Abby's situation

jgk

Reaction score
Perhaps some people are enjoying watching Abby suffer and having her baby's life put at an even greater risk, but I truly can't stand it!!!!!! And am hoping that they don't show much more of it, and have a rescue happen SOON! I truly hate seeing people tortured, and don't watch many nighttime dramas that friends tell me are really good. To have them do so much of it on Days ruins it for me. No, I don't expect everything to be happily ever after all the time, but risking babies ticks me off!!

Why try and text such a long message to Chad? Why not text a short need help or in danger to anyone, including Jen or JJ, call 911 or even just call and leave the phone on so someone could hear what was happening? It's the same as Bo calling Caroline instead of Roman, John or the cops. Makes no sense.

Why try and text such a long message to Chad? Why not text a short need help or in danger to anyone, including Jen or JJ, call 911 or even just call and leave the phone on so someone could hear what was happening? It's the same as Bo calling Caroline instead of Roman, John or the cops. Makes no sense.
I believe it is because Abigail is just plain dumb.

We see it as dragged out and a long time but in Salem time she has probably only been in labor a few minutes several hours . I do wish it would wrap up. I hate that it will probably be born the day Bo died.
Baby Spencer Aurelius for a boy. Ha :wink:

Ugh, I was so annoyed by her long text to Chad. She could have texted him anything, even a blank text or an incomprehensible string of text and just hit send. That would have been enough to let Chad know something was wrong.

And contraction or not, she should have pushed send or dropped the phone before exposing her hands but apparently her brain was having a contraction too.

She may have thought she was out of a 911 area......but I do agree about just dialing a number and leaving the phone on under the blanket so all the conversation could be heard, plus they could trace the signal then.
That scenario was stupidly done, and just contrived so Ben could see it, kill the phone, and do more threatening.
He is off the wall already, spiraling downward, & she does something so inane. :angry:

I have to agree with all of you! This story has dragged out far too long now! I really do feel horrible for Abigail in labor, crying for her mother. I began to tear up last night watching these scenes. But come on now? She definitely could have just called 911 or Jenn, anyone in Salem for that matter, and just left the phone on. When is this story going to be wrapped up and Ben finally get whats coming to him? He really is off his rocker and needs to be punished already.

I just want someone to come and save Abby and the midwife, Wendy. Ben is truly a sick "bleepidy bleep bleep". If it is a boy, she should name him Grayson Beauregard.
If it's a Girl Grayson Johanna

Last edited:
Wow guys, tell us how you all really feel. I, for one, am just trying to enjoy Days with all its ups and downs. There is only one section that I FF thru and that is all things Sami. Abby is really scared and these scenes are portraying that fear. I don't believe she was thinking clearly when trying to text. If they moved the story on quickly I guess there would be those complaining that it all happened too fast. Enjoying the pace of Days right now. Just my opinion.

Yes, of course, it may seem many of us here are complaining. Yes, count me in as one of those who do think this is dragging too long. I do get your point, though, ASpotAbove, that if it moved too fast, we would not be too happy either. The show needs suspense, action, drama.

But see, to me, in order for a storyline to succeed, whether faster or slower, there has to be great writing. To be fair, the new writers have done a good job, most of the time. Except for the timeline of Bo's return and death (too much happened in 24 hours), and now, this story with Abby and Ben. Don't even get me started on Sami, as in my opinion, she brings nothing to the show and should've stayed gone dreaming about the looooooove of her life EEEEEJJJJ!. :sick:

But the rest has been pretty good. Yes, the acting (Kayla, Hope, Steve, Abby, even Ben... wow, creepy !), has been great.

But Abigail getting kidnapped for how long now ? And in order to slow the pace, the writers (and us) have to let go of some basic logic : where does she go the bathroom, why is she not on the bed, where did Ben find the midwife, doesn't anyone ever see or hear anything ? Plus, the writers have Abigail act like a brainless woman. Yes, again, she's in pain, I get that. But like many said, she could have done so many things with the darn phone. But to see her constantly dropping it just when she's about to succeed. One only wants to roll one's eyes ! It's beyond annoying. Same with Rafe. He's usually so sharp and now, he's so slow it's frustrating. I catch myself yelling at my TV : Come on, man, do something !

Add to this the fact that Chad has amnesia and can't remember why he fought with Ben. This is just too much. Seriously. Too much to make a good, riveting storyline.

I like how Abby's water broke but we saw no one clean it up and both Ben and Wendy have been kneeling in front of her. Not to mention, once your water breaks you only have a small window of time before it becomes very dangerous for both the baby and mom.

Reactions: jgk
If she had hung up the phone after texting, Chad (!!!) would have immediately responded, thus making Abby's phone ping. If she called, and left the phone off the hook, he would have been yelling into the phone, thus again alerting Ben. :rotfl:

It's probably a family heirloom gun left for him by Clyde.
Agree. Clyde probably said: "Here son, take this gun. It's the one that killed EJ DiMera."

I believe it is because Abigail is just plain dumb.
Abigail might respond by saying: "I'm not really dumb, but "da plot" forces me to act that way." Right now, she's like the teens in the ad who are trying to hide from a crazed killer who pass up a car with the motor running and instead try to hide behind a row of hanging chainsaws.

I have a feeling Ben will go on the run with the baby and that will go on for another month or two.:sick::sick:
That would be a sight, psycho Ben on the run with a newborn. When he's caught, and a reporter asks how the police caught him, one officer might say: "Easy, he was in a deep sleep. Staying up all night with a crying baby wore him out."

Back