6/17/2023 - Donuts and a Fish Fry

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. It's cloudy here this morning, in the 70s* but is supposed to reach the 90s*. We also have a threat of severe thunderstorms this evening, at about the same time my church is having a fish fry. A 30% chance. I'm going to town after lunch to pick up a pie to take to the event tonight. I have a friend who makes pies to sell.

So far I've only had my breakfast so I need to take a shower and get moving. Wishing everyone a good weekend. I realized yesterday that Monday is a federal holiday.

Morning all. It's sunny and will be in the 80s this afternoon.

A busy morning for me. After I got back from shopping, I went outside to the flowerbed. The area I'm working in now
is shaded by a tree and there was a breeze. I got a lot done. There's still an area that needs weeding. I was happy
to see two bees when I was outside. I've noticed a lot of bugs are gone in my area. There are hardly any spiders. I put
up the hummingbird feeder since I heard one. Before I came in, I used the trimmer along the street. I don't like grass
growing in front of my house.

OC, enjoy the fish fry. No mail on Monday.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

Good Saturday to all..... Thanks kat for the reminder no mail on Monday..... I still have to get to the post office and mail the weekly newsletter to my kids. I keep seeing that the next generation thinks this or that is pointless and don't understand why boomers do it.... well idiot writing the list did you ever get a post card in the mail that was from someone saying HI,? Or are all your post cards telling you your dog needs vaccines or your car warranty is expired? Pfft.... I'll send post cards every week to my grandkids till I no longer can.... so there.....

On a happier note it didn't storm as badly last night as feared....and the dog didn't feel the need to sleep on me..... to protect me of course....

Enjoy the fish fry....

have a great Saturday kat.....

On to the post office.

Back