5/9/21 - Donuts and Mother's Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wishing all the moms a wonderful day.

09963782c916f3770368fc42b80d7c1d.jpg

Yesterday I finally figured out today's forecast. The high was this morning. I couldn't figure out
why the forecast for the afternoon was in the 50s. It was in the high 60s when I took my walk
this morning. It's supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow morning.

robin, that's a great t-shirt.

Chilly today, tho sun is out. Neighbors have all kinds of bulb flowers blooming, and set their bird bath up in the middle. They also have a bird feeder just put up, so that all is nice to see. My back gives me so much trouble, and it limits me planting or digging anything. I do miss my hummingbird feeder and also want a bird bath, tho perhaps it would be too heavy for me to handle. Hubby is unable to do anything, and I am soooo limited. Sure do miss being taken out for dinner on this day.......instead, like all holidays, am cooking, of course.

My next to me neighbors have still not returned from AZ. Last year, they were back last week in April.

(So, I live in a condo, two units joined together. It is my neighbor joined to this place who has not returned. The neighbor on other side of me, grass inbetween us, has the bird stuff out. Lousy explanation, but I don't have pics. )

Poirot, having to cook on Mother's Day is no fun. As much as I dislike frozen entrees, I had one today because it was preferable to cooking. I'm glad you have some flower and bird activity going on next door though. That can provide some bright moments for you.

Kat, we're getting a cold front too. I guess it started today. Only got to 70*, which felt cool, with the north wind. I've heard it said we'll be lucky to get up to the 60s* in a day or two. Ordinarily I wouldn't like it to be that cool but this time of year I will embrace it because I don't relish the idea of 90s* and up. Also the cooler temperatures and wind help to keep the mosquitoes tamed down.

Back