6/18/2021 - Donuts & Rain

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,

It's humid and warm today, but we finally got rain last night and into this morning. Nothing much on the agenda for today, but tomorrow we'll be attending Gena's niece's birthday party.

I apologize for not checking in yesterday, I had the day off an got busy with running errands.

Have a terrific Friday

Another sunny, hot day here. I walked then had breakfast. I worked outside this morning.
I planned three hours, but too hot to stay out that long. I came in after about 90
minutes. I trimmed and pulled out weeds in a couple of spots. I watered the side bed.
I plan to be out again Sunday AM.

I'll rest awhile then time to get ready for the Sunday school lunch.

manda, have a good time tomorrow at the party.

Wishing everyone has a wonderous day.

Lucky you, Mandy, you got some rain! It is in our forecast, but clear blue skies, sun is shining. Yesterday there were periods where it seemed to get a bit overcast, but then it moved out, and nothing. Usually in June, the grass is getting mowed every 5 or 6 days, but with no rain, heck, I think it has been only once so far this month, early on. So even tho the barometer says rain, (yesterday & today) guess it just goes elsewhere. Yesterday, I swore I saw a lightning flash (just once) off to the north. So perhaps that is where the rain went, up to Duluth. LOL

Ran out to store at 8:30, back by 9, just a few things, caregiver was here so wanted to get back. She said the skin grafting went well last night, said her son will be released TOMORROW & sent home! That is a surprise, but I know there will be lots of instructions.

Rain?? What's that??

Hi from the desert where at least we weren't Palm Springs yesterday. They were 123. We were only 118 so it's nice not to be the hottest place in the states. Not that 118 is a picnic.

.mario.jpg

My gamer sons loved this. It's kinda true.

Manda it's summer and the desert, so it's not surprising. Just like winter in the east where you hunker down and try to survive. But that being said, you learn creative and easy crock pot dishes. I made fresh cherry cobbler in the crock pot the other day. (Hunny Bunny went to Costco 3 times in 3 days earlier this week, each time purchasing a huge container of fresh cherries) I knew there was no way I'd be able to eat all of them so crock pot cobbler was made, and it was yummy.

This is the VERY difficult (NOT)

Crock Pot Cherry Cobbler Recipe

2 cans cherry pie filling (or 6 cups pitted halved fresh cherries)

1 box cake mix (I used yellow as that's what I had, Duncan Hines Yellow Cake)

8 oz unsalted butter

Put cherry pie filling, then cake mix then slice up the butter into chunks drop on top of cake mix

DO NOT MIX

Cook on high for 2 hours low for 4 hours

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

I'm thinking next time I'll put in peaches as I love peach cobbler.

Robin, that does sound good. I love cobbler! I hadn't heard about Palm Springs but I did hear that Death Valley was going to be the hottest ever on record.

Poirot, I'm so glad the little boy's skin grafting went well. I wish him an uncomplicated recovery. My husband grew up on Long Island, NY, was fair skinned. He told of getting a bad sunburn one time (nothing like your caregiver's boy though), and I think he never went to the beach again. Decades later, we married and moved out here to a very hot part of Texas, where he did outdoor work for the rest of his life. He never got sunburned but he ended up with very dark tanned skin. Strangely enough, unlike so many of the older men around here, he never had any skin cancers.

Kat, you are wise to regulate your time spent out in the heat. I hope you enjoyed the lunch.

Manda, yea! rain for you! Have a good time at the party tomorrow.

I wore myself out again today. My niece took me to get my car out of the shop. Over $600! Yowsers! Two new tires and a complete brake replacement job. But at least I feel more at ease about driving it now. We made a quick stop at Wal-mart, then ate at a pizza place. First time I'd had pizza in years. After she dropped me off to get my car, she went on her way and I went through a car wash and also back to Wal-mart for something I didn't want to take the time to get earlier, then I went to the nearby supermarket and got some things. The thermometer on my car said 99* the whole time I was out. Sun was bright and scorching. Robin, forgive me for sounding whiny. As soon as I got home and put my cold foods away and got into comfortable clothes and removed my makeup, I collapsed on a bed and slept for a while. I feel better but still feel like I want to go to sleep.

This is the VERY difficult (NOT)

Crock Pot Cherry Cobbler Recipe

2 cans cherry pie filling (or 6 cups pitted halved fresh cherries)

1 box cake mix (I used yellow as that's what I had, Duncan Hines Yellow Cake)

8 oz unsalted butter

Put cherry pie filling, then cake mix then slice up the butter into chunks drop on top of cake mix

DO NOT MIX

Cook on high for 2 hours low for 4 hours

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

I'm thinking next time I'll put in peaches as I love peach cobbler.
That is almost like dump cake only you add crushed pineapple and then bake it in the oven.

Back