6/20/21 - Donuts and Father's Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wishing all the dads a terrific day

fathers-day-2021-21624155665377.jpg

After weeks of 90s & 80s....our high today.......61! BUT it is raining, folks. 1st time this month. Grass was all brown. So after a few small short showers all day.......the skies really let go. We really needed it.

Ran out this a.m. to Walmart to buy time for son's cell phone. I tried to do it online, but the site kept wanting to add to MY cell phone, not his, despite me putting his phone number in, not mine. Then I tried to say this was for 2nd phone of mine......they still kept wanting to put it on MY phone. So, I got the card.....and evidently you just scratch off for a pin number, call a number, and it is done now via phone. Frustrating. So then took the card over to his Asst. Living, but they won't let you inside.....so, I got the aide or nurse to take the card, told her the instructions are simple, she promised to do it for him. Happened to be just getting him some fresh coffee. LOL

Also remembered to get low dosage aspirin for hubby, a coffee cake, and was 2/3 home before I realized I forgot the Sunday paper. LOL. Yep, back I go, and definitely stayin' in. Kinda nice to just watch it rain, and not be running or driving in it. LOL

Glad you finally got some rain, Poirot. It is so pleasant to watch when you've gone a while without it. You mean you're still not allowed to go in and see your son?

Robin, you sure are making good use of your crock pot. I wonder if I'd use one more if I'd get a smaller one. I've never used one much because I've only ever had very large ones. Now, especially, it sounds like such a chore just to get it down and then wash it later.

Kat, if this is the first day of summer, I guess it also means the days will start getting shorter?

I went to Sunday school and church, came home and ate, then slept hard for nearly 2 hours! I'm still groggy. Had weird dreams. I think I'll read. I've actually been reading two books lately.

Another sunny, warm day. After I walked this morning, I watered the front bed. After breakfast, I worked
outside awhile before Sunday school class.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rain day. I hope it comes since it will be cooler for a couple of days.

Poirot, do you know when you might be able to see your son at his new place? Enjoy your rain.

robin, I'm glad the turkey pie turned out well in the crock pot.

OC, I think they make crock pots for one or two people. Yep, the days will start getting shorter.

I hope everyone has had a restful day before the start of a new week.

They just let us know we can visit OUTSIDE. Heck, I had to wear a mask just to get inside the outer door. Then had to stay "in between". They are still super careful. But, it was raining, chilly, so I did not want to have him come from his room for that. They have a room called The Sun Room, I guess, and you are able to visit there inside.....but you have to call ahead, make arrangements and can be the only "family" in it. So that was not an option.

Back