7/15/2019 - Donuts and the countdown begins

Is there nothing to put out to entice the snake. I mean, how often do t hey eat,.and what? Do they prefer hot, or cooler air. Is there nothing to pump inbetween walls to get him to MOVE?
aM feeling for you, Noel.

Poirot, I got some misty rain this afternoon. Not very much. Forecast says we
might get more rain later. I hope so. It's suppose to be in the 90s this week.
Is your radio small enough to move? Maybe a fuse went out in that room.

Noel, sorry to hear no sign of snake. There needs to be a better way to find one
when it gets in a house.

Good evening. I was preoccupied today with having Mr. Fixit inside my house to fix some little things. He's very close to finishing with the little house project (would have been finished long ago but he has been not showing up a lot lately).

I enjoyed reading all your posts--well, except for Noel. Noel, I feel so concerned for you and your family. This is such a traumatic situation for you. I've been wondering whether you are still seeing any trails in the sand on the floor. Continuing to pray for your safety and for a resolution to this exhausting problem.

Wish I had a Mr. Fixit...Used to......I am married to him........but he just can't any more.
@kat...........yes, my little portable that plugs in can be moved, not as "hearty" as my regular radio, but I can bring it out here. However, it is not bringing in the station I usually listen to either, others, yes. So perhaps that one here is having problems. ???
Our TV comes and goes, as the rain gets heavy, then lightens up. Why is it, when it comes back on, always a commercial? LOL

Patio Salem Spectator.jpg

The patio cover..... we still have the cactus on the patio in this picture... they are on the cart and have since been hauled off to the side.....the sun screen will come down but not until we have to take it down......

Poirot I wish I had some new words of wisdom...... but I don't...
Noel... not sure but I remember a story of a lilttle old lady who swollowed a fly.... then spider.... then bird..... perhaps you could try this method to clear the snake...

Robin, what a pretty and peaceful setting you have there. Is that a swamp cooler on top of the house? My daughter-in-law is from El Paso and she says everybody has them there, on top of their houses. When we first got electricity, back in the late 1940s, we had them as window units but humidity here, though not usually high, is still enough to make evaporative coolers uncomfortable, so most people eventually switched to refrigerated air.

Poirot, my husband was my fix-it man until he got sick. It can be challenging to take charge of maintaining things, when you've had a husband who could always fix things. The man who fixes things for me now lives in town and it can be hard to get him out here to do things. I think he finally solved a problem with the new convection/microwave today. I had been without an oven and microwave for nearly six weeks.

OC that is the hard working Air Conditioning Unit on the roof. My across the street neighbor has a swap cooler that she uses occasionally.... she is a snow bird so she isn't here for the 3 months of H E double hockey sticks that we are in the middle of now.....

3 more work days then a day for hair cuts going to the bank washing clothing so I'm ready picking up this cutie patootie......
Cassius.jpg
he is wearing his father's favorite tee shirt..... I didn't keep all of their clothing but I did keep some......He arrives noon Saturday...... we leave Sunday morning for Orlando......

Back