9/29/21 - Donuts & a smile from Texas

I know we have Texans here....& my daughter lives there as well.......

Hubby is in hospital, which is trying to find a nursing home with an available bed. He got some strong med for the pain, and has gotten extremely confused.
Got to pay some bills, then out to lunch with friends. Sun is out, was 48, but up to 75 today they say. Only a day or two of nice like this is left, as we will then be "cooling down".......LOL Leg is still hurting....ugh.
Enjoy, smile. have a good day........

Poirot when my dad had his hip surgery..... afterwards he thought he was 1. in Bakersfield, California and 2. Teaching Sailors how to pilot planes and 3. It was 1940??? Once the meds wore off his normal self returned. Bakersfield is in Central California, not near any naval base and he didn't know how to fly a plane, it was a weird drug induced world he was in.

The only good thing about our weather which yesterday was 6 degrees below "normal" it was 92° yesterday is that our nighttime lows have FINALLY dropped into the 70's.....

The bonsai club took a hit last night. The well liked wife of a former president passed away from COVID related illness. She will be missed......

Off to work.... only one more morning.....

Have a wacky Wednesday....

Good morning everyone. A crisp morning here, and saw more leaves already changed while at school in the northern part of my county.

robinsnest, I wouldn't have thought anything about having navy pilots in Bakersfield since there is a marine base in the middle of the California desert not far from my brother... 29 Palms also know as the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. To me, marine bases should be near water.

Poirot - Hopefully your husband will cooperate with the move. If not, maybe they'll have him sedated enough that he won't even know.

I woke up too early this morning. I tried to get back to sleep, but I kept thinking if there would be rain
today. Nope, no rain in forecast until Friday now. It will be in the low 80s today. Maybe I won't
have turn on the A/C today.

I went outside after breakfast to do several things while I can before the fall rain starts (if it ever does?)
I was outside too long. My hair is wet from sweating. I'll be doing studies this afternoon.

Poirot, I hope you can find a nursing home for him. When they moved my mom out of the hospital she
had no idea where she was going. For some reason, we told her she was going to Arizona. I don't know
why now. The men who took her in the ambulance played along. I don't know if she was sedated or not.

robin, sorry to hear about your former bonsai club president.

Kris, I hope your husband is doing well.

rs, enjoy your cool day.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good Morning,
Beautiful cool morning, supposed to get to 76*F today. We have choir practice and confirmation tonight, so we'll be stopping somewhere for dinner, no idea where yet. My step-dad is home now after having surgery for prostate cancer on Monday, my mom says he's doing well, all things considered. We'll see them tomorrow for dinner.

Poirot - I'm glad you'll be able to get out and have lunch with friends today, you deserve a break from all the hectic stress you have right now.
Robin - how sad about the lady from your bonsai club, so much tragedy from this virus.
RS - we have lots of trees partially or completely turned here already, makes me very nervous about this winter.
Kat - enjoy your study time, I'd probably have the air conditioning on for 80*. I'd never survive in the south.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning, all.
Poirot, so sorry to hear of all the difficulties with your husband. What a trying time this is for you. Glad you're able to get out with friends. That is so important!!
I've had a week of focus on health issues. It started with what I thought was a reaction to rice -- a food I know I am supposed to avoid. But I'm really wondering if all the craziness of the past week could really be attributed to that. Yesterday I saw my doctor and she did a blood draw for some tests. I should learn the results tomorrow. My temperature at the time of the doctor visit was 95.3 -- very close to hypothermia. Gads! Faulty furnace! I've decided to drink only hot fluids!

Lil0, sorry to hear your health is acting oddly. I hope your doctor can help you.

manda, I hope and Gena find a nice place to eat this evening. I using my screen door
a lot to let cool air in.

Poirot, I hope you had a nice lunch.

Good evening. Another busy day here. A surveyor working with a pipeline company in my pasture and at the river behind my house showed up on his "mule" (recreation vehicle but also used for work situations in rough conditions). He stopped and we had a little visit out in front of my house. He's a very nice guy. Lives 3 hrs. away.

I'd had nearly 3" of rain yesterday/overnight but a lot of it soaked up because of how dry it was, and my niece got only half that much, so she wanted to get her car back home where she could park it under a shed, in case of more hail. Also, she'd gotten a call that the tractor's mower rods we'd taken to a machine shop on Monday were ready so we went to get them, after I drove my truck to her house and got her. It seemed it would be dry enough for her to make it back to her house in her car by the time we got back from town so I guess she made it. The sun was out all morning, it got to 93*, was humid, smothery. By the time we got home the clouds were building. Glad we got everything done, since rain is in the forecast for the next couple of days.

Poirot, I hope you had a good visit and lunch with your friend. I'm sorry about your husband's confusion. I hope they find a good place where he can get the care he needs.

Lil0, low temperature is not something we're used to hearing. I hope your medical team can figure out the problem and will have help to offer in getting it straightened out.

Manda, I wish your step-dad an uncomplicated recovery. Hope you have a good dinner. You could always let Gena pick.

Kat, it sounds like we weren't the only ones with hot, humid weather today. Wet hair is no fun. I hope you've had a good, restful afternoon for your studies.

Squirrel, a crisp fall morning always sounds pleasant. Yesterday I saw some trees with ugly brown leaves and I wondered why people in this part of the country would ever think fall is pretty. I was remembering Pennsylvania and the fall beauty there.

Robin, it's sad to hear about your former president's wife. As for fall temperatures, it's all about perspective. Highs of 92* and lows of 70s* seem pretty good after a summer in the desert.

Poirot, your thing about Texas and the seasons is about right. Right now it's hard to decide what to wear when I go out in the mornings. Thank goodness for air conditioners in cars. They get used with some frequency even during the winter, at times.

OC - Gena always picks, it's easier than listening to her complain. We ended up at Wendy's, I had the grilled chicken sandwich.

Kat - so sad about Tommy Kirk, I had the biggest crush on him after I watched the Swiss Family Robinson for the first time.

Back