7/29/21 - Donuts & No Tsunami

Oh, wow! Good news, for sure. Up our way we did NOT get the predicted nasty storm, thunder, lightning & high winds, guess whatever it was moved south as Chicago, Milwaukee area caught some jim dandy stuff.
Looks so overcast & hazy here, as if we still could get a storm, but none in forecast. The sun is actually viewable as this round orange ball, even now!

Good Morning,
We got some rain, but the tornado warnings and really bad storms were about 30 miles south of where I live, right in the midst of the big experimental aircraft show. I forget about it every year until I start hearing all the extra airplane traffic, but people travel to the area from all over the world. We have haze and smoke from the fires too, it actually smelled like wood smoke outside when I left the office yesterday.

Today should be a quiet day for us, as we don't have Girl Scouts, and Gena forgot to call my mom to see if they could sew today. I have no idea what we'll do with ourselves tonight, maybe we can weed our garden. I picked 7 tomatoes last night and 4 green beans, I wanted to make sure that I got the items that were ready in case we got hail.

Robin - stay safe, poor Vinnie, I imagine the cows look gigantic to him.
Lil0 - same for you, be safe in all that smoke.
Poirot - I'm glad the nasty weather missed the both of us.
RS - Just saw your post from yesterday, you sure are busy this week. I hope your jam sets, although chunky strawberry syrup would be great on waffles.

Have a great day!

Another summer day here. I'm under a heat advisory this afternoon and Friday afternoon.

I stayed about an hour at the small library. I wanted to get out and do some fast
yardwork before lunch. I'm in for the day.

rs, I hope you'll find time to relax before you go back to work next week.

manda, good luck weeding today.

Lil0, I'm glad your area won't be getting a tsunami.

robin, I hope Vinnie wasn't too scared of the cow.

I hope everyone in the east stays safe if more storms come your way.

Hi, everybody.

Just sitting a spell before going for my shower. The freezer pickles are now in the refrigerator for the 24 hour wait before packing in containers.

My jam isn't quite set all the way. Guess they'll go in the fridge for the rest of today. Then they'll go in the freezer tomorrow.

Lil0, I'm glad you didn't have the aftermath of that earthquake.

Poirot, the nasty storm has broken in 2, and the worst parts went around me. So far just gentle rain, but the weather folks are saying the second part may hit us.

Amanda, sometimes a nice quiet evening is what you need. Tiring out Gena with pulling weeds sounds like a good idea.

robinsnest, laughing at Vinnie seeing a cow. I bet he'd be terrified if OC'S bull bellowed at him.

kat, you still worked outside during a heat advisory?!?! That sounds scary.
Yes, will be relaxing tomorrow afternoon through Sunday except for doing laundry. Having lunch with tomorrow with my friends from the other county. The wife said she is up to it (after her stroke during heart surgery in May) and wants to see everyone.

Then going to my town's art / food / entertainment festival this weekend.

The heat advisory starts at noon. I was inside before 11. I was in the shade too.

I forgot to mention the female finch is feeding the babies when she stops by. It's unusual
for the pair not to do it together.

rs, enjoy your fun weekend and lunching with friends.

Glad you checked in, Robin. I don't know how you're staying there with the smoke. Of course I smiled at the thought of Vinnie seeing a cow. Dogs and cows usually clash, unless conditioned otherwise.

Manda, it's a shame the storm hit where the air show was supposed to be. It made me laugh a little to imagine you and Gena each eating 2 green beans.

Glad the storm missed you, Poirot.

Lil0, what?? You were expecting a tsunami? How did I miss that? I sure hope it doesn't happen. I hope your house gives adequate protection from the smkwlllllllllkkkk.*****I guess this is where I dozed off for a bit. :rotfl:

Kat, I hope you find something you can enjoy doing indoors.

Looks like I may fall asleep, like it or not. I woke up sometime between 4 and 5 this morning and didn't go back to sleep. Now I can't stay awake. I'm waiting on a couple of phone calls.

Squirrel, it must feel rewarding to have some food treats put away. It sounds so good. A relaxing weekend for you also sounds very good! Especially with friends.

An encounter between my bull and Vinnie would be interesting. I wonder which one would be more afraid?

I can't get started with anything. Still waiting for a phone call, which will tell me whether I need to go to town or not. For now, I need to get up and eat something.

My governor is having a special press conference about Covid this afternoon. What he needs to do
is fix the law the lawmakers passed this spring about mask mandates. Schools want to have
everyone wear masks in my state this year, but some of the lawmakers passed a law that you
can't make people wear them even in schools.

OC - Gena washed the green beans and gobbled them up as soon as we got home yesterday. She loves them fresh from the garden. I hope you were able to sneak in a nap.

RS - you made fast work of those pickles, I hope your jam improves in the fridge. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I'm not sure that we'll make it out for weed pulling, we'll see how hot and humid it is when I leave work. I may just wait until the weekend, I think it's supposed to be a little bit cooler.

Kat - I'm glad you were in before the heat advisory started.

Back