6/10/21 - Donuts and Storms

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Another hot muggy day here with thunderstorms to arrive this afternoon. I've had more than enough rain , but we'll probably be in drought conditions come August (as usual).

I'm in the office all day catching up on reports. I just wish I had a window to look out. I'm so jealous of Amanda's view from her office.

Good Hot Morning,

Another hot humid day here, yippee skippy. I wish the cold front would move through and bring some rain, they keep saying soon. Gena is excited as my mom will be picking her up from club at 12:30, so she can spend the afternoon working on her quilt and whatever else they decide to do. Not too much else going on for us.

RS - don't be too jealous, I have to turn around for my pretty view. When I face my computers, my view above the screens are meeting rooms. There's so much work right now that I don't get to enjoy the view very often.

Have a great day!

Good morning.......plans constantly being changed without me knowing, so tis rather hectic here, not knowing who will be showing up when. One caregiver's little son got badly sunburned while swimming (mind you, dad was there, figured the one application of sun screen was enough) but the kid evidently was in and out of the pool) so is now in hospital, 2nd degree burns, one area hitting 3rd degree. Hospital docs wanted him in sterile environment,,,so there has been a scramble finding subs to come, even short length.

I had hectic day yesterday, made two different groc. shopping trips, and now today, will be doing it again. Grrrrr. More rain forecasts but thus far, nary a drop, and mid-90s today again!

Hello. We're only going to reach 96* (heat index 103*) today. I'm excited that the humidity is down a bit (67% right now), maybe due to a nice south breeze.

Poirot, how horrible for that little boy! I wonder if he was exceptionally fair-skinned. I've lived with Texas sunshine most of my life and I've never heard of anybody being hospitalized for sunburn. I hope today is less hectic for you than yesterday. It seems there's not enough help to go around anywhere these days.

Manda, the afternoon with your mom seems like such a nice break for Gena. I hope they have a real good time together!

Squirrel, I hope you get a break from the rain soon. Too bad you can't send the thunderstorms over to Manda. I was hoping when they redid all your offices you might get a window. I remember that little cubby hole you used to have for an office. But I guess it wouldn't be possible to put everybody in a room with a window.

I had 2 packages from Amazon that were supposedly delivered on Tuesday. I've searched all the usual hideouts and haven't found them. I guess I'm going to have to request replacements from Amazon, right? Can anyone tell me where to look for doing that? I just now went there and all I could find was a place to return an order.

Another hot, humid day here. I've been walking at 6 in the mornings this week because of the heat.

I had a busy time at the library today. The head librarian was there and after I put items on the shelves;
she had a project to do. They took off books yesterday and they needed straightening out. I did my
best. I moved books around so the shelves aren't so tight. I'm not sure what's going to happen when
the new books get on the shelves.

Poirot, I hope they can find someone to help while the regular caregiver isn't there. I wonder if the doctor
will have to report what happened to the child to the police. Would third degree burns qualify as child abuse?

OC, go to your Amazon account and look for the order. There are several things you can do. The return
button also has replacement. There's also a button for help that has a non person chat. You don't want
to reorder and get charged twice. Good luck.

manda, I'm glad Gena has her day with her grandma and that she found someone in her group to be friends with.

rs, I hope you won't get too much rain. My yard should finally dry out with heat.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Capture.JPG

OC I signed up and requested photos of my package delivery. I don't know why rural folk delivery can't get the same thing?

Took the Beast to daycare, then HB to his eye doctor. Memorial Day we had a police officer killed when a impaired driver ran a red light at an extreme high speed. Today is the officer's funeral. I drove by the church where the service will/is being held. WOW, all the motorcycle officers, fire has brought two ladder trucks that have a flag hanging between them. Officers at all the traffic signals between my house and the church. Guessing they will be closing the road when the service is over, as they take the officer to his final resting place.

We are warm and humidity is rising slowly. We are at 14% now.

O.C. have you gotten a clue yet as to your pkgs location?

Poirot, I went to the customer service link and followed through all the steps, which resulted in them telling me to contact my carrier. I clicked on UPS and got a great list of how to try to find my deliveries :sarcasm:, such as ask the people in my house if they've seen anything, check with other people or places where they might have been left, etc., or wait 48 hours and if they still haven't been delivered, check with the suppliers if it was 3rd party. I can't deal with stress in the evenings so I guess I will try to collect my thoughts on what to do tomorrow. I may check at the feed store one more time. It operates on the honor system so doors are never locked. One of the drivers could have left it there on Tuesday after the farm store closed at 5:00. The man at the farm storm checked in the feed store for me that afternoon.

Back