Actor Kristoff St. John (from Y&R) has died

Just read that on SOD....A real shame........Also never watched Y*R, but he was on for so many years, plus nominated so many times for Emmys.....

I've watched Y&R since it began and this was a shock to read this morning. He'd been struggling since the death of his son a few years ago. So sad.

Now that the news is settling in, prayers for his family and co-workers. Been in the situation before when a co-worker dies unexpectedly and it is a shock to system that takes time to work thru. May his family and co-workers have grace wash over them as they walk thru this.

I read his wife wrote a post on either Facebook or Instagram, which she ended up removing a short time later. (relating to his death and that of their son a few years ago)

So sad to hear. Have watched him on the Young and Restless for a long time. Prayers to his family.

They discussed his passing on The Talk today and Sheryl Underwood (one of the hosts) summed it up perfectly. She said she thinks he died of a broken heart after losing his son a few years ago.

I wondered that too. I know they had some changes at that soap opera.

He had been off the show for extended periods while he sought help for his depression after the death of his son. They wrote in his absences by saying his character had gone out of town to help care for his young son while the child's mother was recuperating from a broken leg. Then later that he had moved closer to the prison where his daughter was. Other characters would mention him being with his little boy or able to visit his daughter in prison every day.

Back