8/2821 - Donuts and a Fix in Progress

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. Fix-it had to come back today and I sure hope what he's doing is going to fix my problem. As I feared, there was a leak under the floor tile in my bathroom. He's having to bust up some of the 12"x12" tiles. I need to go check and see how bad it is underneath them. I'm trying to stay out of his way but I'm curious.

This morning we had the palm trees trimmed and a pool leak fixed. Or so I can see the results, due to our pleasant weather 110+ today they started as soon as the sun was up. I was not up, slept through the whole chainsaw tree thing and workers outside my bedroom window. Apparently I CAN sleep through anything.
Now I'm up and will be out getting a hair cut and a birthday gift for a friends child and mail my weekly letters to family. I started in May of 2020 sending a weekly what's happening in my life, thought and such to my kids each Saturday I send out a letter. I also send each grandchild a post card and come friends who were home bound and are again due to Delta and such so they get post cards.

OC I hope the tiles will be easily replaced.
Kris, I need to do the fun thing of mopping the kitchen floor...... I'd rather clean toilets than mopping the kitchen floor.... could be I have help with the kitchen..... enjoy your fun stuff......

Good Saturday to all....

Today is partly cloudy and the high only in the 80s.

Yesterday, I checked on the polk salad that I found last year behind my neighbor's fence.
A lot of it was old and plants grew taller than the fence. I found some young plants and I'm
cooking it this afternoon. It will be my last bunch of the year. There might be enough
for two meals.

While it's been cooking, I'm cleaning out my china cabinet. I'll finish that job on Sunday.
The doors I ordered in May will be installed on Tuesday. The back door pushes out and
I'm having the new door open in. The china cabinet has to be moved. I hope it will be
easy. It's been in the same spot since 2007.

OC, I hope the leak was easy to fix and he can reuse the tiles.

kris, enjoy your "fun" afternoon.

robin, I'll clean your kitchen floor if you'll come clean my toilet.

I hope everyone has a joyful afternoon.

I'm having a surprise shower. It's been cloudy all day. It's was getting darker. I kept checking
the weather map. I heard wind outside then I noticed the rain. I won't have to water for a
few days.

Been darkish cloudy all day, we were under a tornado warning, too, it rained slightly, (tho forecast was for thunderstorms, etc.) maybe .001 inch.....stopped, then rained again for a while. not much. but at least the gardens got watered. LOL. Did some laundry, now have to go fold towels. Hope O.C. got whatever was causing the leak under the bathroom floor fixed.
I just checked & my very short haircut was over a month ago, has not grown much at all.....I know from my bangs, which usually I have to trim every few weeks. Well, it all got cut shorter than I wanted so....maybe that is why it seems to not be growing much now. My friend who has hers very very short, says she goes every 3 weeks....to have hers trimmed. Guess I should go do something now about dinner, since I did not really eat lunch. Woke up this a.m. at 1 a.m. and at 5 a.m. was still awake! Finally dozed off around 5:30, but awake at 6 Grrrr. Will be draggin and fallin asleep tooooo early and then tomorrow will be repeat of today.

Kat, you've got a lot going on, with your china cabinet, doors, and the last-bunch-of-the-season poke salad. I hope it all turns out great for you! It's nice you're getting a break from watering.

Oh gosh, Poirot, that dreadful sleeplessness just goes on and on. So exhausting....

Robin, I thought only men could sleep through all kinds of commotion. You must have been really tired! Hope your haircut pleases you. I think it's really nice that you send out notes and cards, etc. to your family and friends. It's an almost forgotten custom, so especially good that the grandkids will have the experience.

Kris, strangely enough, laundry is the one chore I don't mind doing. But it makes a difference when you have several people contributing dirty clothes.

Fix-it took up the tile in half the bathroom floor. Problem was a leaky seal under the commode. He was able to save all but about two of the tiles, and there were some extras left over from when he redid the bathroom in 2015. He scraped and cleaned up the gunk from the plywood floor and the bottom of the tiles. I'm so thankful the floor had not rotted. But it is wet and needs to dry out by tomorrow because he's leaving town the first of the week, for a while. I've got two small fans and two small hot-air heaters going in there.

Good afternoon everyone. Thought I had checked in yesterday, but I hadn't clicked to post it.

Took Cindy to a few farmers' markets and then a grocery store yesterday morning. (Her son has her car in southeastern Ohio while his is in the shop.) Was so worn out that I slept most of the day. Then was up and down all last night.

Did laundry this morning, but not much of anything else. I had to end up using the supplemental oxygen since my saturation level dropped too low. The current temp here is 92° with 97% humidity.

OC, good luck with that floor mess.

Kris, just love the pic of Siege having her senior picture taken.

OC Yes, I probably wouldn’t mind laundry so much if there was less but 3 active tween and teen girls make for a lot of laundry- especially when one has ball practice daily. And 5 sets of bedding

RS - I hope you get a break from the temps and don’t have to use the oxygen so much. Thank you, she’s so excited. Said it feels real now

Back