8/20/2021 - Donuts & Boo Boos

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,
I'm not sure how I managed to do it but I managed to cut the palm of my hand while digging through the Girl Scout Stuff in the trunk of my car looking for, of all things, my first aid kit. I never did find the first aid kit, but thankfully my co-leader had one in her car. It's rather hard to have a meeting about First Aid without a First Aid kit. I have no idea where mine went as I used to have 2 of them in the trunk. I know have a First Aid Kit in my Amazon shopping cart after looking about about 20 different ones and finding the first 19 to be inadequate. Now I'm just hoping my hand heals quickly as it hurts like a son of a gun, but I can't really bandage the palm of my hand.

Anyone have an fun plans for the weekend?

Happy Friday!

A cloudy morning here. I did my usual walk early with a flashlight. After breakfast, I
went outside doing chores. I picked up petals under the rose of Sharon bush. Since it
got trimmed, I have more flowers this year to pick up. I need to take a picture of it.

I trimmed behind my house where the mower doesn't go. It started to sprinkle so I put
everything away. I went out again and worked in the flowerbed. I was out over two hours.
Lunch is made for Sunday school lunch. I need to shower before I go. I'll rest this
afternoon.

No plans for the weekend for me except maybe doing outside work if it's not raining. I will
vacuum part of the weekend.

manda, I hope your hand heals quickly. Hopefully, you won't need stitches. Isn't that how life
goes? I have a tiny first aid kit in my car. I hope the meeting went well after that.

I hope everyone will have a outstanding day.

Oh, dear, Mandy, I feel for you. However you CAN bandage your hand, but you have to use a roll bandage, I know it winds under the thumb, across the palm around the wrist. Just google "bandage hand wound", tons of videos, instructions, etc. I have cut a finger opening an envelope, we don't realize the sharp edges some items have, for sure.
They did say rain today, but sure doesn't look it. Sunshine, blue skies, Gonna be 86. Yesterday, I stretched before getting out of bed, nasty hurting charley horse in leg calf. I rubbed it, seemed to ease up, hurts a lot today, tho did not yesterday all day.
Dashed out to the store this a.m. Boy, boxes being ripped open, shelves being stocked everywhere there. I still need a couple things, but that is a WalMart tri p, maybe this afternoon. I was too tired after I got home, to run out again, tho hubby would love if I did. The things at WalMart are for him. Ha.
No idea where MY first aid kit for my car is at all. I have a lot of things here in the house. I did have a band aid in my car, which came in handy once when I cut my finger on a gas pump handle. No idea how, it think it got pinched. But, ended in E.R. much later that day, as it would not stop bleeding (I take blood thinner). I try being so careful, but ...accidents happen.

Hi all - I was doing pretty well but am having trouble with my oxygen levels dropping when I move around. And of course still coughing. My fever did break but I still get a low grade one each day

Looks like I may miss Days today due to Biden presser. Maybe it won't last the whole hour.

Manda - sorry you cut your hand. I bet that hurts a lot. If you get some Cobain you can wrap a bandage on it

Kat - your flowerbeds must look amazing

Poirot - glad you have some good weather - I would love to see 86 here

Have a good weekend all.

Poirot - sounds like you and I both are beating up on our hands.
Kat - enjoy your lunch
Dachsie - glad you are on the mend, even if it's slow going.

Thankfully my cut isn't deep, just really sore and on my lower palm so I keep bumping it.

Manda — hope the cut heals soon. That’s my kind of luck too.

Dachs I hope you continue to get better. Take care.

Kat - glad you got some work done.

No weekend plans here other than grocery shopping. I also need to pick up the stuff for Calleigh’s birthday cake since her birthday is this week.

Good morning.... first test results are in and they were negative.... alas my brother in law came back positive.... he is fully vaccinated but has Chrone's disease so is somewhat compromised.... still waiting for my sister's and her mother in laws results. I've scheduled my second test and if it is clear I can again leave the house. Yippee.....
It appears our monsoon has left for the week or so..... we will build slowly back up to 110+ by next weekend. But not as muggy so that is good. I guess.

No plans for the weekend as I can't leave the house......maybe I'll watch a movie.... that could be fun..... LOL

Good afternoon. Kris, I hope the birthday plans for Calleigh work out just the way you and she want them. Or is it a surprise?

Manda, ouch, that sounds painful. I'm a big believer that bandaids or bandages make a wound feel better so if you can figure out a way, that would seem good.

Dachsie, I'm so sorry you're having such discomfort even after being vaccinated. I hope you have complete recovery soon. You should have better immunity, now that you've had the virus.

Robin, I'm glad your test came back negative. When do you get the 2nd test? I hope the brother in law doesn't get too sick. Your two choices of weather don't sound good at all. Muggy or 110*.

Poirot, Charlie Horses are nasty indeed. They get me out of bed with some frequency.

Kat, I wish I had your energy and stamina. I hope you enjoyed your lunch. Was it in the open garage with a breeze?

I'm in the middle of exchanging two chairs--between the living room and the sun room. Have to go through two doors in the process. The big recliner is the hardest. My poor back was screaming bloody murder so I had to sit down with a pillow behind it for a while. Also washing my sheets and other things. Woke up at 4:00, couldn't go back to sleep. After breakfast I did sleep for another hour. Took a walk outside but it was too hot already and I went down the hill a ways so it was hard getting back up the hill.

So, hubby had a dr. appt. this afternoon, and while sitting talking with the dr. he lost consciousness. They called ambulance and currently he is in ER. I was called by hospital, told them I know he is stubborn & would want to be released, but whatever care they feel is needed, to do that. He had come to by himself, before the ambulance took him, and was just insistent on not wanting to go to the hospital. They would not tell the caregiver anything, so he got upset. Our friend John was here, so, after I talked to my daughter, said he would go over to the ER and see what was going on. (yes, I was asked by hosp. if that was o.k. )
Needless to say, rather hectic here. Just hung up on my youngest......son...so let him know all as well.

Back