8/16/2021 - Donuts & Blue Skies

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,
After a 3 1/2 day weekend, I'm back at work with the reflection of blue skies on my cubicle windows. We spent the weekend mostly doing a whole lot of nothing, which was wonderful. Although Saturday we did have a great time at Girl Scout night at our local baseball team's game. They got clobbered 13-2, but it was fun and the fireworks show at the end was fantastic. We even managed to escape the parking lot in about 10 minutes rather than the normal 30 to 45 minutes, so that was amazing.
There's not much on our agenda today as we get start making the mental move from summer to back to school. I found the deal of the year on a pair of sneakers for gym class at Walmart for Gena. For once it pays off that she wears the same size shoes I do, I can try them on and if they fit me, I know they'll fit her, so I don't even need her along. They are cool or pretty, but sneakers for $7 is a winner in my book, especially since she usually never even wears them. The bonus is if she makes they make it home in the spring, and she still hates them, I got myself a new pair of shoes.

Happy Monday!

It's sunny today and the high in the 80s. I might have pop up shower this afternoon.

This morning, I had my yearly eye exam. I had to see an optometrists instead of the person I had appt with.
All the ophthalmologists are doing surgeries. The man I saw today was nicer than the one I saw last year.
The woman I used to see retired. I was told it's in my record they have to watch a wrinkle in my eye. What
ever that is. I went to Big Lots after my exam. I'll be in the rest of the day.

manda, hopefully Gena's feet won't get bigger than yours. My Walmart had a lot of baby/toddler shoes
in the clearance aisle on Sat.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Last edited:
The shoes sound like a win-win, Manda. Glad you had a restful weekend.

I'm trying to get some business stuff done. Frankly, I'd rather go out in the heat and chase cows! I need to send a package by FedEX. I think it's too big for the drop boxes, and drop-off places of business are scarce out in this area. The Dollar General in one town has it, I think, but when I try to call I get an answering machine telling me to leave a message. What?? When I called the Dollar General in another, smaller town, and asked her if they had FedEx pickup, she gave a very weak, hesitating, "yes." I told her that didn't sound very encouraging and I laughed. At least I got her to laugh. Finally, she said they do have it. They don't come at any particular time and sometimes not everyday. I'm thinking of calling for FedEx to come to my house to pick up the package. I've never done anything like this before.

Kat, I know all about wrinkles around the eyes but I never heard of one in the eye. Hope it will never cause you a problem.

Hi all. I have Covid. Started coughing yesterday - I thought it was reflux, then I got a temp last nite. This morning temp was 103.5. Took Covid test this morning and I have it. I have no idea where I got it. I've been staying home mostly - just going to work and church. and when I went to the grocery store, I wore my mask. I feel like I have been run over by a Mack truck. But fortunately thats the only symptoms. Hopefully the vaccine minimizes my symptoms

Kat - I'm glad your eye doctor was nicer this time than last time, I've never heard of an eye wrinkle, maybe RS can tell us more about it later.

OC - ugh, paper work is exhausting, I hope it all goes quickly for you today.

Dachsie - oh dear, please take care of yourself. Your story sounds like my sister's when she got it, no idea where she was exposed and it hit her hard, ending up in the hospital for a week in May 2020.

I'm not sure what eye doctor meant by a wrinkle. Maybe it's something small they need keep an eye on.
Three or four years ago I had an odd test where you look at spinning things. I asked the eye tech about
that since I haven't had it awhile. She told the woman doctor I had wanted it done because of
something in my right eye. I guess it went away or maybe that's the wrinkle.

dachsie, sorry to hear you have Covid. I hope having been vaccinated it won't last too long or be severe.

OC, good luck getting your package sent off.

Last edited:
Good afternoon..... a stupid lightening strike ignited the forest really close to our cabin and somehow not in the #dixiefire area of interest. So it's not been a good night or morning as we struggle to find out just where the fire is located.
My older sister texted this morning wanting to know if I noticed her face yesterday? She has spots today, I told her she had spots yesterday and I even asked her if she had problems with sun screen? She of course doesn't remember me asking her. She has made an emergency appointment with her dermatologist. I'm sure I'll hear all about it later today.
dachsie stay quiet, sleep and take care of yourself.
manda would you go get me some new shoes too???
kat I saw an eye doctor here in Phoenix twice then a string of replacement doctors..... all barely competent..... found out that the doctor I saw first retired..... the replacements are purchasing the clinic..... I'll not be going back......
OC good luck with FedEX.....

Off to search the maps for fire damage.....

Oh Robin, I hope your cabin and sister will be okay. As for the shoes, if I can find a pair in your size, I'll send them your way, although I'll need to know what size you wear. I will preface that with I got the only white and gray pair, but they also had 3 pairs of navy, and some black ones too.
:)

My pop up rain has arrived. I won't have to water tomorrow.

Manda - great deal on the shoes! My two oldest and I all wear the same size so it works for me to try them on too. I’ll have to check our store for clearance

dachs so sorry you have Covid, I hope you are feeling better soon and don’t get too sick.

My girls started back to school today, I have a senior, a freshman and a sixth grader. Siege is also doing concurrent classes at the local college so She spent half of her day on the college campus.

That is quite a heavy load for a high school senior. Bless her and wishing her huge success!
Thank you. She only needed Senior English to graduate but they won’t let you only take one class so they offered the concurrent college option which is free. She’s taking freshman comp 1 and 2, college speech through the college and pre-calc/trig at the high school. Then she has an art class and she’s working in the office.

Back