A funny (??) thing happened on the way....

eweiner

Reaction score
to the Colosseum!!

I felt like a member of the crowd watching the aftermath of the lions and the people thrown in the pit!! One could almost (not quite) feel sorry for Julie!! She beautifully and over-dramatically played the part of the only grieving person on the scene (well, other than Allie)...Allie so innocently was really hurt and I hope that she doesn't have a problem with this after the show. Of course, since she probably saw him get up and walk away...it shouldn't have any lasting life-time upset for her.

I kept hoping Julie would stop the dramatics, but there wouldn't have been much of a show today if she hadn't. I sat in the family room, watching her play her part...eating lunch and yelling at her that it's enough already...let him die!! Kind of like "thumbs down" decision time in Rome.

I was really surprised that they didn't have Dr. Dan there to save him, but if he wasn't in the hospital there would not have been time to wait, I guess.

Should be interesting to see how this goes now...I notice that even Vargas was mentioned as a possibility. EJ made a quick "recovery" when Sami overheard him saying to "get rid of all the photos".

I would have thought that Hope would have called for back-up, since Rafe recused himself...we know that there are other cops in Salem, we've seen them from time to time.

I felt Julie was over the top in her reactions. Nick did say everyone "hated" him, but how would Julie know who? She was nasty to everyone in the square except Jordan, who helped medically. Yes, she was grief stricken, but to start accusing everyone in the square, especially since Nick was shot, and everyone in the square was there to see him show up. How far was the park he was shot? Fifteen minutes? That's a long way to go when you are shot twice in the chest. Before collapsing, Nick seemed to point, but right away Julie assumed it was to point out the killer, but it could have been him pointing to Gabi to come to his side because of how much he loved her. I know its a soap, but it was a little over the top in my opinion. Good show though, some parts difficult to watch.

I thought Julie handled it correctly -- how often does anyone (even in Salem) see a vital young relative cut down like that, with so much blood. I know I'd have been pretty hysterical. Thought the scenes with Julie, Hope, Maggie and Gabi saying goodbye were just right -- it was good to see that a few people were sorry to see Nick go. Some attention must be paid to the death of a Horton, no matter how weasely.

Julie was over the top nasty. She knows what Nick did to Will, Sonny and Gabi and that Will was almost killed by some nut going after Nick. And she should know that it takes alot for Abby to not get along with someone. Julie knows there is good reason for the hatred of Nick. Other than that the only thing I would have liked to have seen on yesterdays episode is when Gabi was left with Nick's body instead of a montage of her good memories of Nick she should have coldly said "you should have learned your lesson by the river".

I can't blame Julie for how she reacted, but Nick was an *bleep* to almost everyone he came in contact with including using Gabi the way he did to get what he wanted. I still don't think that anyone in the crowd at Horton Square did it, I just haven't figured out whom yet. Oh God I should work for Salem PD.

Julie knew full well all that Nick had done to some there, and that it was wrong. Thus her urging him to get help, to return to the nice nerdy Nick that originally came to Salem, etc. etc. She pleaded with Nick, encouraged him to seek counseling, etc. So, her diatribe at the group seemed off the wall, and overboard.

Back