9/3/20 - Donuts and Blueberry Pancakes

M

Muzzaman

Mornig all. It's a cool morning at just 7*C (44.6*F) but to get up to 23*C (73.4*F).

Poirot, what a nice story about your kids and your mother. Thank you for sharing that. My aunt experienced something similar. When, her grandmother, my great grandmother, passed away, my aunt recalls waking up at some point in the night and seeing her standing at the edge of her bed and then finding out the next morning that she had passed.

Robinsnest, wow, that certainly is a long wait time to get the results back. How are you and HB feeling this morning? I can only imagine how frustrated you both must feel at this delay. Fingers crossed for positive results........wait........positive in the way that it will be a positive outcome for you both with negative results.

Manda, how are you feeling today? Blood sugars A okay?

RS, so sorry to hear of your eyes. I hope the left eye doesn't get worse and doctors can correct it.

Kat, sounds like you're getting your steps in.

OC, we are in need of some rain too.

Today is my "Friday" and with tomorrow expected to reach 27*C (80.6*F), I'm thinking I may get out to the mountains to do one or two hikes, Pocaterra Ridge or Centennial Ridge, both with spectacular panoramic views all while walking along a ridge.

Well, my nephew chatted with us last night and asked if we would talk about if it'd be alright for him to stay until November. We were pretty much expecting this so we talked about it and given he no longer is paying rent for his place up in Edmonton, we're going to agree to the end of November and with $550 /month for rent. He was paying $750 for a room in Edmonton so we figure that's fair as he has his space, we've paid for groceries, ensure he always has a meal to come home to and not charged him anything to live here. Everything will stay the same and overall he has been easy to have live here but I after November we would like to have our space back.

Our long weekend is looking pretty quiet and may do a day trip on Sunday. Have a good day and weekend everyone.

Another cloudy day. Since I've been stuck inside for a few days I went
outside to rake. That wasn't a good idea.

I didn't realize with the clouds the humidity was high. Then I pulled on
a branch and fell down on my bottom. Then I forgot to put bug spray
on so I'm covered with bites.

Today is Sunday school lunch, but I'm not going. Hopefully, enough
will show up for it. My Sunday school teacher wants at least two
others besides herself. Last week, it was only going to be me and her
so no lunch. I'm not sure why others aren't going like they used to.

Muzzaman, enjoy your weekend. I'm glad your nephew talked to you
about staying. What are his plans when he moves out?

manda, I hope the visit went well last night.

I hope everyone has a safe day :)

Good morning, weird day today. Very, very windy, about 60, it is cloudy, then the sun comes out, blue skies, last 10 minutes, clouds up again. Really windy. It did rain a bit during the night, chance of it this afternoon, but who knows??? Tons of things to do.......hope everyone is well....Kat, sorry you got bitten up. Hope O.C. 's eye is better, and that squirrelly can see again. Those eye drops are something else.

Muzza, you & Mike have been so good to the nephew, is he planning on new apt for himself? Or maybe taking a new job? Or did he take one, which is why he needed temporary housing? Nosy, aren't I. LOLOL

Mandy, we all hope all went well with Gena's visit yesterday....know you will be popping in later to fill us in. Hoping your court dates come soon, & you can have some peace of mind.

He has had a couple of interviews locally and in Edmonton. One company is not in a hurry and he doesn't think he was successful in the other. He will be applying on a few other positions and feel for him cause everybody is looking for a job when companies have scaled back to skeleton staff during COVID but his current job is likely to be extended to November so we'll talk to him tonight and tell him we are happy to have him until November at which time he will need to decide to get his own place, find a roommate, etc. He may even get a permanent job before then so as long as he's good to keep things the way they are, meaning continued no guests whoever that may be on weekends, we're good too.

Kat, are your bites ants?

Good morning. Poirot, thanks, my eye continues to improve. Your erratic weather just keeps on, doesn't it? I know it won't be long until you have really cold spells.

Kat, I can almost feel your pain. I hope that branch didn't hit you as you fell. Then to have high humidity and bug bites on top of that, ugh! I still have a couple of places itching a little bit from the ant stings of nearly a week ago. But bugs don't leave everybody itching like they do me. A couple of days ago my niece picked up a tarp that had blown onto the ground. She was carrying it under her arm, when fire ants flooded out of it, giving her lots of stings. But she said she doesn't get the bumps and itching from them..... I wonder if people are getting out more to do other things now could be a reason for not showing up for the meals.

Muzz, it seems you have dealt fairly with the nephew all around. I'm always shocked when I hear what people pay for rent these days, partly because I haven't been in that position in over 40 years, and partly because I live in a rural area where costs are less for some things.... It's nice you are already doing your Friday. Hope you have a pleasant weekend!

I sat outside about an hour ago and the sky was so beautiful, clear blue, not a hint of a cloud anywhere. Now I see some big white puffy cloudy appearing but all of our rain is gone. The wind is calm, temperatures mild, very nice. But we will be back up to 97* by Labor Day, then after that, a stronger cold front comes with possibility of more rain.

Hi everyone!

Muzza, 73 degrees sounds like a dream to me. We're under a heat advisory today. It's currently 90 degrees but feels like 104. $550 seems like a very fair price for a room with all the utilities, groceries, and home cooked meals.

OC, I live out in the country too but I'm not quite as rural as you are so our prices I think are a little nutty. According to my city the 1 acre of land my house is on is worth $60,000. Just the land. Crazy enough if it was in the northern part of my city it would probably be $80,000-$90,000.

kat, I hope you are relaxing after all that this morning.

Poirot, sounds like fall is already starting where you live. I'm jealous.

Back to work. Gotta enter all these violations from my inspections today. People need to cut their grass and put up their trashcans :angry:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Morning..... another day in desert paradise..... 108 today and back to the wonderful delightful can't wait for them 110+ for Saturday, Sunday and perhaps Monday.... if we don't hit the 110+ we will be 105+...

HB has some other ongoing issues with his Kidneys and he doesn't drink enough fluids...... we go through this every few months.... stop nagging me to drink water, if we had a parrot he'd be speaking that line.......and needs to have his whatever you call the 10 year annual colonoscopy and for that he needs to have a COVID test. Since he was getting one I figured I'd get one too. Of course he has a doctor's order so I was able to schedule his. I didn't qualify for a test, so I lied and said that I too had a doctor's order to get one...... if either of us come back positive, that will be a shock......

Muzz good to have a plan that way everyone knows what is going on. And the rent is really low..... I may be looking to move LOL

Happy Thursday..... from Paradise..... If you're an oven cleaner.....

Good Afternoon

It's a beautiful, breezy, cool day here. Gena had a fairly good visit with her dad, he arrived late, which according to her is normal. It was his job to provide dinner, so they had pizza from Little Caesar's as he's not good at planning ahead. He had to have his niece pick it up for him (she was borrowing his car). My blood sugar levels are doing much better with the lower dosing of my one medication, so that'a huge improvement over the last few days, I'm staying in a nice healthy range today.

Tonight we have Girl Scouts. My co-leader and one of the girls will be leading tonight, to it should be relaxing for me. We'll be working on the Outdoor Art Badge.

Muzz - sounds like you and Mike are being more than fair with your nephew. He needs a hand up, not a forever hand out. When your nephew moves out will you be accepting new renters? That's about what I pay for rent with only water included.
:rotfl:
Poirot - court is scheduled for Sept 15th & 16th at least for his criminal stuff. I still don't have a date for the divorce.

Kat - oh dear, sounds like you had a rough morning. Aloe Vera helps with bug bites.

OC - we had a beautiful pink sunrise today. I love pretty blue skies.

Red - some days your job sounds miserable.

Robin - I've taken so long to post you snuck in. I sure hope your tests are negative and that HB is feeling better soon.

Thursday is the day I get a new video for the Bible lesson I'm doing. The
videos are an hour long so I pause a lot. I've spent my time after being
outside watching it. I'm enjoying the study.

Muzzaman, mosquitoes bit me.

OC, I let go of the branch before I fell.

red, sorry to hear you're having to do inspections in the heat.

robin, I hope your tests are negative.

manda, I'm glad Gena's visit went as well as it could be. I hope Girl
Scouts goes well this evening.

COVID is still going up in my state. The ones getting it now are 18 to 24 year old
by the colleges. Surprise, surprise. The police in the big town are going out
to make sure students are wearing masks when together in groups outside.
Why didn't they do this before now? Also, the college in the big town by me
is putting sick students in a separate dorm. I wonder how full it is?

Hi all. I hope it's ok to jump in here. I have mostly been a lurker but will post every once in a while. I started paying more attention here when Covid hit. I think so you have probably seen a few posts from me. I work at a hospital clinic and can usually come home for lunch and watch Days.

@katmouse we are having Covid numbers go up as well due to the 18-24 year olds. 95% of the new cases are that age group - we had 100 new ones yesterday and 103 today. I live in a college town in Texas.

We are finally getting a little rain today so the temps have been down a bit which has been nice - we've been in the upper 90s with heat index over 100 for a while now. I have 3 dachshunds and one is squirrel crazy and even the squirrels haven't been coming out.

I just wanted to say hi. :)

Glad you jumped in, we all have done so at one time or another. There's a few other Texans here......but we seem to be from all over --north, south, east, west, plus everything else in the middle. LOLOL

Did not rain here, but sure was a lot of cloudy/then sunny/ then cloudy, rinse and repeat constantly.

Hi Dachsie. You gotta know I welcome another Texan on here. :) Now I think I have a clue to the name you use. You are a dachshund lover! Working at a hospital clinic makes you especially appreciated during this time of Covid. I hope you stay well.

I hear that some colleges are keeping their infected students on campus and I think that's better than sending them home to expose parents, grandparents, or compromised people.

Good evening everyone. Sorry for coming in so late, but my phone's keyboard is being weird here. This is the first I could type without it adding extra letters. Now it is closing after each letter. Restarted my phone. Didn't help. Will try tablet.

Now trying from my Kindle Fire, and not having those problems. Very strange.

Thank you to Just Samantha or Poirot for fixing my post from yesterday. I hate to think what a mess it probably was.
My left eye cleared up today, but the right is still blurry. It usually takes 3 days to clear up. At least the ultra sound gel was easier to clean off this time.

Muzza, you and Mike have been very generous to your nephew. It seems like he must be following your house rules pretty well now or you wouldn't be willing to extended his stay.

Welcome to Donuts, dachsie!

Amanda, I'm thankful that Gena's visit was a note better than usuak. At least she had something edible for dinner.

It is way past my bed time so will check in tomorrow. Hopefully my phone cooperates.

Back