8/13/2023 - Donuts and More of the Same

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good afternoon. Weather continues the same here. I'm back from church and about to eat some leftovers. Nothing definite planned for the day. A couple of projects I need to start. Hope everyone is okay and having a pleasant day.

Robin, thanks for the Sky King video from yesterday. I only watched a little, since my internet is barely working. I don't believe I ever watched that show before.

Also back from church, still raining off and on, still looking glum out there so don't know what/when to expect whatever. It is humid, tho it dropped some.....so.....????? (it is 70°, 62% humidity. No idea what it means, as can change a lot as the fronts rolls in......and out. LOL
Got some deskwork to attend to, but a bit later as gonna take a gander at the Sunday paper. You know, tho I live in Wisconsin, there are NO Wisc. newspapers for sale up here. Mostly I get a Duluth paper, as I see only other choices are Wall St. Journal, or New York Times!!! Weird. Not the Milwaukee Journal, or one from Madison, heck even Eau Claire, which is only about 100 miles. I believe the problem is delivery/drivers, etc.

Thunderstorms again during the early morning. I woke up and fell back to sleep. I heard water
running. The ditch only has one area with standing water behind my house now.

It was in the 70s when I walked this morning. It's sunny now and in the 90s. More rain later.

I started putting things in the empty dresser this morning. I'll put my shoes in the other
drawer later. I'm taking things off the dresser next. The workers will have to move things
around to take carpet out. There's no place to take stuff.

OC, I hope you get help soon with your internet.

Poirot, enjoy the paper.

I hope everyone has a refreshing afternoon.

Afternoon..... we were on flood alert.... with a blue sky and puffy white clouds most of yesterday.... they called off the flood alert at 3:38am.... and they had to send 2 emails, and a phone call to tell me they were cancelling the flood alert.... cool.....right????

Called my stepmother yesterday we chatted for about an hour.... she's lonely strangely enough no one has picked up the visit her and take her shopping every other week job.... they are busy... working, adult grandkids.... you know.... life..... not to mention they are actually related to her.... oh well.... I made her day by telling her I'd like to visit her in December on my way to Santa Monica..... Hunny Bunny has a cardiologist appointment the week before Christmas so we need to be in Phoenix... maybe it will have cooled down by then....

kat I hope the workers are able to get the carpet out... you really didn't need this on top of everything else.....

Peaceful Sunday all...

I will take some of y’all’s rain!! Another excessive heat day here. At least it makes for quick line drying of clothes

Did not rain, and around 4:15 the sun came out. Robin, that is just too sad that family members are not bothering to check on their mom/aunt/etc. Guess they MAY think if they do, they will end up being the one who takes her weekly to shop. Am sure she misses you. Perhaps they could take turns?? Glad you called her, bless your heart.

One thing I do miss Kris, is being able to hang clothes outside. When I lived in Illinois, hung ropes on our back porch (3rd floor apt.) , and after I was married, and we bought a house, had the line in the back yard. However, when we moved up here, discovered right away that the flies, gnats, spiders, ticks etc., end up getting in the sheets and clothes, thus into the house.......and only took a time or two and that was the end of outdoor drying. Had to inspect everything very very carefully before taking down, folding and bringing inside.
Truly, tho, nothing like the smell of sheets hung to dry outside.
Kat, sorry you have to wait so long before getting that carpet out. Am sure you are keeping windows open to help with the smell. Everything gets so moldy so quickly in hot weather. You did get that leak fixed, right?
It is really hard when you live alone & something happens. Heck, I had so many ceiling lights that went out, and I cannot do ladders tho I have a big one. Closets, utility room. finally called the manager and asked if he could suggest who I could call to change all the bulbs. he came himself and did it, would take any money (shoved it in his pocket anyway). Then my son was here & came over to replace the 4 kitchen lights which were out. I was using lights over dining table (kitche adjoins dining with no wall between) plus living room light to see in kitchen. LOL. Yep, one makes do. My daughter was here in June and notes a bulb out in garage, so replaced it. I did not even realize there were TWO bulbs in garage. LOL

Poirot, that takes me back to when my sister was disabled the last few years she was here. Nearly every time I went over to her house she asked me to change a lightbulb. Younger people have no idea what it's like to be old and living alone. Robin's stepmother's family is an example. But nursing homes are full of people who get no visitors. It is so sad and just an awful thing.

Kris, if only extra rain could be piped down to those of us who need it.

Kat, hang in there. Here's hoping all this is going to be only a memory for you soon! The surviving cat in Hawaii is a bright spot in a dreadful situation there.

Well they replaced the breaker. They had to do it in the evening due ti extreme heat. I will go back home tomorrow.
I was staying at Miss Joy's house. She has enjoyed having Boomer and I.

Back