9/6/20 - Donuts and cool morning

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fog came in again after my early morning walk. I already planned to go outside
and work. It was nice to be outside.

I raked up grass in the yard. Now the sides are done. I still have to rake the front.
Then I planted the daisy I bought last Sat. I plan to go out after 5 and work in the
flower bed.

I hope everyone has a restful day.

Good Morning. Today is my son's birthday, my daughter-in-law's birthday and my son's best friend's birthday! Celebrate!

Benny my adopted kitty is doing well, but unfortunately 2 weeks after I took him in, my oldest kitty, Gracie went to kitty heaven to be with her friends and family above. She was about 16 or 17 years old.

Hope all is well in everyone's world. Stay safe and happy!

Good morning all,

Kat, I wish we could do more planting but I think bulbs for next might be the way to go. It is a cool morning here too.

Soapkitty, awww, sorry to hear of your cat. Always difficult to lose a member of our pet families.

Well, what crazy fall weather we are getting. Yesterday was a beautiful 31*C (87.8*F) however today the temperature has dropped and only to be a high of 13*C (55.4*F) and tomorrow is only supposed to reach a high of 10*C (50*F).........BUT......beginning Tuesday through to Sunday it will be full sun and temperatures in the mid 20's *C (77*F). We will be camping with my parents next weekend so glad the weather gets better.

Friday night we had a drink with a neighbour on the driveway, then she left and another neighbour came by and had a drink then we weren't in the house 2 minutes when our other neighbour was spotted lurking in the backyard with 3 beers in hand so back out to the driveway til midnight...............I had no trouble falling asleep after the cul de sac beerapalooza fest. Plus, I had already had a few Moscow Mules before the visits with everyone. Hahaha!!!!

We had an amazing day at home doing some yardwork, a cruise downtown in the tbird, and started to watch the new season of The Boys on Prime.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend everyone.

Good morning......a cool, windy, cloudy one here, despite the sun being out around 7:30 for a bit. Supposed to rain, so I had better get out to get the paper now. See you all later.

Poirot, I just read this article and it reminded me of the story from last year where that family was attacked in their tent by a wolf, which was determined that wolf was starving and desperate.

This is the link to last year's story about that family vacationing in Banff, where the father dragged out of his tent by a wolf.

Muzzaman, the plant I put in this morning is a perennial. It is late to plant, but it's
a plant that comes back each year.

Oh, gosh, I remember that, thank you for the fuller news story. Don't know why people think feeding wild animals is o.k. Out in the wild, that is not like the zoo.

Kat, I think I am going to try and plant some bulbs in that jungle garden patch. Be nice to see some color. Back at the lake, I had perennials next to the house. As someone mentioned, useless to try for any vegies as the animals manage to eat the stuff coming up. rabbits, deer, raccoons, etc. Bears will get any bird feeders, always.

Poirot, it's getting close in your area to plant bulbs. If you see critters in your area, make sure they
don't like certain bulbs. So far, nothing touches the irises.

Morning all..... feeling sooooo much better today..... well until the Beast started attacking my feet..... fortunately they were inside shoes.....
We had Sun at 6:15 this morning, I know because the Beast had to go potty and we went outside. Then we came inside and went back to sleep.
We set a new record again yesterday.... 115.... at least it wasn't El Centro, CA where it was a horrifying 121.....

September is a big birthday month for my family.... both my sisters, me, a niece and my Grandmother were the first few days of September and then a couple of cousins.

I've got dinner going in the crock pot..... have to start cleaning out the left overs from the fridge too..... but hard to create something out of brussels sprouts, rice-a-roni, chicken, cauliflower soup and chili......

For OC

Beast Sleeping.jpg

Weird sleeping position 15.

That Vinnie is a cutie pie and I think he knows it! Glad you're feeling better today, Robin. Can't believe you have sun at 6:15 but well, I guess you are an hour behind me in time zone so that would be about the same time as here, right? I get so confused with this sun thing.

Poirot, hope you got your paper. Good luck with the bulbs.

Muzz, that's just too horrifying, about the wolves! I'm glad we just have coyotes, no wolves, although they were once here, before my time. Enjoy camping with your parents.

Kat, you planted ONE daisy? I'm guessing it is much bigger than the ones that grow wild here. Daisies are my favorite kind of flowers. I like all the ones with daisy-like petals.

Soapkitty, I'm sorry for your loss of sweet Gracie. I hope Benny brings you comfort and joy.

poirot, I see all of you are talking bulb plants but not sure what time of the season you are looking for. Daffodils are poisonous to animals so they wont eat them. I have a lot of them. I am in the woods with the critters of Pennsylvania. Also the animals have not touched my snow drops and the come up in February even peeking through the snow signaling spring is soon here!

2015-7-25 Camp Out 4th 036 - Copy (3).jpg

Back