6/21/21 - Donuts and thunderstorms

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rain has finally come back to my area. I went out a little earlier for my walk since forecast said rain around 7. I was on my last lap
when it started to rain. Lucky for me I had my umbrella. It stopped when I got home, but it just started again. It's supposed to rain
most of the day. The high for today is now. It's suppose to be in the 50s this evening.

I hope everyone has a marvelous Monday.

Good morning, and happy summer to all! Glad to hear some are getting some much-needed rain.

I had quite the dear deer family in my front yard this morning: a young buck, two does, and two teeny little spotted fawns sticking very close to one of the does. So darn cute. The deer and birds seem to love my front yard. :)

Good Morning,

Sweet wonderful rain. We've had rain every day since Thursday. Some crazy storms, some slow gentle rain. I've enjoyed every moment, and today our temperatures are a wonderfully pleasant 60*. I am praying for everyone in the path of the crazy storms or still entrenched in the horrible heat wave.

Gena and I had a pleasant Father's Day. We had a visit with my mom & stepdad after church. Then they were off to present a quilt to a veteran, so we went home. Saturday Gena twisted her ankle at the birthday party, and it's still quite sore, so I picked her up a compression ankle brace. The consistent pressure and extra support is helping significantly. It's made of the same material as a traditional ace bandage, but it's all one piece so she won't have to worry about it slipping or needing to rewrap throughout the day.

Kat - I'm glad you're are getting rain and that you were able to get your walk almost completed before it started.

65Days - I hope your grass gets back to healthy.

Have a terrific Monday!

Good morning........Sure did get a dilly of a rain storm yesterday....my rain gauge said about an inch, maybe a bit more. Was 46° this a.m. LOL, Brrrr. Going to get to 62, so they say, and 70 tomorrow. Glad it isn't 90s. This a.m. sun rise, nice, then clouded over a bit, did that for a while, so wasn't sure what the day would bring. But ...once again it is blue skies, bright sun. Pretty breezy, too. Once again was awake at 3 a.m., stayed in bed, but never fell back asleep. So 5:30, with the sun fully risen, got up. LOL

I do have a couple errands, but perhaps it will be nicer out later on. Gonna try to do some laundry...note I said TRY! Things interfere at times. :)

Hi everyone!

Glad some of you are getting much needed rain.

We have a tropical storm off the coast right now so if you want to experience my weather wet a towel, put it on your face and walk into a sauna :rotfl:

kat, enjoy your rainy day.

65days, I hope your grass gets some green back.

manda, hope Gena’s ankle feels better soon.

Lil0, what a cute scene you had this morning with the deer.

Poirot, you just reminded me that I have to do more laundry.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

wet a towel, put it on your face and walk into a sauna
Ahhh, that sounds icky, no thanks. But really, I would like some of your rain. Actually, anyone's rain.

Per the weather guessers, we will be "cooler" this week and we have a 20% chance of rain for one or more days this week. Now, by cooler they don't really mean cooler. They just mean UNDER 110. I've "summered" here since 2005 and it's warmer earlier and longer since I've been here.

I've been battling trigger finger on my right hand, "Mr. Tall Finger", as my kids used to call it. It curls during the night and won't uncurl without pain. I didn't want to have a shot again so I'm trying splinting it at night. We shall see how this goes. By noon it generally stops being annoying. Some of you may remember my hand doctor is Dr. To(e).

Off to do fun things in the A/C.

Good Monday to you.

I'm having a break from the rain. It rained all morning. The flowers enjoyed it.

Lil0, I'm glad you had a nice visit from the deer family.

manda, I hope Gena's ankle feels better soon. Enjoy your cool weather.

Poirot, I hope you sleep better tonight.

red, I hope the tropical storm won't get too close to you.

robin, hopefully you'll get cooler weather.

Hello. I went to the nearest town (20 miles) this morning and renewed my car registration, then stopped at Dollar General and browsed. Bought only a few things. I'm not typically a dollar store fan but this one is fairly new, in a very small town, and is kept pretty clean. So on the rare occasions I go to that town on business, I like to go in there and walk around looking at everything. It's quiet, hardly anybody in there.

It was so nice when I came out and drove home. A cool front had moved in and it sprinkled rain on me off and on while I drove home. It was 73* with a brisk north breeze. Felt so good when I got out of the car. Now it's about 83* but still not unpleasant. I'm waiting to see if my niece comes over. I haven't seen my cows in a while and we need to be moving them this week so we need to go looking for them.

Lil0, I hope the deer can't get to where you have your garden or other plants. It's so fun to watch them but can also be a problem if you have things they can wreck in your yard. My cows will be coming back to the pasture that surrounds my house this week. With no fence around my yard, it will soon be a mess again. I have mixed feelings. I do enjoy watching them, especially the little ones.

Deer have been surprising me for the past few weeks.....darting out suddenly across the road. What is scary, usually there are several, or more than 1 or 2, so you worry that the one you slowed down for is not alone. Even young ones. Out at the lake, saw them in the yard all the time (mostly fall & winter.) But not any more, miss it. So glad some get to see them meander around their homes.

Poirot, yes, if I see one crossing the road, I assume there are more. And I slow down even more.

OC ~ My vegetable garden is fenced, otherwise I would not get any veggies to eat! They nibble on the shrubs in the front of the house, but so far haven't completely annihilated any. It did take me a while to figure out why my Hawthorne tree is so neatly trimmed around the bottom, about 5 feet up from the ground. :) Eventually, I caught them in the act. That tree brings me, the deer, the birds, and the honeybees a lot of joy.

Oh, Lil0, when I first moved up here, I had a garden, lol. Yep, lost most to the deer, except for what grew "underground". I tried fencing a bit, but that did not work, after 2 years....gave it up. I even tried growing in pots (tomatoes, green peppers) but that was not very successful.

My youngest, son, does bees, has hives, does the honey, tis yummy. He began with 4, I think has about 18 now. Maybe more.

Lil0, I had to Google Hawthorn tree. Very pretty!

Poirot, 18 hives? Wow! He must have plenty of honey for himself and some to sell.

My niece and I went out after 6 this evening and fed our cows. We got hers moved across the road. Will move mine in the morning. Didn't get finished until after 8. It's a good thing I don't have any plants to protect in my yard except for one bush--a Sand Sagebrush bush, which I've struggled to protect all these years. My sister and her husband planted it when they lived in this house over 50 years ago. For some reason the cows like to trash it.

Yes, O.C., he has sold his honey, has to buy the jars, even has labels. He had 7 or 8 in his yard, and then a close by farmer lets him put the others on his place, way out, I guess. LOL

Honey production is interesting (not that I'd ever want to tend hives myself). No doubt there's an abundance of flowering tasty tidbits for the bees in your son's part of the world. The lady who kept bees on my property told me the honey from my property was her best seller. (She kept hives on different properties over a large area). She explained this was because there are a lot of wild plum bushes on my place. I'd never thought about different tasting honey, based on the source of food for the bees.

Back