7/30/2023 - Donuts and a bowl full of cherries

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Sunday morning to all.... it's hot in the middle of the country and toads have been spotted in the back yard...... Not much planned for the day.... the new kitchen mat arrived yesterday wasn't due to arrive till Monday per tracking but came early... Yippee....I guess..... so today I'll resweep and remop before putting down... and fingers crossed and prayers sent to on high that HB measured correctly when he ordered the mat... it's a fatigue mat that interlocks together so we can stand longer in the kitchen, order the number you need interlock them and wa la kitchen coverings...... we shall see.....

I hope everyone enjoys their day....

What a difference a day makes. Glorious day, 76 degrees and 43% humidity. Nice breeze. Walked outside for a while and ran more errands, so grateful heat wave is over. No doubt there will be another one and another one.

Robin - Hope that mat works out. Just don't let any toads sit on it.

Everyone have a peaceful Sunday.

1690738065323.png

A cooler morning for walking, but by the time I was done the humidity kicked in. I only stayed outside
long enough to pick up petals after.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad you're getting cooler weather.

robin, I hope the mat fits and works.

It's International Friend Day. I hope all our friends here have a relaxing, restful day.

I like those videos of bears doing fun things. My favorite one on Facebook is of a bear strolling down a highway, stops to set upright a traffic cone that has been tipped over, then continues on his way. (Someone may have posted that on here a few days ago too, I'm not sure).

Wilde Woman, the picture of the bears enjoying an outing at a lake is adorable! It makes me think of one of my favorite stories my mother used to read to me from the late 1940s, called Tangletown. The two bear children in the bear family were named Nosey and Posey. Lots of adventures.

Robin, after all your hard work I sure hope that mat is the right size. When my husband was in the nursing home they covered the entire floor of his room with interlocking rubber pieces of rubber "mats" or padding or whatever. Cheap, brightly colored (all different colors) pieces, like for a child's playroom. This was because he'd forget he couldn't walk and he'd get out of bed and fall. I'm guessing your pad is of better quality than those. I still have them somewhere but haven't thought of anything I can do with them.

I've about quit looking at weather and temperature reports for here. There's nothing but sunshine and excessive heat in the foreseeable forecast. I'm just staying in with curtains closed and lights mostly off as much as possible. I went outside for a few minutes this morning before it got too hot. Looking at my internet wiring outside, in case there are any wires loose out there. Not that I could necessarily spot a problem. May try to send some pictures of it to my son. He's stumped by my wifi not working. He needs to be here to investigate further but that won't happen anytime soon. He really wants me to get Starlink but I'm not wanting to spend the money for it and besides, I'm concerned it might be even harder for me to get help with it when (yes, when, not if) things go wrong. Ah well, my little Verizon hot spot is working okay, just has some limitations and is a bit more inconvenient.

We didn't have church this morning. Our pastor just got home (lives in Fort Worth) from an Alaskan cruise and now has Covid.

This weekend was the World Log Rolling Championships here...yes folks, chopping, sawing,(one person, and two persons with huge saw), climbing trees, spinning a log in your bare feet in the water, lol. Oh, just too many events to list, plus they have male only and female only ones, it is mind boggling. And they have the log rolling for kids division. Went a couple times when I first moved here, but don't any more. Plus it is on TV, radio, you name it. Gotta say, tho, contestants come from all over this country and Canada to chop, saw, climb, etc. Yes, even Europe.

Lovely day here, mid 70s, sunshine, a breeze. Was a nice break from the heat, which is returning tomorrow for the whole week. Enjoy!

Back