4/8/20 - Days Summary - 1st half & 2nd half....

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, they cut in at half way point to do the "update".......so here is lst half...whoever got to see whole thing, tell us, please.

Ben & Ciara have returned to their hotel room, evidently unsuccessful in their individual job searches. They soon get to other things, I got the impression it was late in the day, as they talked of getting good night's sleep to hit the job search in a.m. But they get started on a sex romp, only to be interrupted by a phone call from Evan, who is at the cop shop, wants to see him.

Rafe has Evan there, lets him know David is fine, the FBI evidently has Orpheus, Rafe figures Evan was in on the kidnapping, wants him to either enter guilty plea, or testify against his father. Evan refuses outright, wants to make a call. See above.

Ciara talks a reluctant Ben into going to see what Evan has to say, more for closure. Well, of course, Evan wants to apologize for Jordan's death (insisting it was accident) & letting Ben almost be put to death for it . Evan is adamant, making all these excuses about wanting his son. To be with him, see him, etc. etc. Ben is not buying any of it. Evan says his love for his son overshadowed anything else. After nearly dying, Ben is indignant.

Xander asks Sonny to be his best man, Sonny is appalled. He tells Xander off in no uncertain terms. Xander insists he is trying to extend the olive branch, Sonny tells him to take his olive branch and he knows where to put it.

Jack is waiting with Justin, as Steve is in surgery. Justin knows Kayla wants Steve back, Jack talks of him, but also of Kayla, commenting she loves Justin. He knows that, what they have is fantastic, but doesn't hold a candle to what she & Steve have.

In the operating room, Steve seems to be on his side, almost his stomach, covered with big sheets, although his face is supposed to be showing, it looks weird to me. She is hesitant, but finally decides to go ahead. she eventually stops, the chip is surrounded by tissue, which was not the case with Hope or Marlena. If she cuts thru, that could/would be the end of Steve. She is going to sew him up, call in a neurologist and try again later. Suddenly, there is beeping, it is coming from the chip!! A female voice says preparing to self destruct in 2 minutes. Kayla realizes this was Rolf's doing, his way to get back at anyone. The voice says, self destruct in 1 minute, 30 seconds.

For some reason, my DVR did not tape the first half, but I'm watching live now. I'll fill in what I can, unless someone else beats me to the punch.

Comments on the first half:

I feel like the court order should have included this scenario. Obviously Steve would be in mortal danger. Perhaps Stephanie should have been consulted as Steve's medical power of attorney?

I like Evan more than Ben. Ben's still two up in the murder racket, and three up in the attempted murder racket (if you include Evan almost letting the State kill Ben) on Evan.

Thanks, Jason. I left out Nicole & Eric, who wants to read Mickey once last bedtime story, so they go to the Kmansion, where Xander doesn't want to let him go see Mickey. Eric is really upset at it all, wants to tell Sarah first before Brady & Kristen. ........(They just are dragging everything out just toooo long. Sigghhh.

Interrogation Room: Round and round and round with Evan and Ben. Later, in the multipurpose area of the police station, he tells Ciara he never has to see Evan again while Rafe looks on. Back in the interrogation room, Evan pleads with Rafe to tell David he loves him, and asked about him.

Kmansion: Nicole pouts about finding out the truth and Eric blames Xander only, then says a weepy good-by to his once-daughter-and-future-niece.

Operating Room: Kayla and Sarah cut off the power supply after a very brief deliberation; this means cutting into his brain, potentially impacting his memories. They have circumvented the danger, but wonder how Steve will be.

Waiting Area: Justin regrets that he has no winning scenario - no matter the outcome of the surgery, he and Kayla can't go back. Jack is his sounding board for these scenes.

Hotel Room: Ben laments that while he was forgiven, he could not forgive Evan. Ciara has a laundry list of reasons why it's OK that Ben is a bad guy that's now good but that's impossible for the evil Evan. Then they romp.

Waiting Area: Kayla tells Justin and Jack about having to slice into Steve's frontal lobe to get the chip out, thanks to Rolf's sabotage. Jack is confident in Kayla's abilities. Justin assures her that no matter what happens, he is here to support Kayla.

Sarah & Xander's Purple Room: Eric tells Mickey a story, kisses her. Sarah beeps that she's on her way home. Eric readies to tell her.

Kmansion Living Room: Sarah comes home. The surgery was harrowing, but not much is known yet. Sarah's happy to be home, Xander has picked up her dress.

Hospital: Justin is outside the operating room, visible through a window. Kayla enters from a different side door (I don't recall ever seeing this room before) and wants Steve to come back to her. Justin is watching.

Kmansion foyer: Eric and Nicole demand Xander wake Sarah up. Nicole lies about the reason, Xander tells them again to leave. Outside, Eric insists that they tell Sarah now; Nicole talks him back, Eric hopes she can be alerted before the wedding. Back in the living room, Xander tells the sleeping Sarah tomorrow she'll be his. END.

Bizarrely - I turned the channel to NBC just before 1, and later went back to check something and it had "recorded" the previous hour of NBC. That is usually only possible if you've been tuned to that channel. That allowed me to look back and see the last of Poirot's scenes, and avoid duplication.

In the last half, we get more Xander/Sarah setup to knock 'em down, and pouty weepy Nicole (who made her own bed), and evil plotting Xander. Ben and Ciara are useless. They have really nothing for Rafe to do. Everyone is just meandering about, waiting for the next story.

I do however appreciate that Eric has been supportive of Nicole, and has reserved his frowning for Xander.

So now, was Kayla able to pull the same miracle as Rolf, doing brain surgery, with having to shave even a tiny bit of hair from scalp.......bandage around head??? Wait, she said frontal lobe, does that mean cut into forehead???

OK that Ben is a bad guy that's now good but that's impossible for the evil Evan. Then they romp.
Unless a Salemite falls in love with him...... at which point his is perfectly redeemable....that being said... I'm NOT buying the redemption of Kristen.... EVER and really what else is there for them to do but romp?? they have no other talents.....

Waiting Area: Kayla tells Justin and Jack about having to slice into Steve's frontal lobe
Frontal lobe??? will his hair be cut??? will the bandage be on his neck?? Did they go into his brain from his open eye socket??? why was he on his side?? so many questions.... I'd watch when this airs in my timezone but I'm sure the president or our governor will interrupt the show they appear to do so on a daily basis....

Eric (to Mickey): Goodnight my angel, you'll always be in my heart.

He should've said to Nicole: Just like you, with Sydney.

Nicole: Who's Sydney???

You'd think just once during all of this, Nicole should tell Eric she knows how hard it is to give up a child you've loved as your own. I don't think she's mentioned Sydney since Sami took the kids and went to California.

It's aggravating when the show ignores addressing issues with small children. I was wondering what Eric was going to do with Holly when he was planning to go to New York after Nicole. Of course the show did not address this issue, but who was he going to leave her with? With Maggie in prison and Marlena in the hospital, he doesn't have many options.

I was wondering what Eric was going to do with Holly when he was planning to go to New York after Nicole.
I thought about the same thing. We knew Holly was at school (or preschool), yet Eric was making plans to fly to New York.

Well, maybe he was just going to dump her at the K-Mansion for Arianna's usual nanny to watch her.

He probably would have left her with either Brady, or Roman.
Actually, Eric told Nicole very recently, that she, Holly & himself are family. And he WAS babysitting Holly when Nik went to NY overnight.

Yes, he was watching Holly when Nicole went to NYC, but he made arrangements to just jet off to see her and we never heard him make mention of Holly and who'd watch her. Then again, it might have been mentioned but that part of the scene was cut.

Since he had not even made the reservation yet, that was something he would have dealt with after getting a flight and ticket.

I don't mean to be callous but would Eric have enough time to become so attached to the baby? It isn't as if he was there from the start. I know such a revelation would hit him hard but this hard? However, Eric is a gloomy emotional cripple who tends to overreact with violence (either actualized or threatened) so maybe....

Last edited:
Please Make It Stop, Part I: Enough with anguished Eric. He's making looking miserable a full time job, which is probably just as well since he doesn't seem to have any other form of employment.

Please Make It Stop, Part II: Ben and Ciara constantly getting cozy is getting to be more than a little much. It seems to take up a majority of their waking hours.

We Don't Need No Bill of Rights: Rafe was following grand old Salem tradition by putting the screws to Evan while his lawyer was not around. Bo Brady would have been so proud.

Medical Magic: How did Kayla access Steve's frontal lobe from the back of his head? Even super surgeon Dr. Daniel Jonas couldn't have pulled that one off.

Dumb Question; Jack asked why a neurosurgeon wasn't consulted for Steve's brain surgery. Doesn't he know that Salem doctors can perform any type of surgical procedure? After Steve, Kayla probably has a gall bladder removal, a heart bypass procedure, and the separation of conjoined twins on her schedule.

Back