8/6/21 - Donuts and working outside

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Partly cloudy this morning. High will be in the upper 80s today. Next week, it's suppose
to be in the 90s.

After breakfast, I spent over an hour in the front flowerbed. It was nice with the clouds
and breeze. I trimmed and weeded. I still have a lot to do. I'll be leaving soon for Sunday
school lunch.

I hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Good Morning,
What a morning, we started with fasting blood work at the doctor and yes that was for both Gena and I. Stopped at Burger King to get breakfast, drop her off at club, just get to my desk at work to log in and my phone rings, Gena got sick at club and needed to be picked up. Now she's home resting and I'm back in the office, only ended up being 15 minutes late as I had originally arrived 15 minutes early. I'm hoping the rest of the day goes better.

Kat - it sounds like you had a very productive morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

good morning from hot and sunny Arizona...... as opposed to where I'm supposed to be clear blue skies, mountain air cabin..... still can't find out if the cabin survived the night or not.... we got to my son's Wednesday night and met Theodore aka Theo their new puppy. He is 13 weeks old. Sadly he tried to bully Vinnie so our night was difficult in managing the dogs both assumed the house was theirs.....
Theo 1.jpg
He is a cutie pie took a while to warm up to us. He is going to go to puppy school in a week or two then later he will go back for finishing school.

so much to do.... looking at it I've decided I need to nap first......

Manda hope Gena feels better.... soon....

Hello. Too late to say good morning. Manda, poor Gena. Tummy issues are always rough but starting out with them so early in life is sad. I hope over time she'll figure out ways to avoid them.

Kat, it's so nice to have pleasant weather this time of year, even if only for a limited time in the mornings. Maybe by now you are enjoying your Sunday School lunch.

I had a nice time outside this morning too. I went down to the well and turned on my newly-repaired water pump. When the trough gets full I need to figure out a way to clean some of the gunk out of it. Usually, I do that when it's all dried out. Dried gunk is way less offensive than wet gunk! But it still had a few inches of water in it, I guess because of all the rain we had earlier. I wrestled with some old barbed wire the cowboy had strung up around the trough. I wasn't exactly pleased about it when he did it a couple of years ago so now that it was broken and down into the water, it was even more of a hazard. I admit to mental grumbling as I was undoing and removing it.

On a positive note, the pump is working and I'm pretty excited that one of my hunters showed up with a chainsaw and set about clearing all the tree limbs that are hanging over the driveway, about half a mile of it. They were getting bad last year and went really wild with all the rain this year. This hunter, along with his son and his dad, will be coming with their big camper the first of September. They always have to mow the campsites and some pasture roads but this is the first time they've needed to clear the driveway of tree limbs. I thought I had someone lined up to do the tree trimming a couple of months ago but he didn't last more than a day or two. I had told my son I'd try to have this done before they return with their rig in September but time is getting by and I hadn't been able to get it done. Having the hunter show up to do it was a very nice surprise! The limbs have even been scraping my car. Mesquite trees are full of heavy thorns.

Robin, it must be awful to not be able to know one way or the other about your cabin. Aww, Theo is indeed a cutie pie! But your night there with him and Vinnie sounds similar to what was going on with bulls at my place last week, only on a smaller scale. I hope you get a nap. Sounds like you probably do need one. Your vacation has been something of an ordeal

Gena is feeling better already, I think she just ate breakfast too fast, especially since she really chugged her milk, that usually does her poor tummy in. She took a shower once she got home and then took a nap. 2 hours later she's been sending me silly text messages and back to being her normal silly self. :)

Robin - I'm sorry your vacation didn't go as planned, and I'm hoping and praying that your cottage survives these terrible fires.

OC - glad to hear that your pump is fixed and working the way it should. I'm so glad the hunter was able to help with the tree branches, what a wonderful surprise for you.

A judge in my state blocked temporary the mask ban in my state. There are school districts
that are going to trial to let kids wear mask. The state legislation had a special session the
past two days, but nothing happened to get rid of the law. Until there is a trial, the temporary
measure by the judge will be in place.

robin, I can't believe the size of Theo's ears. He's going to be giant dog. I hope Theo does
better in school than Vinnie did.

manda, I'm glad Gena is feeling better.

OC, I'm glad the pump is fixed and the hunters came to help clean up the driveway.

Good evening all. Got a call this a.m. from my long time friend/neighbor for a lunch date, sounded great. Agreed, we went. It was so good to get out and chat with someone. After lunch, we stopped over at the SAlvation Army store, it sure has expanded, as I was looking for a chair for our last rental unit. Only a 1 bd.rm. but we keep it so family can stay when they come, and rent it out otherwise. Saw a couple possibilities. But I cannot carry anything.......so....
Well, my younger son called when I got home, he will be coming up here tomorrow for the memorial service for his very good friend who died suddenly last winter. He is so busy with work, not sure if he will stay overnight or not. He seems not inclined.
the big surprise when I got home from lunch, was hubby was home!!! He still needs care, & tho glad to see him, got frustrated by the requests, orders,etc. from him. I am not a nurse, I have been awake since 2:00 a.m. today, am tired, & just found it hard to deal. I truly hate whining to you all, just am so frustrated. Amazingly, one of his caregivers suddenly appeared at 5:30, was told emergency.......God Bless him.
It is difficult to go anywhere. Groceries, personal, car problems...even taking a shower, getting dressed, phone calls. People are in and out constantly. Therapists, nurse, caregivers, arranging for transport for his appts., He has phone appts, now, has to go back up to Duluth next week, ............Sorry, just having a pity party I guess.
You all take care, please.......enjoy your day, evening, I will survive......

Poirot, good news your hubby is home. I hope the caregivers will be coming everyday like they
used to. Is hubby feeling better after his surgery?

Actually, he is, Kat. However, he developed a whole body rash due to something or other, plus he has bandages on arms, and other private places, plus he worries that he will begin bleeding again from the entry areas. You would not believe all the different meds, salves, etc. that he now has to deal with. As you noted, so glad the caregivers will be here once again.

Poirot, for all practical purposes, you are living in a nursing home--in your own home! I'm glad your husband is feeling better but that doesn't make the situation any easier for you. My hope is that he'll get stronger--enough so that he may be able to reduce some of the medications and won't need as many attendants. I don't know whether that is a realistic expectation or not but it would be nice for both of you if it could go that way. I'm so glad you got to go out with your good friend. You need something like that once in a while as a reminder of what normal life is like. Thinking of you daily.

Back