4/9/24 - Donuts and National Unicorn Day

Thank you for the memory, Kat! I believe you posted The Irish Rovers' version. Peter, Paul and Mary also recorded it.

I found this nugget:

The album was successful enough to warrant another album, which included their first hit, which was from a song originally written and recorded in 1962 by Shel Silverstein, The Unicorn. Glen Campbell played guitar on the original recording.

66 and sunny today, just put in the screen and brought out the small fan.

Wishing all a very unicorn day!

1712674455610.png

Good morning everyone. Busy day at work after not getting much done yesterday. Staying back at the office to get caught up with paperwork while my co-worker went to screen kids this morning.

Ended up with a migraine yesterday. I don't know if it was triggered by the sun or by having my neck tilted back so far. The arthritis in my neck and spine didn't help any.

The unicorn is also the official national animal of Scotland.

Cute video, Kat. And thanks to Wilde Woman for the additional information. Strange that I don't remember the song, especially since I have some old records of Peter, Paul, and Mary. WW, I like the pretty unicorn picture too.

Squirrel, I know it takes time to recover from migraines but I hope the worst of it is gone from you by today. Lately I've started to wonder if some of my early morning ones could be triggered by my neck and spine, osteoporosis, sleeping positions, etc.

Sexton, sorry I don't remember that cartoon movie either but then I have never watched cartoon movies.

Robin, I hope you and HB are getting some rest today. That was a fast, difficult trip for you. But the picture of the two of you is excellent! I enjoyed seeing all of your pictures. I knew people would be at the Cotton Bowl but I didn't realize that's where you were going. It's been a lifetime since I was there.

The storm we had at bedtime last night didn't do much here. Lots of lightning and thunder but only a few tenths of rain and no hail. The other side of the community got two inches of rain and tennis ball size hail. There's more going on in the area today but so far only a short rain shower here. It's supposed to be like this through tomorrow.

Cute video, Kat. And thanks to Wilde Woman for the additional information. Strange that I don't remember the song, especially since I have some old records of Peter, Paul, and Mary. WW, I like the pretty unicorn picture too.
Here you are, OC...Peter, Paul and Mary's version. It is very different than The Irish Rovers' version, a different unicorn song!

It started storming early this morning. It was suppose to rain all day, but around 8 it stopped.
The sun was out for awhile. It's cloudy again and in the 70s. Rain later tonight and all day
Wed. Maybe it won't rain all day again.

I was able to walk this morning. I took Fenix out a little earlier than usual. I wanted to get
summary posted before lunch. I going to finish my tax returns this afternoon and get them
ready to mail. I usually have them done before now. Having PT takes up a lot of time.

Wilde Woman, the song Peter, Paul and Mary sing is a different unicorn song. I never heard
it before.

rf, I haven't seen the movie "The Last Unicorn".

rs, I hope your migraine is better today.

OC, I hope you get the right amount of rain.

Wishing everyone a nice rest of the day.

Robin, is that your first baby or first grandbaby? Oh ugh on having to drive with windows down. I spent enough of my life doing that to ever forget how it feels. But at least you weren't in Texas in August!

I stopped in to say, as though it would be of great interest to anybody, that I am thoroughly enjoying my new office chair. My niece's son put the casters on it for me a few days ago. Every time I sit in it I wonder why I didn't get something like this years ago.

robin, I'm glad you found out about the A/C in your car before it got too hot.

OC, I'm glad you like your new office chair. I think the PT is helping. I feel my legs are stronger.

First baby.... spawn 1, then two years 41 days later spawn 2 came along then 12 years later spawn 3 joined the trio #3's birth date is same age as #1 same year following month.....#3 was a tossed away kid by his bio parents..... they are reconnecting.... he gets along with his dad, and bio siblings not his mom so much.... but it's a process....

first grandchild turns 13 yes thirteen next month I cannot believe he will be 13..... I remember his toes... so extraordinarily long...a fine young man these days....

My new laptop arrived this afternoon..........I got it out, hooked up with what came with it. It turns on fine........but.........well, I spent over hour and half trying to remember password, but they not only want passwords, but network security key, and a couple things and I have no idea where to find, or why needed. They mention a password or number on the "router", no idea what that is, probably don['t have one as I only have my desktop here in the little office. I never got asked these things with my old laptop.........frustration for sure. I put it all away, too tired now to try anything more.
It has a touch screen feature, which is nice, but I do prefer mouse.......have an extra one, can't find the brand new one I bought a while back. It's somewhere.

This desktop was no problem to set up, my old laptop was already set up as I bought it after finishing a computer class nights at the high school. Li ve and learn for sure, but not as easy as you age. LOL

P.S. and my desktop ..........or my server........is having troubles, as I cannot get my e-mails since 3/21! So my son tried on his computer at home, using my address, etc. and got them. Great, but doesn't do me any good, he lives 3.5 hrs. away. Grrrrrr.

Poirot, my network security key (password) for wi-fi is on the side of the internet box. It also might be on the bottom
of the internet connection unit. Good luck. My computer is hooked to the box and everything else is done with wi-fi.

All I do is plug my computer & the modem into the wall socket. Just looked, and there is some sort of password on bottom of modem........about 30 letters long. Egads. Letters so small, I need a magnifying glass. Don't even know if it is what I am supposed to need. Grrrr. Which reminds me, forgot to call eye doc today. Darn!

Back