9/27/21 - Donuts and Bagels

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. We have cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese for breakfast. Help yourself.

Talked to my brother last night. He said gas prices in the California desert have risen to around $4.89 a gallon. He also didn't realize that Sam's Club was limiting cleaning supplies and paper products so he decided to go there and make a stop at CostCo after we hung up.

Leaving for school in a few minutes.

Prayers continue for Poirot and her husband.

Hopefully Seige and robinsnest are feeling better, too.

Last edited:
Another pretty fall day. It will be close to 90 today. Late yesterday, I turned the
A/C on.

I'm going out soon to do yardwork. The flowerbed needs a drink too. The daisies
keep opening, but slowly.

rs, I hope your school day is a good one.

Poirot, I hope you get news today about your husband.

Kris, when will Seige be going back to school?

I hope everyone has a happy day.

Last edited:
Good morning..... we had a gentle rain for about 12 hours yesterday it was lovely...... we will be back to the mid 90's by mid week so will enjoy the chance of rain today..... cloudy skies.... cooler weather.......

back to work day for me.... alas, I can't work the next two weeks.... so I will have to give this job up....... it will be fine.......

Can't speak for Seige, but I'm better...... woke up Friday with just the sore arm as of this morning the only side effect is the itching.... something that for some reason I'll have for the next couple of weeks.....

prayers for Poirot.....

Good Afternoon,

I started by new role as a trainer today, which for today mostly entails sitting in a bunch of meetings to get familiarized with my new job. My new boss, took the team out for lunch, which was fun and made for nice bonding for the 7 of us.

RS - wow, those gas prices are crazy, I'm glad ours aren't that bad. I hope everything goes well at school today.
Kat - 90* does not say fall day to me, but I guess it would for your area, our high temp today is 73*
Robin - so happy you got some nice gentle rain, I'm sure your trees were very happy
OC - I hope all of your errands go smoothly.

Thinking of you all, have a terrific Monday!

Manda, I'm glad your first day of training got you off to a good start. The lunch treat was especially nice.

We got all our errands done and it was a long, hot, dusty day but good to get these things done. The weather change is in the process of taking place. The sky had that look and feel to it and the wind got up somewhat (turned from sw to ne), blowing dust around. The turkey buzzards that hang out on top of my old, now useless, tv antenna, were swooping and soaring this morning, giving the whole atmosphere an even greater creep factor. When we got back from town I detected the smell of something dead. No idea what or where but I'm sure the vultures were aware of it earlier today.

My only question now is, how do I stay awake until bedtime?

Siege goes back to school tomorrow, she’s feeling a lot better.

My husband ended up catching it though. Thankfully once the little girls passed 5 days with no symptoms - they went to my Mother in laws so they’ve stayed healthy, but they’ll be staying this week there too

Kris, I'm glad Siege can go back to school. Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he doesn't feel
too bad.

manda, I'm glad the first day at your job went well and you went out to lunch to get acquainted with
your team members.

robin, I'm happy you got some rain.

OC, I'm glad you got your errands done. I hope the smell leaves soon.

Last edited:
Back