8/23/2021 - Donuts & Clouds

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,
It rained at some point overnight, but stopped before I got up and now we just have lingering clouds. It's currently 71*, but supposed to climb to mid 80's once the clouds move out. Gena is home alone this week, I think Friday she'll be spending the day at her best friend's house, but I need to confirm that with the friend's mom. So far she's doing okay on her own this morning, she made herself some clam chowder for breakfast.

Have a wonderful day! Those of you under the weather, I hope you're feeling better.

Good Morning all..... another day of quarantine.... but only a couple more to go and if the test taken on the last day comes back clear then I'm good to go..... till the next time..... and there will be a next time, I'm sure...... at least now I can see the light at the end of this boring tunnel. Outside the tunnel it will be 108 by the time I get freed...... so I'll most likely stay inside anyway....

When does school start for Gena? I hope it isn't as choppy as the local school districts here have been. But then our not beloved Governor doesn't believe that Masks work, oh you can wear one if you like but don't make it a mandate to wear one, and kids are resilient so they don't need one.... idiot....

it is Monday..... and an entire week awaits.....

I'm having another heat advisory day. It might happen tomorrow too.
I did some outside chores and was inside before 10:00.

manda, I hope Gena will do some of her chores while she's at home. Were you able to find
her a cello for school?

dachsie, I hope you're feeling better.

robin, I hope you find something to do inside today.

Poirot, hopefully, the caregiver will be there all week.

I hope everyone has a pleasant afternoon and evening.

Robin - Gena starts school on Sept 1st, currently masking is recommended but optional. The schoolboard meets again tonight as things have changes since that decision was made 2 months ago. - I'm glad your still feeling well, here's to hoping your 2nd test is also negative.

Kat - the group that I submitted an application for assistance in getting Gena her own cello is still working to find one. I'm hoping she can use one of the schools again. I think the schools wanted them back in the spring for maintenance and to get an inventory count as many kids had the same cello for 2 years running. She's planning to get some chores done this week, she prefers to do them when I'm not home as she feels less scrutinized if I'm not there watching. Not that I watch when I'm home, I usually reading a book, but she feels like I'm watching for her to make mistakes. :rolleyes:

Robin — our governor is in the same camp - in fact he banned mask mandates, then a judge overturned that and now the attorney general is trying to appeal the judges overturn. It’s a freaking mess.

Kat - be careful. We have a heat advisory for today as well. I’m so over the 110 heat indexes. Can’t wait for cooler temps.
Manda - my girls school has a mandatory mask rule but it’s only until September 28th where they will decide at that point if they will continue or not. My kids will wear theirs regardless.

Kris - I'll probably have my daughter wear a mask no matter what the school board decides, once she's old enough for the vaccine (in 6 months) she'll be getting the vaccine too. I just bought her 6 new masks for the fall, since the ear loops on her older ones are getting pretty stretched out. I let her pick them out, so she's happy, so was I as the supermarket had them on sale for only 59 cents each.

That’s a good deal on masks! My girls each have 5 masks, one for each day, and we wash them all on weekends.

Calleigh isn’t old enough yet for the vaccine either.

Hello. It's hot here. I'm staying inside but I did go out to the mailbox this morning and then went for a little drive around the county road. I needed to get out of the house for a little bit. I haven't been anywhere since last Tuesday.

I've had a Ruby Throated Hummingbird the past few days. That tells me "the times, they are 'a changin'." I only ever see that kind of hummingbird when they are migrating. During the summer I only have the black-throated ones.

I think the weather is going to change very suddenly this year, it's still very hot now, but I've been seeing a lot more Canadian geese than normal the past week or so and I've already seen a couple of trees that have completely changed to fall colors. That usually happens in late September and early October.

Back