A What If? Storyline - Stefano Successfully Kidnapped The Brady Twins (Sami & Eric)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Madness

Reaction score
Website
www.cdc.gov
Another idea I had for a Days of Our Lives storyline was what would have happened if Stefano had successfully kidnapped the Brady Twins (Sami & Eric) and ended up raising them from infancy. Years later (say in the late 1990s - c.2000) Stefano & Andre (as faux Tony) return with the new 'children' & 'siblings' who, even when the truth eventually comes out side with the only father & brother they have ever known and act like true evil Dimeras much to the heartbreak of the Brady clan. Note in this timeline the Brady Twins would more or less replace Peter & Kristen Blake as Stefano's surrogate children, and Marlena's possession never takes place because Stefano doesn't return until a few years later. I wonder how would this have played out?

Interesting idea - but I find it hard to believe that Roman & Marlena wouldn't have moved heaven & earth to find their twins. And I don't like the idea of no Krist-ann!! :)

Another idea I had for a Days of Our Lives storyline was what would have happened if Stefano had successfully kidnapped the Brady Twins (Sami & Eric)
Well, Stefano DID successfully kidnap Sami and Eric and held them for quite awhile. He allowed Marlena to visit them, while a nurse he hired (Kate Honeycutt, played by Father Knows Best actress Elinore Donahue) took care of them and monitored Marlena's visits. Eventually Bo rescued the babies and brought them back to Marlena.

Here are some pictures from Beth's Days of Our Lives Page (which is no longer online) showing the twins with Nurse Kate Honeycutt, Marlena and Stefano in the background. Give it a few seconds to load:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050305170054/www.childrenofsalem.com/days/kidsgrewup/ericsami.html

But honestly, Sami has been such a hateful child, I could easily see her as the pseudo-daughter of Stefano. She's a lot like Stefano's real daughter, Megan Hathaway, his "Golden Girl", who died when she set a trap to electrocute Hope and ended up being sizzled herself.

I used to think a really neat storyline would've been that Sami wasn't even Marlena's biological daughter, that she came from an egg donated by Marlena's twin, Samantha Evans, fertilized by Stefano and somehow he managed to implant Marlena with the embryo when she was pregnant with Eric.

Imagine if that would've happened and Sami found out she was really the daughter of crazy she-bat Samantha Evans and Stefano DiMera?!!

Ah yes I recall reading about the storyline, what I meant was I thought it would have been interesting if Stefano had fled the country with the twins instead of Marlena getting them back at the end. How it would have changed Days history, would no doubt been interesting. Though I also like your idea. :cool:

He actually did flee the country with them! LOL They were on some remote island in one of his maximum security compounds. Back then Bo Brady was a lot smarter and managed to get in, grab the babies and get back to Salem with them!

Ah Stefano has so many islands, including my own. :love:I wish we'd see some of the Dimera Islands more often these days. *sigh*

Of course I meant if he had kept them and vanished until they were grown of course lol.

Somehow, I don't see Sami being much different from the spoiled brat we see now! LOL

Now Eric, that would be a different story since grown Eric was always a good guy.

@Just Samantha now a pairing between Stefano and Marlena's crazy sister could be fun for a future What If? storyline. Also I like the idea of Sami being Stefano & Samantha Evans' daughter rather than Marlena & Roman's.

As for the permise of this thread. I've already thought up a name for the alternate Sami Brady - Santina Dimera. Stefano names his surrogate daughter after his beloved father, and develops a soft spot for her (as he has all his female children). Now, I'm thinking Stefano picks the name Rodrigo Dimera for the alternate Eric Brady. Rodrigo being Stefano's favorite uncle in this universe. The reason nobody looks for the twins is because Stefano makes it seem that they died, fleeing the Island compound, during a boat explosion he himself escaping in a seperate way (say on a helicopter, secretly with the twins).

When Santina & Rodrigo come to Salem 18-20 years later, Stefano passes them off as his children by a woman who he had a fling with from Europe who tragically died shortly after they were born. Now I'm not yet sure how the truth should eventually come out if I write the full story, but the twins will be in town two or maybe three years. Of course they will be rubbing everyone, including the Bradys & Hortons, the wrong way before the reveal.

Santina's life pretty much follows a similar path, she becomes obsessed with Austin Roberts, who is married to her unknown half sister Carrie by now, and she enlists the help of Austin's brother Lucas who doesn't so much want Carrie in this timeline but rather Santina herself. Of course Santina sees him as nothing but her Bart style flunky in this universe, kind of like a younger Vivian & Ivan only a tad darker.

Now I'm not fully sure who to pair Rodrigo. I'm considering that Nicole sets her sights on him, once again mirroring the actual universe to a certain degree, when she fails to seduce Victor wanting his money & power more than anything else. Rodrigo however is far more interested in Chloe Lane, due to her singing voice being an opera fan like Stefano, which brings him into major conflict with his unknown half step brother Brady as Rodrigo ruthlessly pursues.

That could've been a very interesting storyline. Imagine Roman and Marlena's horror to discover that Stefano's twin children were, in fact, the thought-to-be deceased Sami and Eric.

Oh yeah it'll hit the fan once the truth comes out. Up until that point Rodrigo will really have it out for Roman due to 'railroading his father', or at least trying to do so. Roman for his part will see Rodrigo as nothing more than a punk & a 'little Stefano' as Roman often calls Rodrigo. On the flip side Santina & Marlena will often butt heads over the former's general spoiled debutant behavior, and Santina trying to steal Austin away & ruin Carrie's life in the process. I'm considering having Roman & Marlena still be together in this universe if I do write the story, thus adding to the tension of the eventual reveal concerning the true identities of the twins, John having stayed with Isabella who is very much alive in this universe. Thus I must correct Brady's status above, he'd be more an honorary Brady family member than a stepbrother to Rodrigo.

I hope you do write the story. Sounds like it would be really good. And as much as I love Marlena and John together, I'll always have a soft spot for Marlena and original Roman as a couple.

I debated what would be best for the story, and I think Roman (and yes I would model his character after the original) and Marlena should still be together, in spite of everything Stefano has done to them, here is why -

During one pivotal foreshadowing scene Marlena confronts the young Santina about the latter trying to breakup Austin & Carrie. During the ensuing verbal confrontation Marlena tells Santina to leave her daughter alone. Satina then smugly taunts Marlena that she doesn't understand why Marlena is so worked up because from what she understands Carrie isn't even Marlena's 'real daughter', they are not even 'related by blood'. Marlena retorts, after recovering from her initial anger & shock, that only a Dimera would say something so vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back