9/5/2023 - Donuts and a Monday feeling Tuesday

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So it's Tuesday but feels like a Monday...... ack I hate that feeling.... no Toad misadventures on my part since yesterday..... they are still around and are still being hunted but the TOAD HUNTER.....
Yesterday Amazon delivered my new kitchen island.... per the directions it should take 2 people 70 minutes to put together.... it took 2 people 4 hours and almost blows followed by another person joining in so 3 people another 2 hours.... started at 2 and finished after 8.... it is beautiful and I'll get a picture of it and post later.... now I can stop double stacking the pantry....

I hope everyone has a great Fake Monday..... aka Tuesday....

Another hot and humid day, like many others on this board.. Up to 89 now. Not happy.

Robin - Yes, it sure does feel like a Monday. Work is insane. Your post inspires me to create a joke: "How many people does it take to put together a kitchen island? As many people as you can find!" I look forward to seeing a picture later.

rfsexton - The younger people really ARE better at assembling just about anything. Not to say that us "seasoned" folks can't (have had luck with some things, no luck with others), but it sure is nice when someone else knows what they are doing!

Wishing all a great Tuesday!

1693930723449.jpeg

Another warm day here. It's in the 90s, but feels over a 100 with humidity. Temps should
go down after the weekend.

I spent time outside this morning doing yard chores. I made several phone calls since I
couldn't call anyone yesterday.

robin, the kitchen island looks nice.

rf, I'm glad you had help with your project. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the
toilet seat replaced.

Wilde Woman, I'm sorry your weather isn't pleasant. Hopefully, it will start cooling off soon.

I hope everyone has a pleasant rest of the day.

88 here, humid, supposed to rain tonight, and then a cool off with rain tomorrow. ??
Made the dr. appt., went to Post Office to report the mailbox lock not taking the key. Also taped note to outside of mailbox, which did not faze the mail person apparently, as no phone call, no fixing the problem. Frustrating the key just only goes in part way. And of course, this is beginning of month, so not getting bank statements, bills etc. grrrrrr.
Stopped at store as out of bread, and tho it was not crowded, I swear everyone had carts overloaded. guess when family and friends gather for a holiday, the frig and pantry empty out pretty fast.
Take care all......

Funny thing has been happening here lately--heat index lower than actual temperature. That may sound good but being so dry with a stiff breeze is not a good thing. Right now actual temperature is 105*. Heat index is 104* Sun is blinding.

Poirot, how frustrating about the mail. I wonder if the condo manager would have a master key.

Kat, if you want to replace the whole toilet seat you might be able to do it yourself. I did, years ago. You just have to make sure the holes will line up and you get the size/shape you want. But I also cleaned out my kitchen under-sink trap years ago and now I'm hesitating on trying to do the one in the bathroom, so I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take on such projects.

Robin your island is lovely and worth the effort. I hope it serves you well, in spite of a few things not fitting in it.

Wilde Woman, temperatures are supposed to start easing down here by Sunday or Monday. I hope they will for you as well.

Sexton, teenagers can be a big help when they're of a mind to be.

I quit putting out bird seed a few days ago. The raccoons are still around but haven't been coming out much, since they knew there was no free lunch. Today I got rid of their green plastic turtle lid swimming pool, in hopes of further discouraging them. But I felt sorry for the birds so I put a little bit of seed on the scaffolding a couple of hours ago. A few birds got a few bites before the stinking raccoons came out and cleaned it up. I do have 3 water pans filled and the mister going and it has paid off. A beautiful Oriole was out there a little while ago, enjoying the water pan with the mist blowing on it. First time I'd seen an Oriole in decades. It was followed by a Cardinal, which is always lovely but they are one of the most common birds here at my place. They are around all four seasons, it seems. Then a Roadrunner came up and took his turn. A few others, less remarkable.

Heck, O.C. I called the condo manager first....he said it had happened to him, and to notify the post office, but better, the carrier. That is why I put the note on the box itself, and went to the post office. He said once he spoke to the carrier here, it got fixed right away. I looked out all morning for the mail person, just so I could go out and get my accumulated mail but never saw her before I had to leave for the dr. appt today. tomorrow will be 6 days of no mail.
Gosh it is so hot out. Saw a guy walk by wearing a SWEATSHIRT!!!!Egads

OC, I already tried taking off the old toilet seat. It's too hard for me to turn the plastic screws. I'm going to try again
tomorrow. I'm not sure if Vaseline would help or not. Probably just make everything sticky. I don't put seed
out in the summer. I'm keeping water out for them since it's so dry. I'm sure some critters come by at night.

Squirrel, from yesterday's comments about the turtle, I don't know one kind of turtle from another but you could be right about it being a desert tortoise. One thing I have noticed is that the turtles that live in and around the tanks have shells that are smaller in diameter but deeper, kinda like an igloo. Once in a while I see one going down the road, like the one yesterday, with larger but flatter shells.

Poirot, it sounds like you've done all you could do about the mail. Maybe you'll catch the carrier tomorrow. Sometimes they will give you their cell phone numbers so you can work with them on issues if needed, which is helpful out in rural areas. The ones in town might be less likely to do that.

Kat, I may have already suggested trying WD-40. Or if you had some way to soak it in vinegar. If there's any kind of water residue buildup, vinegar should remove it but you'd have to let it soak for a little while first or keep spraying it on or something. Plastic is tricky 'cause it breaks under pressure.

It is getting late, and I fell asleep over 2 hours ago while reading this thread. Guess I better just go to bed.

kat...there is also a plastic nut on the bottom end of the bolt holding on the toilet seat. You need to reach underneath and hold that while unscrewing the bolt. Otherwise it'll just turn with the bolt and the bolt won't come loose / out.

rs, I know about the bolt in back. I thought I was holding, but maybe I wasn't doing a good job.

Back