Abby....Chad, too!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know where to begin with the ruination of Abby, and Chad as well. Tis a travesty!

Abby certainly has been no angel, from her setting up the implication she & Austin were having an affair, to her actual one with the about to be married EJ, she has certainly not thought through whatever she is doing. Along comes Ben, she is "with" him, but then there is that pulling attraction towards Chad. Yes, constant turmoil, trouble, danger, near death, but Chad was there, fighting for her, rescuing her, putting his own life at risk, a constant.

Abby breaks down mentally, is hospitalized, not getting better, Chad there always. She is having hallucinations of Ben, runs away, having the idea she did not want to be a burden to Chad and their son. Gramma Laura takes her in, hiding her, helping with the right meds this time, and she gets better, much better. So much so, she goes to Salem to try and see her son.

Personally, I think Gramma Laura needs to come to Salem, and get Abby back on proper meds, because she certainly has been off the wall in her thinking, her actions, her conclusions.

And Chad has not helped at all with his devotion to his wife and child, plus lust for Gabi. Deimos recognized that, took advantage of it.

And Abby ....filing for divorce, believing Dario's claim of perhaps being deported, not checking facts.

Insisting she loves Chad so much, wants him happy, so he should be with Gabi.

I absolutely detest this stupid story, and cannot understand how quickly and easily these current writers had to ruin something viewers loved. I don't care if there was a recast......story was there. The actors are great. Chad no longer is even trying in a scene. Abby is pitiful.

Yes, this is my opinion. Is there hope for these two, How?

Yes the story is beyond exasperating! She imagined Jack saving & encouraging her in the hospital while being self-destructive. It is as if Higley used every soap opera roadblock to happiness for this couple in short time. Sure hope the new writer corrects this folly.:sad:

Chad and Abby had more than enough angst as a couple without Gabi and Dario being involved.

I hate how the mental illness storyline was simply dropped. That should still be playing out: Abby's insecurities about Thomas, about Chad, still hallucinating about Ben, fear of Ben, etc. I'm not so sure they need Laura but Marlena should have been involved, both counseling Abby and counseling Chad and Abby.

Chad should never have been put into Gabi or even Ciara's orbit. Very sloppy writing.

Hear, hear. This was a successful recast in my opinion and the new Abby sparked with Chad. NO REASON to break them up other than incredibly cheap and lazy writing. It's much easier to write a triangle/interloper than to write challenges where a couple is strengthened through adversity. Ms Higley and her cohort of rotating head writers this past year have simply taken the path of least resistance.

It's not working. Ratings are terrible.

Thank you for this post. I am not sure why, but this storyline drives me nuts, even more than the recent "miracles" in Salem! I think the actress is fine as Abby, I think she and Chad do match up well, but they way she made her debut (hiding in the attic, witch hat, etc) was a mistake. I loved when Chad was fighting for Abby against Ben - I wanted Chad and Abby together sooo much!!!

The way Chad is written now with Gabi is awful, he seem so goofy and the fact that they keep getting trapped together in a short period of time is ridiculous! Abby definitely should be getting therapy and great use for Marlena! I love when she is in doctor mode. I liked JJ with Gabi and now even Eli, but that seems to be ruined now that she told Eli that Chad is the "one". :rolleyes:

I think maybe down the road Chad and Abby will end up together, but as crazy as Abby has been, I don't blame her for telling Chad she wants his whole heart. He did NOT try hard enough in my opinion.

Agree 100%

Chad and Abby were the first real super couple in so many years. They had great chemistry and it felt like there was finally a younger couple for fans to enjoy watching. I may be in the minority by thinking the recast was a failure. I don't particularly like the new Abigail. However, the writers didn't even try to write a good story for the couple.

I didn't like that Abigail faked her death. And I understood that Chad and Abigail would have challenges to trust one another and get back what they had. Instead of writing about her mental illness and Chad being supportive and helping her through, the writers threw in Gabi (which was rushed and ridiculous). It's gone downhill (with Dario and this ploy to get Abigail to marry him) and I pray the new writers can reverse the damage done to these two characters.

I think they made a huge mistake in the way the transition was made between the two actresses playing Abigail. They wanted to fill the gap, hence the awful "fake my death" storyline. I prefer they do it as they did forty years ago when an actress was replaced. The new one just took over where the other one left off, and a voiceover or scroll on the screen simply said, "The role of _______ is now being played by ________." As I see it, that's all they need to do.

I like the actress who replaced Abby, however, I do not believe the chemistry with her and Chad. It is too different. She is playing what is written but it falls flat for me. They don't dress her as her age. Hope's wardrobe is way better than Abby's is.

Chad had such potent writing when Abby became ill and supposedly died. Definitely Emmy worthy. This storyline is so ridiculous I don't know where to start.

I think we should blame the writing for Deimos. He is the root of all of Nicole's recent problems. He set up Chad and Gabi because of their companies? He is so unredeemable, I cannot wait for a murder mystery. Of course, that is speculation on my part but it would get my attention. It's taking forever to have his comeuppance. He is no Stefano.

There was something about Stefano doing crappy things and getting away with it and his charm. Deimos has no charm. He is a lying low life. He used to say he always tells the truth but we all know that isn't true and his actions are despicable. How many times does a woman have to say, "Leave me alone, you slime in the ice machine" before he gets it? Plus how is he financing the Halo drug. Give me a break. Why doesn't Nicole file a restraining order?

I think my head hurts.

I'm going to throw in a second thought here.

I was "Team Abby/Ben" all the way. I wanted Chad to take the train. I really wanted someone else to be the killer through some second twist (Ben protecting a friend, his evil brother, undead zombie mother, whatever). Chad had been a jerk to Abby and had instigated Ben at every turn as if it was Ben's fault that Abby had moved on. (And I didn't like that they tried to push insta-love on Ben and Abby, either.)

But lo, Chad/Abby won my heart as they fought their way through psychoses to be together. I'm still mad that Abby couldn't have just stayed in the sanitarium while the recast brewed, but no, they had to do the lame fake-death thing. Every move since, in my opinion, has been wrong.

The writers have repeatedly told us that it doesn't MATTER who TODAY'S couple is, they'll be undone in a second with the flimsiest of excuses as soon as it's convenient. I'm not sure I care about Abby/Chad anymore, but I sure don't care about Gabi or her men, Lani/JJ, or Eli's romances, or Dario. Why should I? The deck will be reshuffled shortly.

I mentioned on another thread. Chad and Abby will probably get back together and Gabi will tell them she is pregnant.:sick: This is ONLY speculation!!

Back