9/18/21 - Donuts and raking

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's that time of year again. Rake, rake, rake.

I went out after my Saturday errands and raked since it's going to be in the high 80s this
afternoon. I put bug spray on, but I guess I missed some spots since the bugs got me.

Poirot, I hope things will go well this weekend.

rs, I hope you get plenty of rest after your busy work week.

I hope everyone has a splendid day.

The west coast doesn't seem like an ideal place to be right now. I hope the earthquake and winds are both settled down and stay that way.

It's mostly sunny here, a few puffy white clouds against the clear blue sky. This is my favorite scenery, as the mountains are to many others. But it is 94* so it's a good time for staying inside.

Kat, I hope you are enjoying your day.

I haven't done much today. Woke up around 4:00, never could get back to sleep so I got up at 6:30, then at 8:00, before I'd even had breakfast, I lay down on a cot and slept until 9:30. My daughter called around 11:00 and we talked until after 1:00. Except for eating and going outside for about 5 minutes, that's pretty much been my day.

I spent half of my morning waiting at the urgent care clinic. Siege is sick - symptoms started late afternoon yesterday with just a massive headache. By 8 she had a temp of 105. It’s been fluctuating between 103 and 105 today. She also has a sore throat. So we’ve had a strep test, which was negative but they are also doing a culture. We’ve had a flu test - also negative. And we are waiting on results of a Covid test, but that takes 2-3 days so she’s quarantined from school until we have results. She’s also quarantined downstairs so hopefully if it is Covid her sisters don’t get it.

She’s my immune compromised kiddo and she’s always been susceptible to flu and other illnesses so I knew when they made us return to school in person it was only a matter of time but I’ll also say I’m praying the throat culture grows out and it’s just strep.

finally ot a good night's sleep...even tho woke st 4:30, somehow after 5:30, fell back asleep o 7:30. Hospice nurse came today, managed to give hubby a bed bath, change his wound bandage, even sheets on the bed. She is coming tomorrow a..m. so I can go to church.

Poirot, good news you fell back to sleep. I'm glad a hospice nurse is coming to help you
this weekend.

Kris, I hope Siege doesn't have Covid.

OC, I hope your afternoon went well.

Back