9-18-18 - Donuts and Creepy Fog

Uh, oh, something must be wrong with my browser/computer, as I get audio, but the pic/video goes all white. Audio plays, tho. Weird.

Got my truck fixed. Yea!! He fixed the passenger side door lock so now the door will open. What a relief to not have to climb over anymore, when my niece is driving and I'm the passenger. My brakes checked out good so no work had to be done on them. Now I want to get an older truck over there to get it fixed. It hasn't been used in several years. I'm thinking the rodents may have chewed some wires/hoses. My son got it running a couple of years ago but it was real rough, he thinks maybe a vacuum hose is off but he doesn't get out here enough to work on it. My oldest grandson drove it a few times, learned to drive stick shift on it. Now battery is very dead. If my niece and I can get it started, we'll take it to the mechanic and try to get it running reliably. It would be useful for feeding this winter. Could leave the cube cart hooked up to it and that would save us from having to hitch and unhitch it all the time, when we have to feed hay from the other truck.

I'm so tired, didn't sleep much last night, had the headache day today. Hope to get more sleep tonight. Hoping all of you sleep well too. I may have nightmares about Squirrel's awful fog.

Robin - Do you ever have to close your pool or can you use it all year long?

The pool is not heated.... so it is rapidly cooling down...... it was 98 a couple of weeks ago....it is now 86 so still very swimable.... but by October it will be too cold to swim in and becomes a "cement pond" and energy drain..... once while living here we had 4 days of hard freeze in a row so we kept the pump running 24/7 for those days.... we don't normally do that...

So no we don't close the pool but we also can't use it all year long....

Hello everyone. So sorry I couldn't finish posting yesterday. My schedule was just as busy at home as at work!

DaysLady:
962640502d2223c279ac8d9f094a07ee.png

Your video tribute was beautiful and brought a sweet tear to my eyes. Wishing you many more years of growing closer and sharing more memories as your love continues to grow.

OC: congrats! on your truck being repaired!

Shan: sorry you are missing summer already. Robin & I can only dream of lows at the level of your current high temps.

Time for morning report!

Back