Actor leaving

Geez, if the person only joined the cast 2 years ago, why are they calling him / her a veteran?

There were also a bunch of new actors / actresses in 2015 when the kids were SORAS'd.

If they're talking about the actress who plays Jade, that cat is already out of the bag.

There have also been rumors that the actress who plays Ciara (Vivian Jovanni ?) is now gone or will be going.

Last edited:
Deimos or Eduardo are the 2 most likely soap veterans. But Deimos hasn't been with the show for that long - for sure under 2 years - not that many other "veterans" on the show that are only there for 2 years. I doubt they are considering any of Days veterans as being there under 2 years (Lucas, Steve, Kayla, Andre, etc).

So, we know Philip is leaving. A Martinez (Eduardo) asked to be on recurring which is where he is now. Dario? Still seeing backstage pics of him. Jade is also leaving.

Hmmm, actually, there are a lot of actors who joined or rejoined Days within the last 2 years.

Andre, Steve, Kayla, Paul, Gabi, Dario, Deimos, Eduardo, plus Joey, Ciara, Theo & Claire.

Well Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) was at Day of Days but so was Vivian Jovanni (Ciara) and she is rumored to be gone too.

Maybe wishful thinking but I hope it's Deimos and not Eduardo. I really like both actors but the Deimos character is of no use to me. I really can't think of who else fits this bill other than those 2. The description sounds like they joined the show for the first time in the last 2 years.

Between Deimos and Eduardo I wish neither. I am probably a bigger A Martinez (Eduardo) fan but he is hardly on. I really am liking Deimos as a bad guy who isn't always bad.

I think it might be Eduardo or Deimos. I hope it's Eduardo. There isn't much going on with him. And nope, I don't even care to know what he's smuggling inside these fake bags. Not well written enough for me to care. Add this to the fact that he's involved with Kate, who (or is it whom ?) I don't like at all. Even her support of Adrienne is not enough for me to like her.

Now Deimos, I think he has potential. Not with Nicole, mind you, but I like him as a grey character. And I like the actor. I like the actor who plays Eduardo too, but hey, if I have to chose. Not that my choice matters anyway... but for the fun of it, I chose Deimos.

Hmmm, actually, there are a lot of actors who joined or rejoined Days within the last 2 years.

Andre, Steve, Kayla, Paul, Gabi, Dario, Deimos, Eduardo, plus Joey, Ciara, Theo & Claire.
I wasn't counting the re-joiners, just the new ones, but I guess I'm wrong. And I certainly wouldn't consider Joey, Ciara, Theo or Claire to be "veterans". Not even sure Gabi, Dario or Paul count as veterans. But that's just me

I think the same could be said for Deimos. He adds no value to the show as a character. Why give Victor 2 long lost brothers in the span of a year? Deimos should have been Titus therefore Xander's father. If not, he should have been Victor's long lost son. To me, Deimos is what Summer was to Maggie. Both useless characters interfering in stories where they are not needed.

As for Eduardo, the fact that he was dropped to recurring by choice of the actor gives me hope he is still there. I also remember an interview he did early on with Michael Fairman where he talked about times he couldn't find work so he's always grateful to be busy. So, it's hard for me to believe he'd leave Days based on that.

By the way if the show wants to recast Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) as David Banning, I wouldn't hate it.

Another vet. This is a pattern.

I think it's more of a pattern that they've been getting rid of the younger set. Jeannie Theresa, Shawn, Belle, Philip, Will, Zoe than the vets. If anything they are still overloaded with vets. Yes we have the teens too but we need an in between set as well. The very few 40 somethings on the show are mixed with characters in their 50s and 60s so that kind of removes them from the younger set. I was very happy to see the Nicole and Brady friendship scenes yesterday. I wish we could get some with Nicole and Rafe too.

Back