9/6/16 - Donuts & more of the same

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, a new day dawns.....well hope it actually dawns where you are, as no dawn here. Just the dark, overcast skies, thunder, lightning, and pouring rain. Yep, Another storm rolled in here around 5:30 a.m. and in just a little over an hour 1 1/4" of rain. We have a flood watch in effect, plus flash flood warnings out until TOMORROW MORNING. All of the northern counties, some areas are already beginning to flood.

So much for my planned trip into town, errands will have to wait.

The hummers have definitely begun their flights south, am only getting a couple of stragglers, and with all this rain, usually I get half dozen or more fighting over the feeder, and so far, NONE. LOL

Good morning!

Be safe with the flooding Poirot.

It's sunny here. Supposed to get up to 89.

Went to Busch Gardens yesterday. It was crowded but I've been there when it was worse. We got stuck on DarKastle and they had to come and let us off and then we had to walk back out. But we got 2 passes to cut in line. We used those on roller coasters. Didn't have to wait in line for Verbolten or Griffon.

Off to work for me. It's the first day of school so for the first part of the day the only kids I will have to listen to are the ones too little for school. After school time should be fun. NOT!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning to you all. Hope the sun is shining soon enough for everyone. But these cooler temperatures can stay.

The date the other night was fine/fun. Glad I got out of the house and did something different. The guy is cool but only friends, no future.

Talking to this other dude, also no future, but nothing wrong with having some guy friend who like me to go out with at times.

I have wrecked my knee four times now. The humongous scrape is never going to heal if I keep falling so I am going to do as little as possible until it gets some healing on.

Fried shrimp for dinner, the big ones. Maybe corn on the cob on the side and Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Something quick and easy.

Asked for a referral to the chiropractor (because the VA covers this now), got a referral to physical therapy instead, oh joy.

Good day to you all.

Good Morning,

Hot and humid here. Poirot's storm will roll through my area later today sometime.

We bought a new to us Craftsman lawnmower yesterday for the bargain price of $75 from a co-worker's daughter. It's only 3 years old and runs spectacularly. They only sold this one as they got a riding mower for their huge yard. The throttle was shot on our old mower, so this is a blessing. Our yard is looking scraggly as it hasn't been cut in 3 weeks.

Red - enjoy the "quiet day"

Poirot - hope you don't get too much flooding

YPG - yikes, take care of your knee girl.

Robin - hope you get some rain.

OC - Hubby will take care of the mowing. If I'm outside when he mows, I break out in hives almost instantly. The only thing that makes them go away is Benadryl, which almost instantly also puts me to sleep. So I hide in the house or go to the store while he mows the lawn.

Manda, I don't get hives (thank goodness) from the mowing but it gives me horrible hayfever, followed by migraines. I don't open my doors at all while anyone is mowing. My jaw drops when people say they love the smell of freshly mowed grass--or anything else. To me, it screams, "Misery!"

Even with no mowing going on, it seems fall pollen has been activated. My yard is surrounded by oceans of ragweeds and other kinds of weeds. A little while ago I took my ironing board out on the deck and ironed a few shirts. (The smell of ironing inside the house permeates everything and lingers for hours--you guessed it, causing me migraines). So there was a breeze and I started sneezing and gushing immediately. Although it is getting hot today, it just looked and felt like the beginning of fall. I will probably postpone my trip to the dump. I've never minded ironing but it has become too complicated. I am ready to get rid of the few things I have that need to be ironed.

Another summer day here. I used trimmer before I went to school. I'm sad the moles
or whatever have left the backyard and are going in the front. I don't know what to do.
I have pinwheels in the flowerbeds. I keep wondering if I should put pinwheels in the
yard. This is the 3rd year they have visited me.

A good morning at the school library. I have a project that will probably
take several
weeks to get done. I'm making sure the pictures of books are correct in the computer.
The kids can see the picture when books are checked out and don't understand why
they don't match. I fixed several book that didn't have picture in system and a
few that had the wrong picture.

Poirot, sorry to hear about the rain. Please send some my way. My flowers need
a drink.

OC, I hope you feel better this afternoon.

manda, great deal on the mower. I would use a riding mower if I could afford
one. I would have to get it covered to keep the sun off me.

YPG, I hope your knee feels better soon.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

That sounds like a fun and interesting project, Kat. I volunteered at a public library a couple of years ago in their history room, scanning photographs into a database system so that the files could be accessed remotely. I enjoy work like that, but right now my time is taken up caring for my mother, who came home from the skilled nursing facility a few weeks ago.

Hi everybody. I'm sorry that I haven't been around due to being in a blue funk.

OC and anyone else with a water well will understand this. I had to have the well drilling company out last week. Thank goodness they didn't have to open the well or put in a new pump. Instead it was a switch, gauge, and a new cold water tank.

Then my car threw a wheel bearing on the way back from Pittsburgh. It has not been a good week.

I can sympathize with everyone who is experiencing migraines and/or allergies. The weather, pollen, leaf mold and tree mold is getting bad here. The weather was very fall like for most of the weekend. The temps are going back to the low 90s with high humidity.

Hello everyone. It's been a slow day, just a run to Walmart. The overnight temperature dropped to 69* and felt like fall to me, but quickly warmed into the 90s today.

I had a crazy dream last night. It was a long dream, so I'll just hit the highlights, lol. I was living in a large subdivision, was walking down one of the roads and saw Galen Gering (Rafe) being mobbed by fans. I asked if he wanted help, he accepted and I planned to take him to my house, but got lost in the crowd. I did like it when he put his hands on my waist so he wouldn't lose me in the the crowd, lol. I told him Poirot lived next door to me and I didn't think she would mind if I woke her up at midnight to meet him, so he wanted to meet her. The dream was bouncing around from house to studio, but that was a pretty fun dream!

Take care friends!

Thanks for that laugh, Kt. I needed it.

Squirrel, what a relief, that there wasn't a serious problem with your pump! Thankfully, we no longer have to use well water for our house. Spent most of my life with those problems, and yes, it is a constant maintenance thing. Worst was that it was dependent on electricity so when the electricity went off, we had no water. But that was an improvement over the windmill, which was dependent on wind, but not too much wind, where it would have to be shut down to keep from tearing it up. We do still have a well and pump for our cows when they are in this pasture on the side of the road where our house is. The well is down near the river. I am in the process now of trying to get it running so that the cows can be moved over here. Someone came and looked at it last winter and said it needs a new pump. He was going to do it but never came back. :angry:

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day! Right now I am typing on my mother's computer so it's a bit tricky. Today has been an okay but really busy day. I went to work, came home and had dinner, which was sausages and potatoes. For dessert I had to have some apple strudel. Absolutely delicious. After dinner, I did some work around the house and right now I am relaxing and watching some television. I also am fighting an infection and have a bit of a migraine, so I am happy that I can go to bed if need be.

Is it really September or is it July?!?! Today it was sunny and really hot. Right now it is clear and 78 F and there is no sunshine and it's September. This is a high that is normally during the day in mid to late August.

I hope that everybody has a terrific Tuesday evening! Much happiness to each one of you.

Good evening all,

Poirot, wish you could send that rain out west--they really need to end that drought, and you need some sunshine!

Hot & muggy here today--definitely still summer. I just had one class this afternoon, and since it was the first one of the year, we didn't need the full 3 hours, so I got to come home early and read for a bit. Nothing much else going on---doing homework after I read that summary from today's episode.

Have a nice night, everyone.

Back