4/7/24 - Donuts and Happy Sunday

rfsexton

Reaction score
Today has mostly been a good day. I got to church in spite of drastic speed limit changes along my route due to on going road construction. I even had time to pick up coffee and a kolache for breakfast.

I still got to church early, which enabled me to put a surprise on the table for my Sunday School teacher. She collects light houses. At ActionS, during bingo. I won a round so I chose the light house for my prize to surprise Miss Joy. She was delighted.

Lord's Supper today during church. Very nice service.

The only low is wifi is down, but I have unlimited data plans for my phone and tablet so it's not a problem.

Hello. Thanks for starting the thread, Sexton. How thoughtful of you, to get the light house prize for Miss Joy! I'm glad you're having a good day.

I had a good time at church too. I'm so blessed to still have a church (one of two) in this extremely tiny community. I don't know if I'd make it to church if I had to drive to one of the surrounding towns. Getting to places in the mornings on a deadline is a chore for me.

I think I'm going to take a nap now. Hope all of you out there are having a good day and decent weather. I did NOT wear spring clothes to church this morning. No one did. I even wore a jacket. I think it was in the low 60s* when I got out and went to church but the wind still felt cold. Oops, I just drifted off for a second and hit a wrong key. I'm off to nap now.

It was in the 60s when I walked this morning. It's sunny and in the 70s now.

There was a special service at church this morning. It was a combined service at 10 so I went.
The men made brunch and were servers. There was time for people at the tables were discuss
how the church is doing since we separated last year. Only three at my table so not much
discussion. We filled out forms. I'll be back tomorrow getting paper and finishing up the sanctuary.
I spent two hours outside this afternoon.

rf, I'm glad Miss Joy enjoyed her surprise and traffic wasn't too bad this morning.

OC, I'm glad you got to church. Enjoy your nap.

I hope everyone is having a relaxing day.

Good afternoon everyone. Having a beautiful spring day here with a high of 61°.

Sunday cooking is done...veal parmesan and stuffed rigatoni. Also made banana bread.

Garbage and recycle bins have already been taken out at to road. My pick up is 5:00 am and 5:15 am every Monday.

rf, that was so sweet to get the lighthouse for Miss Joy.

OC, enjoy your nap.

kat, I admire you for walking every morning.

Poirot, which laptop did you order?

in re: laptop.......orderedthe Lenovo idea pad..........\

I have not ever bought, myself, laptop or computer in years. My first was a very small Mac...........and when I went to upgrade, at the time there was no one in town here familiar with them, so no help...so was gifted with this current desktop by my son (hp).
When I took a class in learning how to operate a computer/surf the internet, etc. , we were given opportunity to purchase the laptops we used during class.....so again lucked out (price wise)
Have had to for years now, (Acer), but I only am online for personal stuff, friends, etc. Or looking something up myself......so I really don't want to spend thousands on one. Or even high hundreds. LOL

Last edited:
Kat, it was interesting that the men served brunch. I hope it was good.

Poirot, I so hope the new idea pad works great for you. These things can be so frustrating.

Squirrel, how nice for you to finally have a pleasant spring day! And food prepared for the week.

Robin, so you drove to Dallas? I had assumed you were flying. Thanks for reporting in that you made it. Addison is not far from Plano, where my son lives. Even closer to Richardson, where I used to work. I lived in north Dallas and before that, Denton, which you may or may not have passed through in coming down from Kansas. All of that was a lifetime ago. In the present, Dallas has a beautiful night skyline. I hope you enjoy seeing it and I'm hoping the sky will stay clear for all of you who have a chance to see the eclipse. Some reports seem to indicate the clouds may hold off until later in the day.

OC, the food was yummy. I was told 20 men came at 7 to start cooking. The minister's husband
worked in food service, He was in charge of the menu and cooking. There was egg casserole plus
bacon and fruit. There was biscuits and gravy.

robin, I thought you were flying too. My son said Little Rock is crowded. Hopefully, there won't be
too many people where you are.

in re: laptop.......orderedthe Lenovo idea pad..........\
I love my Lenovo IdeaPad. Let me know if you want me to talk you through turning off a lot of the installed extras that you don't want to use.
Can also talk you through getting Open Office so you don't have to pay for Microsoft Office after the trial period ends.

93% coverage for my area for eclipse
Questionable how much we'll see with weather
Wonder how bright 7% of the sun is

Not that we expect to be able to see the eclipse, but the clouds moved in, and it rained. More of the same for Monday.

They said 95%
Chance for break in cĺòùds

Back