9/8/18 Donuts & a Lazy Morning

IamRed

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

Can't believe it's after 10 and there was no thread. Guess we're all busy are having a lazy morning like me.

Either I'm coming down with a cold or my sinuses are acting up. I'm trying to rest before I go to work at 2 because I feel very worn out. On the plus side today is only supposed to be in the 80s. On the bad we're monitoring Hurricane Florence. Hope she stays out in the ocean.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning..... the fog is in at Santa Monica.....not really heavy but it's here..... I came to Santa Monica for a surprise party for my sister..... she was surprised..... it was great..... she had no idea...... we are staying today as her daughter who flew in from London turns 30 today so we will celebrate her birthday then head home early Sunday morning.....

Thanks for starting the thread this morning Red......

Happy Saturday!!! All 3 of my boys are in town for this party so today I'll be able to spend time with them today.....

Happy Saturday:

We are fighting hard to recover from this virus. Insomnia stalks due to congestion & coughing with fever, but I do feel a little better this morning. Never mind how much laundry is waiting or how desperately my house needs cleaning. I just look at it and think: it can wait. I have to wait, so.........

Red: hope the hurricane does not send any more rain and storms your way.

Robin: enjoy your great family time in Santa Monica this weekend. AND enjoy the temperatures before you return home to triple-digits forecast until the last week of September.

AGuy: thinking of you and missing your witty comments.

Poirot: hope your hand is healing.

OC: more prayers that your BP levels out consistently and you feel much better.

To everyone posting later, I most likely won't be stopping in later today but that doesn't mean I don't think about you.

Thinking about you too, Noel. What a nasty intrusion this virus has made into your home! I pray all of you turn the corner very soon.

IamRed, yes, thank you for starting the thread. Lately, I've been awake into the wee hours, then not sleeping well after that, so I've been staying in bed later than usual. I don't wish sinus problems on anyone, but I do hope you haven't caught a cold. I know these things start going around after school begins, but this is ridiculous. If Donuts is a sampling of the country, there must be a lot of sickness in the land!

Robin, what a great family time for you! Is it your sister's birthday too? Did she know her daughter was coming from London? Whatever the reason for the event, it sounds like a good time for all of you. Enjoy!

I got another THREE INCHES of rain overnight and it is still coming down, though not as hard now. It is supposed to all clear out by this afternoon. Since it began a week ago, I've had a total of a little over eight inches! I am overjoyed. So thankful. The tank that is in view of my house is finally starting to look full. It is rainy and 70*. I have the a/c shut off in my house. Would you believe I am cold? I have on long sleeves and pants and knee-high socks, and I'm sitting here with a throw around my neck. I think I will take a hot shower. So glad it is my day to stay home. I wouldn't get out today anyway, with all the water on the roads.

Mornin' all......Saturdays are lazy days, one can sleep a bit later, if lucky enough to be able to sleep, and then sort of take one's time doing whatever'. My sinus was going like mad this a.m., thought perhaps it was maybe a cold, but no, tis sinus. I have what they call post nasal drip I guess. Noel, hope you have not forgotten about Vicks on bottom of feet........wish I knew why it helps....allows some shuteye that seems to elude us when we cough constantly. (socks on the feet after applying).
OC.....it is like feast or famine your way, the ground is dry, cracked from lack of moisture, etc. and then bingo.....Rain, rain and more rain. We finally got some sun yesterday, and so far today, but we have really cooled off. 40s/50s at night......upper 60s, low 70s during day. Trees are turning, one in back is going all red, it's a small tree. Yes, I know it is lack of sun (shorter light) that does it, not the cool weather, lol)
Well, got a letter yesterday telling me my step-mother passed away in mid-August. Her brother finally got around to letting me know. I had been trying to call her a few times around that time, leaving messages (she was in assisted living, but evidently in hospital) and was planning on going to see her in fall when I take my "vacation". Last year, I spent it moving. I am upset he waited so long to let me know. She was always adamant about no wake, no funeral, being cremated, ashes strewn, but he could have let me know sooner (she even told him to be sure and contact me if and when).
My friend called me yesterday to remind me that our library, which shows a free movie a couple times a month, is going to be showing Murder on the Orient Express in a couple weeks. So..........heck.....we are going.
Boy, rain all over the country.....downpours in some areas.
Robin, how fun the surprise, but added bonus of seeing niece, and getting to help celebrate her birthday. Enjoy!
Back to the salt mines for me now. Have a good one, my friends.

A dreary day with drizzle. I didn't realize until I went walking with Goldie it
was misting early this morning.

Saturday mornings are busy days for me. I post the spoilers, eat breakfast.
Then I'm off doing my Sat errands. I've been staying longer than an hour
at the public library because I'm fixing things. Maybe this week I can get
in on a weekday.

red, I hope Hurricane Florence won't come ashore on the east coast.

robin, enjoy our fun weekend.

Noel, sorry to hear everyone still under the weather. I hope everyone
will be feeling a little better tomorrow.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your step mom. Enjoy the movie when you go.
My library only has movies during the summer when kids are out. I need
to make a suggestion to do it year round.

OC, did you take some of my rain? Feel better soon.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Saturday.

I have the a/c shut off in my house.

I dream of this day..... I know it is coming.... not yet.... maybe next month...... turning off the a/c.......

super secret small.jpg

Here is the gang in a how does the sign look as someone walks in the front door....

The kids have walked to the beach to swim or do whatever it is kids do at the beach :rolleyes:

The Lunch/dinner will be around 4 as we celebrate the birthday......

Back