8/13/22 Donuts and Saturday sun

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's sunny and in the mid 90s today. Rain in forecast Tuesday.

I walked before 6 this morning with a flashlight. I wanted to get to Walmart before the rush since the
college kids are coming back to town.

My neighbor cut her grass today. She went on the other side of the ditch and cut down grass there.
She stopped at the property line. I'll wait until Monday to use my trimmer and cut down what's mine.
I'm glad she did that. Less work for me. When her husband mows, he never does that.

I'll be inside the rest of day reading and studying.

I hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Hi, Kat, and any others. Good for your neighbor lady, cutting grass next to the ditch! Chances are the husband has never even noticed what you've been doing. I didn't know you live in a college town. My granddaughter is going back to college today. I'm so glad she and her mom came to see me a week or so ago. They'll both be crazy busy now that school is starting.

It's been a slow morning for me. I woke up with a headache/migraine. Took 2 different kinds of pills and dozed before lunch. It has gotten better, though not completely gone, since I ate. My work truck has been at my niece's house all summer. My "loppers" are in it. She came over this morning with them and cut a vine out from between my a/c unit and the side of the house. It was attaching itself to the a/c unit and to the house and to the dryer vent coming out of the house. I don't know what kind of plant it is but it grows all over my yard--runs flat on the ground but if there is a structure nearby, it will run up that. It's on the back of my cinderblock shop and other places.

Looks like we may start getting a break in the weather late next week. Just low 90s* but that sounds pretty good after all these triple digits! Also brings chances of rain, maybe.

Good deal on the neighbor cutting grass I hate it when neighbors aren't neighborly when it comes to things like that. In Sacramento my property is 3 feet higher than the neighbor to the North. When the new neighbors moved it they removed the retaining wall because it was "Ugly" Now they now want my son to keep the fence standing up. I had to have a talk with them and informed them since they removed the retaining wall they had to replace it. We weren't paying for it. They claim to understand. Not sure when or if the work will ever be completed.

OC sorry to hear you've had a migraine. I hope it gets better as the day progresses.

I've been busy this morning with postal duties and shopping for more moth killer stuff loving this moth stuff.

Storm clouds are building to the north and east of us again. Hoping we can avoid a big storm like yesterday and just get rain.

Happy Weekend to all....

Hope everyone had a great Saturday.

NY was in the 70s, sunny and breezy. The cooler air was like being reborn, seriously. One forgets how delightful it is to have a cool breeze vs the horrendous heat/humidity we all have been experiencing.

Getting late, so will bid all adieu, sleep well, all!

1660438195182.png

Definitely a very cool day today, no sun, cloudy all day. It rained during the night and early this a.m. Around 10 p.m. last night big clap of thunder. It might have rained some then. Was supposed to be sunny today, but......nope. Grey skies all day.
They finished painting the exterior of this place today, and started on the other condo (attached. This is a double unit bldg.) The couple next to me have sold their unit, and decided to move full time to their winter AZ home. They will be leaving in Sept. I think they said the 27th. LOL, that is the date I move in here 4 years ago.
Sure been chilly here all day It's been goin in the 50s every night now, I turned off the ceiling fans (2) yesterday, thank goodness, probably would have been even colder in here. LOL
Hope that migraine has alleviated O.C.

Back