9/28/2018 - Donuts & let's say a bit Brisk!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning, it is light out and I believe past sunrise, tho I see no sign of it. Ha. Yesterday it arrived around 3:30 p.m. and set about 4. Ha. Next week should be full color, folks love coming to see the final big burst of color, as then the leaves quickly drop. Tis weird how here in town, not much color at all, but boy, get out on the road to where I used to live, and there it is......both sides of the road, off into the woods.......Too bad my phone doesn't take pics, well....it does, but no idea how to put them anywhere. :)
Tis Friday.........the weekend is upon us.........enjoy!

Morning all. Another cloudy morning in the 50s. Nothing much planned
today except go to the bank.

Do we know yet what time the vote will be today? I was wondering if we would
have same problem as yesterday when Days was on.

I hope everyone has a good day.

morning all..... well at least I got to bed on time and slept well..... today I have hours of work to do before I leave for work then apparently I'm the one who will drive Hunny Bunny to rehab..... so I'll have to leave work, put him into the car then get him out and into the rehab place.... then return to work for the rest of the day... sure why not..... I still have to vacuum the carpeting, mop the floor( and we all know that is my most favorite thing in the world to do)... my new job insurance won't pay for the surgery I'm having Tuesday as I haven't met their deductible..... so I'm out of pocket for $1500 and then 20% after that...... fyi $1500 is about what I take home a month I make a tiny bit more but contract mandated 23% of my pretax salary is put into a retirement fund..... which would be great if I were young and needing a good start to my retirement fund..... but sucks when I really need it now as my retirement fun isn't being funded because I can barely make ends meet... had to purchase a new charger for my computer and I somehow managed to break the original one......
I can see after re-reading this that one night's sleep wasn't enough... I'm still cranky.... sorry folks......

I'll try to get back on later today.... with an attitude adjustment...... :)

Robin...you're entitled......Rant away! Go ahead, it helps! I really do not understand why you have to take HB to rehab........they already know you cannot manage him on your own. (Rehab here is connected to the hospital, so wheel chairs work fine)

robin, too bad there isn't a van that can take Hunny Bunny to rehab. Will he
be staying at rehab until he can manage things on his own? I'm sorry your
insurance isn't going to cover your procedure next week.

Noel, I hope you'll be able to have some time away from the job during lunch.

Update. my squeeze test came out ok. I called eye place to change appt, but
I was too late.

Last edited:
Robin - you have been put through the ringer on this one. You have a right to be a little cranky. Hang in there - it's got to get better.

Noel - Hopefully your day has slowed down some. God Bless you for what you do.

Kat - so glad your squeeze test came out good!

Sunny here and suppose to get up to at least 70! I will take it. We have everything winterized and ready for winter now. It's sad but at least were done.

Hope everyone has a good day

So, was so gloomy, then it rained, then the sun came out, has not improved the temperature, tho. Tis just 50, sun goes away, returns, cannot make up it's mind.....it's breezy......nah, windy is the word, lolol, so feels cooler.
Am debating about walking to the mailbox.........(2 blocks). Actually, I have to go to Post Office, to mail something, might as well drive there first. (that is 2 miles and 3 busy, 4 lane highways to cross)

Robin, your day sounded pretty overwhelming. I hope you got everything done. I'm not too surprised that you had to transport H.B. to rehab. When my husband had hip replacements, an ambulance took him from the hospital to the rehab hospital, which was from one side of Fort Worth to the other side. It's been about ten years but I seem to remember that I had to pay for the transport. Some years later, when he had neck surgery and had all the complications upon coming out from under the surgery, he had to go from the hospital to a nursing home for a month, then from there to a rehab hospital. The nursing home was two hours from the hospital where he'd had the surgery. Then the rehab hospital was an hour from the nursing home. I had to transport him upon both those releases, while he was too disabled mentally and physically to be of much help. What I don't understand is how you could have been expected to get H.B. in and out of the car. There should have been aides on hand to do this for you at both ends--leaving one place and arriving at another! I hope you get some rest tonight.

Back