7/31/21 - Donuts & Haze again

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning.......One looks outside, is it fog, overcast, smoke haze.......all and more? Whatever it is, dreary is the word. Humid is another word. Better one is YUK. LOLOL Hope it is lots better wherever you are, & you have a lovely Saturday, the last day of July. (And yes, sun is rising later and later, we lost about 45 minutes of daylight this month......sun rise is supposedly around 5:45 a.m. but guarantee you, it is actually a bit later, at least yesterday it was. I notice more at day's end, as I shut the blinds, turn on lights, etc. Enjoy the day, my friends.

Well, we are in a health advisory, "stay indoors, etc." This is air quality, and another advisory is coming later about the smoke from Canadian wildfires, etc. Evidently separate issues.

This should be the last day for the heat advisory in my area for now. Tomorrow it's suppose
to rain and next week highs in the 80s. The lows will be in the 50s overnight.

After I came home from shopping, I went out awhile. I was in the shade so that helped. I'm
almost done with that project. It might be awhile before I finish if I get heavy rains tomorrow.

I hope my mower comes today. If he doesn't come soon, he'll probably have to mow next week.
He told me he was coming yesterday, but he probably had to stop doing work with the heat.

I'm in for today. I'm sure I can keep myself busy doing something.

Poirot, I hope you won't to go outside today.

I hope everyone will have a good day.

Poirot, it doesn't sound like anyone's going to have much summer fun in your area. August is about here. Hard to believe you'll be telling of cold temperatures in no time.

The bull fighting plot thickens. Half an hour ago I heard the low rumblings really close to my house. Still had all my curtains closed so opened up one in the living room and sure enough, there he was, with his face 2 ft. from my window. More urgent sounds were coming from the side of the yard, right next to my propane tank. My other bull and the neighbor's were going at it. This confrontation got pretty nasty but didn't last very long. They were actually fighting, as they butted each other down the hill. Sorry to say my bull was the loser. He ran off into the trees so now the winner came lumbering up the hill to have it out with my other bull. They locked imaginary horns and by pushing and shoving, made their way from the front to the back of my house, staying close enough that I started to get concerned about all the big solid glass windows. When they got even with my steps I stepped outside on the landing and told them they needed to take this somewhere away from the house. It was funny--and surprising--that they stopped and listened. The big black Angus neighbor made a meek little sound, like a kid who'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. After my admonition and his weak reply were repeated another time or two, he started to walk away but then my bull (a Red Angus) started in on him again. But this time they did make their way out to the back of the yard and off into the pasture trees.

I woke up at 3:00 this morning. Was awake for a long time, got up once, back in bed, eventually went back to sleep, which resulted in a late breakfast and now it's time to start cooking something for my dinner (lunch).

I hope everyone isn't shut in with bad air like Poirot is. Wishing a good afternoon for all of you. Kat, I have the same kind of weather forecast as you. Enjoy the rest of your day.

OC, thanks for the laugh. I have my big meal at lunch time too.

Oh, my, OC, you gave us a hearty laugh for sure. Images in our heads abound. Weird night for me. to bed 10:30, wake up 12:30. Fall back asleep, awake 3:30.........long time before falling back asleep, but that only lasted maybe 1/2 hr, 5:25, awake again, 5:45, gave up, and made coffee, had a cup, shower, etc. etc. caregiver here 7:45....have done a bit of bookwork, got a phone call about a problem I need to take care of, not sure if I will be able to do so.
My mail program has such small font size, I tried to make it larger, no lunch. Only worked for my outgoing. Sigghhh.
Hope those bulls either make a peace treaty, or have their duels in their own private area.
Kat, smart of you to get out shopping early when it is cooler. Maybe your mower will also take advantage of cooler a.m.

After 1:30, I thought I would put the bird water pan back out since I thought the mower wasn't coming today.
I heard a mower somewhere outside and my mower was doing the house behind me. His helper didn't
come again. He has two more homes by me when he's done with my yard. I don't know if he has to stop
anywhere else today.

It's 94 and weather channel says it feels like 103. He's a fireman and does mowing on his off days. Maybe
he's used to high temperatures.

Am glad you got mowed at last.......poor guy, hope he keeps himself hydrated.

Back