9/5/16 - Donuts & Thunderboomers

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning....yep, jim dandy storm during the wee hrs. this a.m. Thunder shook the house, lightning, pouring rain. It was still raining lightly at 6:30, but seems to have stopped, the sun appears to be trying hard to clear the skies, has not done so yet......but there is MORE in the forecast.

I am sure many will be on their way home from weekend outings, as boy, there were cars parked everywhere in town yesterday, when I left church. Main St. was filled, side streets, parking lots. There was no special event that I can remember, so just taking advantage of beautiful day, I guess.

Traffic is probably going to be slow going, so just drive safe, figure on extra time. Enjoy your day today....Hope you have good weather.

Oh Poirot, not more rain! I don't know how you keep from turning to slush. I am happy we are faced with several days of sunshine, and our rain hasn't been a drop in the bucket when compared with yours.

Not much to talk about from here. Wildlife is stirring a little more. While the hummers have become scarce, I'm starting to see a few other birds. I'm putting out a little bit of feed to let them know this could be a stopping place.

I guess a whole family of cottontails must have been born and raised here in our yard or nearby. I've been seeing 3-4 often throughout the summer, but two days ago I looked out and saw EIGHT of them playing around in the backyard!

My niece disturbed two rattlers while mowing the other day. I was thinking it was still too early and too hot to be seeing them but I guess I'd better not take anything for granted.

I should do something useful. Maybe will wash a load of laundry. That's the easiest thing I can think to do. Looks like a quiet and lazy day here. Hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer activities.

2121212121haplaborday.gif

Happy Labor Day my friends! We are driving home from the mountains after a glorious weekend of peace, quiet, and nature. My soul is filled with beautiful memories. On Saturday I took a leisure autumnal walk by the creek, read part of a book, nodded off to dreamland, and awoke an hour later reenergized. This is exactly what we needed this weekend!

Wishing each of you a wonderful day with family, friends, co-workers, however you celebrate our American freedoms to prosper. Thank goodness McDonald's has free wifi so I can post. I have missed all of you and look forward to chatting again tomorrow.

OC: keep your head down if vultures are still around! Enjoy your Labor Day with your hubby/family.

Good morning and a happy Labour Day to you all. It is the same holiday up here as well.

Poirot, we've had the same summer it sounds like. Nuttin but rain. Fingers crossed we won't get rain today as I'd like to get the lawn mowed.

OC - I love hummers. My grandparents had a ranch and I used to sit at the window forever just watching them come to the feeder and trying to watch where they'd go. I love hearing your rattler stories. While I've never come across one we have them in parts southern Alberta. Actually, around Drumheller where we like to camp and where the hoodoos are, they are there and is always in the back of my mind to be aware.

Noel, sounds like my kind of get away. Glad you had a nice time and are feeling great.

My parents spent the weekend with us, which was their 1st time with staying a weekend with us in the new house, so that was nice.

A week ago, we owned another part of the house prior to them arriving and made the basement cozy and another place we are enjoying spending time in. Next space to work on is one of the spare bedrooms which is still empty as we are waiting until we find the right futon for that room.

Took my parents for a drive in the T - Bird out to the foothills west of Calgary and last night caught up with a friend who owned a condo in the same building we just moved from and who is our neighbour in our new neck of the woods. She is a 5 minute walk from us.

Right now I'm out for breakfast, might clean the T - Bird, mow the lawn and watch a movie.

Enjoy your day, all

Summer weather is back with humidity. Since it's Monday, I cleaned house
and I also did laundry. Days isn't on so I'm going to a movie.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Monday.

Morning all. A lazy day here. My quick drop-in to visit my stepmom turned into a marathon stay. I timed it to arrive just before she was picked up to go to a birthday party, but alas her grandson driver was late and she didn't want me to leave.

Today I hope to go to a movie, and/or nap.

I was wondering if someone could explain our weather forecast.

lines.JPG

What are those line???? What could they mean? We get to play volleyball????? :rolleyes:

Drive safe those of you planning road trips home.

KAT - enjoy treating yourself to a movie. Which one did you see and would you recommend it?

JS - what a fun and busy day you had yesterday. What movies did you see?

ROBIN - since when did the weather people ever predict our weather correctly? Wish it meant snow!

Good afternoon everyone,

Cloudy today and low 80sF for forecast. Yesterday was a bit sunnier in Atlantic City and only about 77F or so, but a nice cool breeze too. The water was very rough and kind of dirty-looking--I put my feet in and it was cold, so that was the end of that. But it was fun going on the boardwalk and walking on the sand, hearing the sea.

I went to the Above & Beyond concert last night and it was amazing!! Had such a good time. I've been listening to them for just a tad longer than I've been on this message board, and this was my first time seeing them live. I can't wait to do it again.

Hope all of you have a nice Labor Day.

Back