I used them, they eventually decided to open the small computer store) Well, they do have Lenovo I believe, but the price was out of my reach. Came home, checked for Dell, yes, only available through Dell itself (no idea what happens if something goes wrong, as far as repair tech people)so, forgot that (tho my son was insistent I do Dell when I talked to him yesterday)

I did not realize how much prices had increased... Since I don't use it for "work", only need something simple....do e-mails to family/friends, play suduku or solitaire, lol. Heck, my old laptop won't stay on, keeps turning off after a few seconds, maybe, if lucky, a whole minute. Tops of2 keys fell off, so one cannot type anything on it anyway......besides not staying on now to type anything at all, lol.
So, now I have to see if I can rumage up enough to get an overpriced (to me) laptop. Decisions, decisions..........

Poirot, I bought my Lenovo on Amazon....sold and shipped by Amazon. Also ordered extra memory at the same time to be installed by their folks.

It came with 3 months of Word, Excel, etc., but I did not pay to extend those. I've used Apache Open Office for years. It works exactly the same as the Microsoft products plus it is FREE from the Apache website.

Poirot, it might be pricey to buy one at computer place in town, but they would show you
how to use it. They can help you later if you run into problems.

So, cannot tell you all how much I appreciate your comments and experience. I have spent so much time tr ying to decide. I think, for me, Lenovo is my best bet, from Amazon.......however...they say "1 student" Idea Pad..........what the heck does that mean? Anyone know? (No, I am not in college, lol...I just need a new laptop........that doesn't cost thousands, sigghhhh.

Poirot, some of the expensive laptops are made to play video games and you don't one like that

@Old Cowgirl today as we were driving home from a trip to Target, I saw a bunch of cows standing at a fence. As we got closer I saw a HUGE plastic ball of trash, an old tarp? a large clear trash bag? The cows were all standing as close yet as far away from this as possible, if that makes sense. One had her neck extended to see if she could figure out what this thing was. These are feeder steers and I expect them to be disappearing soon.

Anyway I thought I'd share the story of the cows.

Back