6/19/21 - Donuts and Juneteenth

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. Looks like we'll have a new federal holiday. Juneteenth is not new here in Texas. It's been celebrated for as long as I can remember.

A quiet morning here. Bright sunshine and will again reach 98*. I'm happy to have that over what's happening in other parts of the country. Sweltering heat out west, tropical storm conditions in the Gulf and I don't know what else. I don't have any specific plans for the day but there's always plenty waiting to be done.

Have a good day, everyone.

Another sunny, warm day. I can't say almost is 90 hot when robin is hotter than I am.

Walk and errands done for the day. I'll be inside the rest of the day. I'll either shred paper
or work on the address book in the old computer. There are a lot of addresses I don't need
and I don't need to save them all.

OC, enjoy your day whatever you do.

I hope everyone will have nice day whatever they do.

Good morning.......a neighbor decided to have a sort of neighborhood coffee klatch this a.m. in her garage, door open, invited everyone. 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. lol. Well I went around 8 a.m., although caregiver had not yet arrived, but was just across the street. Never showed, thought perhaps I had time wrong, it was 9-11 a.m. Nope. I came home couple minutes after 9, made hubby breakfast, coffee, called the agency. They were SHOCKED. Called back all apologetic, a screw-up in schedules, sending someone immediately. Well, too late. Caregiver arrived, also so apologetic, but only stayed a few minutes, as nothing more to do by then. Will be back later this afternoon.

Was nice to meet, see neighbors, chat a bit. Coffee, tea, donut holes, lol, & a platter of some fresh fruit - Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, .......twas pretty nice.....I wished I could have stayed a bit longer, but worried about hubby with caregiver not showing up.

Nice day today, will be mid-80s......with the rain now pushed to tomorrow nite. (if ever!)

Weird that the caregiver didn't think to call???? Thankfully you didn't have something urgent to do during that time.

My oldest grand kid called this morning. I had purchased the bonsai Lego tree and had it sent to him so he could put it together for me and I'd bring it home in August. Well, his dad purchased one for me for Mother's day but it arrived late. So now he has one and I have one but he has to put both together!! He is thrilled. Legos are his thing.

Last night we all went out to the pool. The Beast said no thank you and went inside and watched TV. Water is 92, air temp was 108 and when I got out it was cold!!! which is so funny. It wasn't but boy was I happy to wrap myself in my towel.

Crock pot turkey pot pie is a cooking and while I do have to leave the house to mail letters, I do this every Saturday, nothing else is on the agenda for today as it's another warm one.

Stay safe, drink plenty of water and have a great Saturday.

Was talking to my next door neighbor this a.m. at that coffee party. They spend the winter in AZ., they love it there, but come up here for the summer months. Told her be glad she is not there now with the ghastly temps. They'd live there year round if not for that. But did comment they could not take the winters up here, so, for them it works. I think they go to Casa Grande, she said.

p.s. I wanted to mention that I had never heard of Juneteenth, until the last few days, tho well aware of Emancipation Proclamation (interestingly, watching a rerun of Andy Griffith yesterday, Barney bragging of being a history buff, ask him anything, & Andy asked him to explain the Emancipation Proclamation .......to Opie. Yep, Barney skipped all around it, lol) And I never knew the day was celebrated as a holiday anywhere. So..as others have said, we learn so much here in Donuts, don't we? God Bless you, my dear friends.

Back