6/27/21 - Donuts and church

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first time I'm going to church since March of last year. It's my pastor's last day and I wanted to go
even though I may get soaked from the rain today. I decided the other day to leave home early and Zoom

with Sunday school on my laptop. Hopefully, the church WiFi will work.

I went out before 5:30 this morning and walked since there was a break in the rain. I saw the moon for awhile.
I decided just to go around 3 times since the sky was getting dark and wind picking up. There should be a break
with the rain on my drive to church. One reason, I wanted to go to church early and not drive there after Sunday
school class.

Poirot, I hope you can find someone to help with your driving this coming week. I'm sure your pastor can help
you with that.

I hope everyone will have a peaceful day.

Rained during the night, went to store for paper, drizzled a tiny bit when I came out. But very overcast still....Rain has not been hardly anything, just enough to wet the sidewalk a bit. Odd. Time to go read the Sunday news, not that it changes much.

Good morning. Oh, how I wish I had some of your rain!! We are getting our turn for that HOT weather here. Inside my house, it is already 80* and it is only 9:30 am. I watered parts of the yard early on. Poor plants had their tongues hanging out. We are expecting a few more days of this before any cooling. sigh.

Doubt this tiny bit of rain here would do you any good, as it sure is scarce, grass is all still yellow & brown. I just read in paper about the Pacific northwest getting the nasty heat wave now. Hope you can stay cool enough. Having temps inside be that warm already is ghastly.

https://www.livescience.com/arctic-circle-siberia-hot-day-2021.html

And I thought I was warm. Oy.

I have cousins in Portland who are melting. They have never needed air conditioning and now it's in the triple digits.

Dinner in the crock pot, dog dancing insanely, it's a Sunday here in the desert.

We do have rain in the forecast. So maybe we will have monsoons this year. Of course the storms will be over the weekend next week, making the holiday weekend kinda messy. But that will be just fine, as we really really need the rain.

Good afternoon. It rained an inch, give or take, in this area last night. Roads were pretty muddy when I went to church. My RV son called last night. They are in the lower part of Oregon but on the coast so it was in the 50s* there! He said they had changed some of their plans because of the heat wave. They postponed their next move for a week and will keep to the coast instead of going somewhere inland that they'd wanted to see.

I can't stay awake. Must take a nap.

The sun is out now. It rained when I was leaving church. A lot of people weren't prepared for
the rain at all. After getting soaked yesterday, I took a raincoat and I had an umbrella.

robin, I'm glad your family wasn't hit by the big branch..

Lil0, I hope you're staying cool as much as you can.

Poirot, I hope you're taking it easy today with your busy week ahead.

OC, I hope you had a nice nap.

Good (late) afternoon. Over 90° here, and very humid. So far it hasn't gone above 75° in my house. Thank goodness for my woods since I don't have AC.

Fans are all set on high exhaust in windows on the back and sides of the house plus my bedroom in the front. The livingroom is closed up. Those windows won't be opened until the sun goes behind the trees across the road.

Boneless country ribs are ready to come out of the crockpot. Fresh green beans were cooked in the microwave. I just need to decide if I want rice or a baked potato.

Took a lot of things upstairs for storage this morning. Made 5 trips to also bring down 42 hard back and 21 paperback Stephen King books from my upstairs bookcase. Friend Cindy's son loves Stephen King, but has never owned any of the books. He was thrilled to pick them up today. I also gave him 2 cooler bags to use for his lunch and beverages when he returns to work in 2 weeks.

robinsnest - that tree looks rotten plus the top looks like it was hit by lightning at some time. Hopefully what ever entity has jurisdiction over the beach has the entire tree removed.

My Texas daughter posted pic of her 70 + year old pecan tree out front that is leaning over now, is sad, wonder if the city will be ahead of the game, or actually wait til it falls, doing damage? Robin, glad your family wasn't seriously hurt, tho your son's arm sounds rather serious.

After those couple raindrops this a.m., sun came out, all day, no more rain, despite the constant forecast saying thunderstorms this afternoon. LOL

More dead flies in the patio door track, window sill. No idea where they came from, but they die pretty quickly. Even a couple on the floor! Weird.

Robin, that is so scary! What a relief that your family didn't get severe injuries, though what they got was bad enough.

Poirot, will the city be responsible for dealing with your daughter's tree or will she? What a shame, to lose a pecan tree that old.

Kat, you were on the alert, after getting so wet the other day. I don't think I've ever owned a rain coat or an umbrella in my whole life. I have wished for such a few times though.

Squirrel, over 90* with high humidity sounds suffocating. The exhaust fans and other things you do must make a huge difference. When I lived in PA we lived in a wooded area and all we had was a couple of little area fans. I've never been so miserable from heat before or since.

If the tree is on her property then she's responsible. If on the city's property, the city is responsible.

OC, having so many trees cut down that had branches over the house has made a big difference with the house getting warmer. I can't pull in cool air from the woods through the back windows now after the sun gets high in the sky. Before I pulled in cool air all day.

Last edited:
She lives in a condo...........Usually property is owned by all owners......however, I think the tree is in her yard, so she is responsible. She has called in very experienced tree company, they will be doing it in pieces, I guess. Have to be careful, leaning towards neighbors house.

Back