9/28/22 - Donuts & frost is on the pumpkins

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mornin' .....sunny here, but a shivering 27 !! A bit ago there was white everywhere and fog galore, but the sun prevailed. Out back, where this guy who manages the place lives, he has a huge garden area, and is is all covered over with bedsheets, pink blue, beige, white. LOL (you know, cover your plants, gonna be a big frost ). Glad to see the sun, have errands today, but needless to say, will be waiting for it to warm up a bit more. LOL

Wow, Poirot, such a drop in temps! You will warm up running around with your errands, I am sure.

58 degrees in NY today, very sunny, can't complain.

Wishing all a wonderful day!

1664373017617.png

It was in the 40s when I walked. I'm going out a little later each day. It's better for me to walk
early before I do chores or go out.

It's sunny and going to be in the 80s today. I'm staying in since I have the sniffles. I'm going
to catch up on my studies.

Poirot, you're getting cool weather fast. Time to get the gloves and stocking hats out.

Wilde Woman, enjoy your weather.

Please keep Florida in your thoughts and prayers. They're having a lot of tornadoes and rain.
The hurricane is still off the coast. I've been watching some of it on Twitter. Scary stuff.

Good Morning..... Monday night into Tuesday morning we set an overnight "Low" record.... we got to 85 the highest overnight low ever recorded on Sept 26=27..... it wasn't quite that warm Tuesday into Wednesday but it wasn't anything like what you dealt with Poirot or even WW or kat..... so hoping for the 70's as lows.... maybe soon.... we will remain in the low triples through the rest of the week and the weekend per the weather guessers......

Stay safe if in Florida, Georgia and the Virginia's ..... looks like Ian will cross Florida and then slam back into the states.....

Hello everyone,

Hope y'all are staying safe from the storm and keeping warm!

We're still in the mid-80sF to 90sF range in the daytime, but with low 70sF at night for some "respite." LOL. Been snorkeling and swimming a lot now that the sea is calm and crystal clear.

I am in good spirits today as I got the reporter job I mentioned a few days ago! Super excited about that! I believe my first day is on Sunday. It's freelance for now, but they hinted at the fact that they want to promote me not long from now if I do well in this capacity. Feeling so motivated.

Hope y'all have a nice day!

Good evening. Another long day, and hot, here (But was cool for a while this morning). My niece and I went to the city to Lowe's, as I was thinking of buying a refrigerator there, after I got online and learned they could deliver it tomorrow. They don't deliver this far out until they have other orders coming to the same area. It turned out they didn't have what I wanted and when I explained my refrigerator's symptoms to the sales guy he convinced me to wait and let the repair guy look at it before buying a new one. (Repair guy comes from a completely different town--no connection to him or to Lowe's). He thinks there's a good chance it can be fixed. So I decided to buy one of the mini-refrigerators for under $200 to put in my kitchen to keep the most-used things, while I wait another week for the repairman to come. If he can't fix it, it will be even longer, while I have to mess around and order one and get it delivered, etc. I can't even count how many times a day I'm going out to the guest house to get some little thing, then take it back again. I especially don't like having to go out there after dark. The landscape is rough and uneven and I don't want to fall.

Well it looks like everyone had a gooo day today and/or yesterday. The weather was in the 60's here and very nice out.
Very sunny but the sun is so bright that I do my 2 mile walk after dinner. Unfortunately, It is getting dark early now and not enough time to do the 2 miles+. I did 1 1/2 this afternoon and one after dinner. So here I am wishing for clouds I the afternoon, lol.

Back