4/9/18 - Donuts and a New Baby

Another Monday, another week.

Starting the week with babies is always a joy though! Our babies are all doing well this morning and that makes me sing soft little songs to their precious little hearts.

Hubs is going back to work today and kiddos off to classes. It will be 95F today, merciless for April. And this Momma is as busy as all of you parents are daily.

Manda: your grandson is beautiful! What is his first name? What does Gena think and has she held the baby yet? You may get a request for a little brother now!

Everyone make it the best Monday you can today.

Good morning...........hey, the sun is out, and the weatherman says by Thursday, we will be in the 40s!! Hallelujah! Been waiting for Lil0 & Shan's warmer temps to get across the Rockies and land here. LOL
Doing laundry, want to finish some bookwork I was working on Saturday. Running late on it. Where does the time go? LOL

Baby is adorable, Mandy, Congrats.
Noel, Hope your hubby is strong enuf to work all day now. How is his pain? I know he is probably still black & blue.

Congrats, Manda! Grandbabies keep us young. I bet Gena was excited.

Noel - Wow Hubs is going back to work already? How are his ribs? Have a great day loving on those babies.

We had a whooper of an electrical storm come through Saturday evening just before dusk and lasted until 8:00. It was so fun to watch. We sat out on the deck (covered) and watched the whole sky light up for 2 1/2 hours.

Have a great day.

Shan: glad you safely enjoyed the electrical storm light up the sky this weekend. Hubs is eating Advil and moving slowly but determined to make it through the day & week. Attitude over everything else is his ex-military philosophy! Thanks for asking about him. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Hope your Monday is a good one.

Silly me, I forgot all the details. His name is Tristan Ace, he was born Saturday at 10:38, 9 lbs 1oz, 20 inches long.

Noel - wow hubby's going back to work already? That's fast. Make sure he's careful with all that Advil. My hubby started to mess up his liver taking too much of it for his back. Gena is excited to be an aunt again, but no, she definitely does not want another brother (she has 3 older brothers already). She didn't hold the baby yet. She was worried about getting him sick as she has a cough. Pretty sure it's just her allergies, but she didn't want to take any chances.

Shan - I love watching electrical storms. :)

Manda: that is a strong name. In Arthurian legend, Tristan was a Knight of the Round Table and hero of the medieval tale Tristran and Isolde. I love the meaning of names and this is a good one.

Sweet Gena! Thinking of the baby and being protective of him already.

And, yes, we've had the "Advil" talk but that doesn't mean he takes my advice. His co-worker texted me to say he doesn't think my husband will make it half a day at this rate. So we will see.

Good morning and congratulations on becoming a grandma, Manda. Exciting for your family and such a little cutie!!!

Shan - I would have loved to have watched that storm. I love watching lightning storms.

Noel - Glad to hear your husband is back at work. Must be having a fairly quick recovery which is great but still needs to not overdo things.

Porot - here's hoping everyone's weather turns to actual spring and not this winter crapola. We are expected to still get snow this week but it will melt the same day. It's these April wet heavy snow that almost immediately turns to a slushy mess.

I am back to work from my holidays and surprisingly, there wasn't much to get caught up on so that's a welcome start to the week.

My husband has been told it may be possible that his employment could go on to end of August. Fingers are crossed for him that in the end they will keep him on and stay employed but preparing for his eventual lay off. Thankful he has been given what he has been given. His head is filled with thoughts of his co-workers and some of the major life changing situations some of them are currently facing and his heart feels for all of them. With his acceptance of staying employed, his shift has changed to evenings, so we will see each other on weekends for the time being and my Friday off. At the end of the day, we are happy for what could be a worse situation such as what occurred over the weekend and are thankful for so many things.

Many families in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba are mourning the loss of life for a hockey team that was travelling to a playoff game. A very sad and tragic accident occurred over the weekend where a semi truck ran a stop sign on a highway t-boning a bus full of boys. 14 are dead as a result, 16 injured and 3 more in critical condition. I had tears reading about this. Where many of the players are from is from a small community in Saskatchewan and will have an impact on the entire community. Those poor families, survivors, and no amount of punishment for the truck driver is ever going to help that man. He survived and is likely going to be struggling with this for the rest of his life.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Monday to all.

Muzz - It is tragic that loss of life endured by that poor hockey team. To have something joyful and exciting turn to such a quick and sudden tragedy. Prayers from the warming Southwest.

Congrats on the grandson, Manda. I always find it interesting with new baby names. I like this one. I wonder what names my kids would have had if my ex hadn't insisted on the ones they ended up with. They were his choices and I agreed.

My first born has his birthday today. He was born on a Monday at 11:47 AM. Basically that meant I missed breakfast and lunch. And had to wait till dinner because, God forbid, they feed a new mother at off hours. That was back in the dark days, when husbands had to have a signed certificate from a Lamaze class or doctor saying they could be with their wife in delivery.

patrick cassius.jpg

There he is on Easter Sunday with his son that he was allowed to catch, and cut the cord. Times have changed. For the better, I guess.

Robin, what a handsome son you have. :) This new baby has by far the best name so far of my grandchildren. The other 2 are unique to be sure, there's Yunaleska, she's almost 7, and Aizen (boy) 2 1/2, to be wonderful older siblings to Tristan.

Here are all 3 grandkids with my stepson

upload_2018-4-9_13-27-46.png

Muzz - the accident was so tragic. I can't imagine the grief of the mother who lost all 3 of her boys.

Muzz - here is Spokane we are all hockey fans also and the news that came down over the weekend was horrible. I have been praying for all involved all weekend. The news here keeps saying they don't know the details of how it happened yet so hearing how it did from you was awful too. The truck driver I'm sure is a basket case.

Robin your grandson is adorable. His grin looks like he is a charmer!

Manda your grandkids are adorable also. Gena has niece and nephew young enough to play with! That is how it worked in my husband family. He went to school with 6 of his nieces and nephews and in the halls at school they would yell "Hi, Uncle Rickey!"

Muzza: it is good to know your husband may have as long as August to find a new job. That security plus time to deal with this huge change is a blessing. Prayers for the families who lost their children in that tragic accident.

Robin: yes rules in delivery and nurseries have progressed at the insistence of moms and dads! Thanks for the cute Easter picture of your handsome son and cute grandson.

Manda: thanks for the photo! A lovely family to welcome Tristan.

A beautiful day here. Guess where I was? Nope, not the flowerbed. I knew on Friday
the ditch further down needed sticks and limbs raked out. I did that today. Then I
cleaned Goldie's dog house. I washed things and hung them out.

It's supposed to be sunny and warm everyday until Friday. I'll be outside mowing
and doing other stuff.

Muzzaman, I'm glad your hubby may work longer than expected. Sorry to hear
his work time has changed. Very sad news about the hockey team.

manda, congrats on the newest grandbaby.

Noel, I'm glad your daughter is well enough to go to school. I hope your hubby
didn't overdo it today.

robin, cute picture with your son and grandson.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Heya Everybody! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. I had a so-so day today. I went to work, which was pretty busy, came home and relaxed a bit before dinner, which was asparagus, ham covered in honey mustard and some garlic mashed potatoes. It was a really delicious meal. After dinner I have been doing chores that needed to get done and right now I am relaxing and getting mentally prepared for Tuesday.

The crash in Saskatchewan is truly a horrible tragedy. To see the country and the world come together to pay their respects to the victims, the survivors and their loved ones is touching. My heart breaks. My love and prayers go out to everyone involved.

Right now it is partly cloudy and 37*F, it was 68*F last year at this time. Looks like Winter never ever wants to end around here.

Wishing all of you a marvelous Monday evening. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Kat: you are in great shape to physically accomplish so much in a day. Great news you had beautiful weather to enjoy outdoors.

McSweetie: hopefully the heat leaves here soon and warms up all of you tired of winter. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Sweet dreams.

P.S. and by the way.

A co-worker brought Hubs home before lunch. He is in much pain but concerned about his job. Now his employer knows visually how much he was hurt and told him he needs a doctor's release when he returns. Now his mind is at ease over his job, I think he will rest easier and heal quicker. And, no, I didn't say 'told you so'.

Back