6/30/21 - Donuts and crazy weather

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think all of us are having strange weather this year.

I've been getting out before 6 to start my walking. Then after breakfast, I can work in the flowerbeds awhile.
This morning, I worked on the side bed. Then I watered it. It's supposed to have rain today. Since it's not raining
now, I thought I should water just in case it doesn't. I worked in the front bed too. I'll be outside again on
Friday morning.

The finches have been very active around the bird basket this morning. I don't know if what they are doing. I keep
the living room blinds closed from the morning sun. I see their birds outlines when they are flying around.

This afternoon, my two women friends are coming over to play games. I'm not sure when they were here last.

I hope everyone will have a cheerful day.

Good Morning,

Sunny and 75* here right now. I just got back to my desk from my morning walk break. A co-worker and I (sometimes there are a bunch of us) walk around the short trail at the office, gets us some fresh air and sunshine. It's a busy day here at work so I can't chat long.

Kat - enjoy the time with your friends, so nice to be able to have friends over again.

JS - I agree, those machines absolutely amaze me. I wouldn't have the patience for it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

That contraption was amazing. Guess it kept him quiet for a few days, but not out of mom's hair as I'm sure he'd have to ask for tape, old necklaces etc. But was fun to watch.

We have a big day planned!!!! We are going to the hardware store and then a nursery!!!!! Whooo hooo. Can you stand the excitement?? I almost can't. LOL

Good day to all.

Good afternoon everyone.

Crazy weather is right. We've had off and on torrential rain since dinner time yesterday. I had to leave open the spigot that drains the self watering system underneath my raised bed planter so my vegetable plants don't get water logged.

Work has been absolutely nuts today with schools clamoring to schedule for next fall. I felt bad telling many that there are no open days until next January.

Good afternoon. I don't know where the day went. I haven't accomplished anything. I took a nap before lunch! Guess I was worn out from yesterday. I intended to get some paper work done but haven't even done that.

Squirrel, it seems all businesses are so booked up and so far behind, I wonder if things will ever even out again.
Robin, I hope your day has been as exciting as you'd hoped. :rotfl: Truth is, it sounded pretty entertaining to me.

Manda, it's nice you get to take a little morning walk break.

Kat, do your flowers and plants have to be watered everyday--either by you or by rain?

I had a nice afternoon playing games with my friends. We played a new one today.

OC, I don't water everyday. I try to water every few days if I don't get rain. We had a steady
rain this afternoon.

manda, I'm glad you can take a walk at work.

robin, I hope you didn't fall asleep during your fun afternoon
:)

Well about 45 min. after hubby left with his caregiver up to Duluth, they called, their CT scan machine was down, so they wanted to cancel. Too late, he is already on the way. So they evidently made some kind of alternate plans for next week, so all sorts of things are changed. They want him up in Duluth at 8:30 a.m. next Tuesday, meaning, leaving here 6:30, then a 2nd appt. at 2 p.m. that day. Grrrrrr.

In the 80s today, such up and down weather. Been up since 5, but woke so many times during the night. I hate this, I fall asleep then, in evening, way too early. :)

Poirot, I wondered if something was going on because you've been on my mind all day. I didn't know the trip to Duluth was scheduled for today or that you'd come up with arrangements for getting him there. What a mess it turned out to be for you and all concerned! This has got to be hard on all of you. I hope you can get some rest tonight.

Well the excitement has come to an end. We were able to get everything at Home Depot. The Beast was VERY well behaved walking through the store. I was pleased and HB was shocked. As we walked outside, rather than chance the Good Dog Gods, we left as we waited for HB to check out. Vinnie wanted to play with two guys at the self checkout. I had to say "Leave it, not HB", as those two walked out a few minutes later they both told Vinnie, nope not HB, not HB. Vinnie sat back down like a good dog and waited. After we returned home, HB wanted to go to Costco but wouldn't let us join him. :cry: Guess that would have been way too exciting.

Back