9-10-16 - Donuts and Birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, robinsnest. I hope you have a wonderful day

happy-birthday-white-cake-burning-candles-animated-gif.gif

Happy birthday! Maybe this emoji cake will stay visible:

So I pretty much do not smoke anymore. I can go any days without smoking but sometimes it is so easy to go to a drive thru and get loose cigarettes when I am with someone. I am really glad because I have gone on and off smoking for years.Last time I quit was like 2010, I did not want it to become a serious thing again.

I just have to stay away from smokers.

It's cloudy and cooler today. Rain during the night. I hope we get more.

I just saw 'Diagnostic Murder' episode where Dick Van Dyke played this cousins.
It's been a long time since I've seen it.

JS, I hope you have fun at the festival.

red, enjoy your days off. I hope the weather is nice.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day. I went out grocery shopping this morning at three different places, one being Walmart. At Walmart, I ordered two pictures and it cost me a total of 27 cents. I was going to get one enlarged but decided I would go for 4 x 6 photos. I wanted to get these two pictures developed for months but now I am happy because I can finally frame them! I also went to a grocery store that sells extremely fresh produce and premade sandwiches and soups from the food at their store. I bought soup there for the first time and I loved it (Tomato Basil)! I still have soup left over for lunch later.

The weather has been a mix of cloud/rain/sun. Right now it's cloudy and the temperature is 82 F but feels a lot warmer then that. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow, more September like temperatures.

Happy Birthday RobinsNest!! I hope that you are having a wonderful day!!

I am still fighting my infection, it just never seems to end. :sick:

I hope that all of you have a Super Saturday! Much happiness to each and everyone of you!

I finally got a video of a hummingbird. I've been trying for a couple of weeks.
This morning, there was one on the rose of Sharon. By the time, I got the Kindle
out it was gone. It came back this afternoon and I was ready.

You need to put video on full screen since I couldn't get too close. There's a new video
of my front flower bed. The lantana grew a lot since July

Here's link again to my YouTube page if you haven't subscribed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xyK8q3e9rFDADCnWXmxBA

Happy birthday, robinsnest!

We got the same round of storms OC did. Had a bit of wind before the storms, so I had to gather up a few things that had gotten scattered overnight. Just had a slow day with the girls and they're watching a movie right now. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Kat, your hummingbird had a feast, with only one butterfly that I saw to compete. I'm glad you mentioned that was a Rose of Sharon bush. I've always wondered what a Rose of Sharon would look like. Your other flowers are so beautiful too. I liked seeing kitty. You have a lovely place to live. I can see how hard you work at it too.

Rocky, I kept hearing the wind last night, but only a metal lawn chair was turned over this morning. My daughter in Dallas had a large tree blown down in their yard. Thankfully, it missed the house!

J.S., I'm so glad you didn't get rain. The country style restaurant sounds inviting.

Happy birthday, Robinsnest. I hope you had a great day.

I had a slow start today with not too much going on. I was not really feeling good and went back to bed for a few hours this morning. After I got up, I felt better and was able to straighten up the living room and do a few household chores. Have a great rest of the weekend everybody.

OC, the bumble bees loved the Rose of Sharon this year. The butterflies usually
went to the butterfly bush or the flowerbed.

kt, I never heard of "Althea" before. I just did a Google search and it's called both.

When I hear Rose of Sharon, it makes me think first of the Bible, then of the book, Tobacco Road. Quite a contrast there but Rose of Sharon is mentioned in both.

Kat, I'm not too fond of bumble bees on bushes. When I had an Abelia bush next to my front door, I had trouble going in and out. I sure miss that bush otherwise though.

Back