9/9/18 - Donuts and more mist

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Goldie and I got spat on again this morning during our walk. We only went one time around
since it's a lot cooler today . Maybe we'll go out again before dinner. After dinner, I'm cleaning
my house because I'm going to help my friend at her school on Monday.

I hope everyone has a good day and evening.

Bad night's sleep, awake since 4...so, am showered etc., got dressed...... church, will be leaving in about an hour. Was so dark & gloomy this early am, thought maybe we were going to get unexpected rain, however the sun finally made it out around 7:30...a bit late, lol.

Good morning everyone. Rain, rain, and more rain here with temps in the low 50s. We're under flood warnings and watches like a good deal of the eastern part of the country.

I've been without internet since Friday night since my old Verizon DSL router finally died. I'm glad I had already called Verizon to ask for a new router to replace the one that was over 10 years old. I had to speak to someone in India to have the router sent from near the Pittsburgh airport...45 minutes from me !

I've just set up the new connections for my phone, laptop, and 2 of the ROKU streamers. I still have the Kindles and printer to do.

Will check in later to catch up. I know I've missed a bunch.

Afternoon all.... got up and out of the hotel by 6 am this morning.... the fog was heavy and wet.... Noel.... it was a mere 64 when we left Santa Monica today.... of course it didn't take long to warm up to a lovely 100+ but for a few brief moments it was nice....
My sister was Surprised and not happy about the party.... Saturday the kids went to the beach... several folks where having a difficult day..... but then again I don't drink so I had limited sympathy for them.....we continued to eat left overs as best we could.... sensitive tummies were not terribly fond of left over Mexican food... LOL.... for dinner we went to a new Trendy place on the west side.... Tony Goldwyn (the bad guy from Ghost) was sitting at a table having dinner near us..... you are allowed to bring your dogs to this place so that was fun... the food was good if strange..... fish and chips or chicken swarma wrap or steak and fries....
One son, the one with the two year old, headed home after dinner, the other two stayed at the place, ordered more beverages and the younger set stayed and celebrated the birthday.... at 11:30 pm I get a call as middle child has returned to my sisters and was locked out....I had to call her/wake her and to let him in.... she figured all the kids would return at the same time.... NOPE..... LOL Niece and some of her pals remained out till even wee er hours of the day......

I may nap now.... after the early morning drive home....

Oh my, Robin, sounds like a lot was crammed into your visit with family--some good and some not so great. How disappointing that your sister was not happy with her surprise party. Well, anyway, glad you got a few minutes of cooler weather to enjoy.

Squirrel, I hope you have everything hooked up to your router by now. It's so crazy that you'd have to talk with someone on the other side of the world, in order to get something that's almost within a stone's throw. Our ancestors would be shocked at the communication and transportation of today. You must feel completely soggy by now. I've enjoyed our week of off and on rain so much but I'd start getting the creeps if it had gone on much longer.

Poirot, I hope you sleep better tonight. Trying to function without sleep is just no good!

Kat, I guess our rain has moved on your way. I hope your temperatures are mild, as ours have been this past few days. I thought of you Friday when I was out driving. On the way to town a bobcat ran across the road in front of me. On the way home, a coyote did the same thing. Today, only a roadrunner did it. There is one spot, about a mile from my house, where a roadrunner dashes out in front of me often. It must have a nest in the area, though I don't know where, since there is a wheat field on either side of the road.

Noel, you are missed. The fact that you aren't here tells me that things are not improving very fast at your house.

After all the rain we got, I'm going to have to get my yard mowed soon, for the first time since spring. The nine heifers and one bull are trying to do their part but they haven't made much of a difference in the grass yet. I have one cotton bowl on the cotton I planted in a pot. I have my doubts it's going to mature enough to even open up. The titmice are having a wonderful time splashing in the water pan right now. Temperature only in the low 70s today, still overcast, even though the rain is gone. A pleasant day!

OC, your rain didn't come this way. My area only got mist since yesterday. It might
rain this coming weekend. I'll have time to finish ditch and rake the grass in

yard since mower came today.

robin, I'm glad you had a good weekend even though your sister didn't like her surprise.

rs, I hope you were able to catch up reading messages today.

Poirot, I hope you'll sleep better tonight.

Back