9/7/2021 - Donuts & Music

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,

It's stormy and rainy here, but it's a grand day, Gena was gifted her cello yesterday, and she's been walking on cloud 9 ever since. The organization we got it from was never able to find a used one, so they did some fundraising and bought her a brand new full size cello, bow, and travel case, the total value coming in just over $1000. The only thing they ask is that we agree to let them call and check up on her lessons and how the cello is doing, and that should Gena decide to stop playing we are to return it to them so they can pass it on to another child in need. My heart is so full and happy for my sweet girl right now. I can't wait to listen to her practicing again filling the apartment with music, even if it's just Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 5000 times.

Have a blessed day everyone!

This morning, it was cooler than usual so I wore long pants and had a jacket when I took my walk.
I left after 6 too. I read it's best to eat after you walk. I'll just have to see how things go once it's
fall and winter.

Don't you hate it when you find something, then you misplace something else. The past few weeks
I left the funnel I use for the hummingbird feeder on the counter. I put it away over the weekend (?)
This morning, I wanted to fill up the feeder and I couldn't find it. After 20 minutes, I gave up and
used something else. Not the best thing, but the hummingbirds are enjoying their snack.

After that, I went out for about 90 minutes working in the flowerbed. I dead headed flowers, took
out dead stuff and pulled out weeds. This week, I'm going to water the flowerbed just once a week.

manda, that's wonderful news. I hope Gena appreciates their efforts.

Wishing everyone a gorgeous day.

Good afternoon everyone. This was my first day back in the schools for this school year. There were quite a few criers, but those children just had their third birthday. That's too young to be in an elementary school with 6th graders barreling down the halls.

Amanda, my heart is filed with joy for Gena. I really wish I had stayed with the cello after I left for college. Unfortunately, we only had school loaners back then.

kat, you must have the most beautiful yard on your block.

Hi everyone - hanging in there with work. Actually managing pretty well. Today I get off a little early to take the dogs to the vet for vaccines.

Manda - so happy for Gena. That is so awesome!

Kat - just noticed you are a moderator now. Congrats!

RS - Thats kinda odd to have such a mix of kids like that. Poor little ones.

RS - year old's in the elementary school, that's crazy. Gena started school at 3, but it was a private school at a church. I can't even imagine.
Kat - congrats on being a moderator!!
Dachsie - I'm so glad your feeling better.

I just got word from Gena's principal that one of the students in her class has Covid. I haven't heard back as to whether or not the class has to quarantine, but I'm just sick to my stomach at the moment. This is seriously my worst nightmare, I need more details as to when the child was exposed and diagnosed, as we may have exposed the whole Girl Scout Troop to Covid, we have girls from 2 other schools in our troop, so in turn we potentially exposed 2 more 6th grade classes to this darn virus.
1631039026176.png

Oh no, Manda, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for all of you. I don't know whether any attempts are being made to trace the points of contact anymore, since the spread has become so pervasive. I hope you can get some answers.

Dachsie, I'm so glad you're doing better and are able to work. Thanks for pointing out that Kat is now a moderator. I hadn't seen that.

Kat, you are so attentive to details. You will make a good moderator.

Manda, what a breathtaking blessing for Gena and you!

I wore myself out again. Sure am glad I waited for my niece to go with me to move the cows. It turned out to get more involved than I had expected. One bull got over in the neighbor's pasture Don't know how to get him back. About a 50/50 chance he'll figure it out himself. Four little calves got left behind but haven't realized it yet. I expect to hear bawling from two directions this evening. We had to go to the feed store and fill up the cube cart. Have I mentioned the ragweeds?? I got in touch with the well pump guy and more or less let him know in a nice way that if he can't come soon I'm going to try to find help elsewhere. He assured me he will come tomorrow. I'm going to lie down for a while. Have had a shower and something to eat.

Good morning..... back from PT and relaxing with the BEAST..... tomorrow is a back to work day....but just a few more days..... then I can return to not working....
Manda... my heart goes out to you..... I hope the student wasn't one who Gena was besties with so the chance of exposure is as limited as it can be and that you and Gena can avoid the dastardly virus. My youngest son wanted to play the Saxophone.... our super repeated son was the brass section of "Ode to Joy"........painful at first very painful then not so bad.....

Happy Tuesday to all....

Oh, Amanda, how awful for Gena and you. Prayers that neither one of you have it or have to be quarentined.

OC, so neither the mamas or calves paid attention to where each other were when the mamas followed the cube cart? How sad for the poor calves to cry for their mamas at night. Good luck with the well pump guy.

robinsnest, will the school call you to fill in when others in that office have sick or vacation days?

All of our school districts have Head Start and Pre-K Counts (the state version of Head Start in their elementary schools.) It is supposed to be so the older kids can be an example for the little ones, plus the little ones are supposed to be familiar with the school and school procedures by the time they go to kindergarten. That's fine when the kids are 5 or 6, but it just scares them when they're a very young 3.

Oh Manda that’s so amazing about the cello. But boo about Covid exposure. That’s my biggest fear too.

RS - we have pre-k in our school as well but it is only 4+ and they have a separate entrance and playground area from K-6th.
Dach so glad you are feeling better.
OC the cows sound like hard work - hope everyone finds their way back

I had my first virtual IEP meeting today which was rather lackluster since basically they told me we need to do re-evaluations before we can set up any changes, so I gave permission for the testing and now we wait for Results.

Thanks everyone about the moderator. Poirot, said she needed help with things. I hope it works out.

manda, I hope Gena doesn't get Covid.

dachsie, I'm glad things are slowly getting better for you.

OC, I hope the pump guy comes so you won't have to find another one.

rs, do the three year olds have to wear masks in school?

robin, enjoy your afternoon.

Kris, I hope your daughters won't get sick.

my youngest grandson who is ah... let's call him strong willed.... doesn't mind wearing masks.... it was brought up to him in a manner that made sense to him and they are all great masks.... dinosaurs.... open mouth sharks..... Kids can do it if requested.... it's not a burden...... at least that's my opinion
robinsnest, will the school call you to fill in when others in that office have sick or vacation days?
Normally I check the open position board to see what is out there..... but the last two times these jobs weren't even posted they just called me to fill in. I guess I should feel special, but then again I might be #50 on the list of people they call..... :)

Squirrel, I'm hoping the calves won't be separated from their mamas overnight. These calves are little troublemakers anyway. They're not newborn babies and they're not teenagers. I'd say about age 10 in human terms (though in cow terms they're still nursing calves). They're the ones that have been getting out on the county road. In fact, my niece just called me and said they were out when she went to town earlier but on her way home they weren't out so I'm hoping they've already found their mamas. The gate is still open between the upper and lower pastures so they can come and go. Until the well pump is fixed they have to come up here near the house to get water. But they are happy to be grazing in the bigger pasture, which hasn't been grazed in over a year.

Kris, just curious, what is IEP?

Robin, I think it must be nice to know you don't have to be tied down to working ALL the time anymore.

Yes it is an individualized education plan. She has dyslexia, dysgraphia and sensory processing disorder along with some other learning disabilities. The IEP allows her to have text to speech on her class work, extra time, and other accommodations to her school work and testing

Thanks OC, she’s shown major growth in some things so I’m hoping the evaluations show that she needs less help in certain areas. But she’ll still get her speech therapy and OT I’m sure.

Back