A Hernandez Christmas?

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
So now that the Hernandez clan is well intact and living under the same roof, will we see a family Christmas?:confused:Will Days put the effort in to keep a minority family on canvas.:drunk: Or will they eventually all fade away. Sadly they have not been able to build a strong African American family. :back:So far I have not been impressed with the current Dario and how they are using him. Mama Hernandez needs to be connected with a show veteran and get her out of the bubble of her family.:whack:Nice to see Gabi back.:clap:But just throwing this family together without something to really bond them will not go very far. I hope the writers can pull it off.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind a Hernandez Christmas, just as long as they're not the only family celebrating the holiday. This Christmas might very well be Days' last, so they better celebrate! Mass, the Christmas story reading, the Horton tree trimming, the Kiriakis men getting Victor a gift; the whole nine yards.

And tht is exactly what Days has not been doing, tho last year we had the Horton tree trimming. But I do hope that Days will take a break this year, give us family Thanksgiving, & Christmas shows. :)

We had the Brady Thanksgiving last year. It was when Belle and Claire returned. And Hope still recognized Claire as her granddaughter as she was the first one over to her lol. However, Jeannie T and Tate were missing. We also had a Kiriakis Thanksgiving.

If the show were really making the effort with the Hernandez family, they would celebrate Three Kings Day. I would much rather see Eric Brady on the show over Dario. Marlena should have her children on the show and I think it's sickening that everyone else gets away with crime except the one person who was truly sorry for what he did. As for the Hernandez family, I'd be fine with Rafe, Gabi and Eddie in the long run. Mama H should be recurring or killed off. And I agree about the bubbles. I'm sick of seeing everyone in the kitchen or in scenes with one another. What happened to Mama's nursing job? They should be playing that up big time with Hope in the hospital.

Keep Gabi, ditch the rest.

Oh, and give the kitchen/home set to, uh, well, since no one in Salem cooks, ditch the house set & give the living room to Chad & Abby. Get them OUT of that dark mansion.

@ Oldsoapie.....wish I could like your post more times!! :)

While I like the actress who plays the character of Mama Hernandez, I really dislike her meddling. Is this all mothers can do on Days is meddle and not leave their ADULT children to make their own mistakes, learn lessons in love, live their own lives regardless of whether or not they are in agreement with their choices or not?? Kate, Sami, Caroline, Jennifer, Adrienne.
Can't add Hope to this list because I'm not even sure she knows her children's names. :sarcasm:

Personally I would love to see a Jewish family too someday. I believe Robin Jacobs was the only Jewish character on this soap.

I was shocked that there was a menorah at the nurse's station last December. I kind of think Anne is Jewish as she spouts off Yiddish words sometimes and even said Mazel Tov to Jeannie T on the pregnancy but it's never been explicitly mentioned.
Can't add Hope to this list because I'm not even sure she knows her children's names. :sarcasm:

Or her granddaughter's name

Let's try to imagine a Hernandez family Christmas.

1) Mami prepares a marvelous multi-course dinner and everyone sits down at the table.
2) Dario starts in again on Eduardo. They argue. Dario storms out of the house.
3) Mami again tells Rafe that Hope is not the one for him. A fed-up Rafe leaves the table.
4) Eduardo gets yet another threatening phone call and rushes off somewhere.
5) Blanca gets a nasty call from her obsessive ex-boyfriend. Upset, she too leaves the table.
6) Mami, Gabi, and Arianna finish the meal together. All the while, Mami is shaking her head over her dysfunctional family.

Gabi invites Mami to come along instead of spending Christmas alone. As soon as she walks in the door, things start to go downhill.

Mami to Hope: Stay away from my son, Rafael. You're too old for him.
Mami to Victor: Can't you ever say anything nice?
Mami to Kayla: Blanca says you're being chased by that Dr. Dingo. Stay away from him. He only wants a second mami.
Mami to Jenny: Why are you always confronting people? Stay home and cook for your son.
Mami to Chad: If your poor loca wife never comes home, maybe you'd like to meet Blanca.
Mami to JJ: For a young man you have too much to say. Be quiet and listen to your elders.
Mami to Abe: My son Rafael was injured in a DiMera tunnel. Why didn't your office ever do something about them? Estupido!
Mami to Julie: Why are you supporting Jennifer's custody suit against against young Chad? Go take a cruise.

Dr. Baker Fan: :rotfl::rotfl:

I might actually like Mami more if she got out of her bubble and talked to the other Salem citizens that way instead of focusing all of her meddling on Rafe. It reminds me of Anne when she used to go off on Jennifer and the Horton clan of their faults.

While I like the actress who plays the character of Mama Hernandez, I really dislike her meddling. Is this all mothers can do on Days is meddle and not leave their ADULT children to make their own mistakes, learn lessons in love, live their own lives regardless of whether or not they are in agreement with their choices or not?? Kate, Sami, Caroline, Jennifer, Adrienne.

That is what Latino mothers do best!

Maybe, but in my opinion its coming off as a stereotype.

Back